What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons 16 Premierships .

John moz

Juniors
The 15 premierships plus 1 with illawarra.
Now that illawarra doesn't have the 50% of the merger was taken over by wincorp.
The Dragons need to sit down with the Nrl and put forward a licence that is now St george Dragons and 50% buyer wincorp in the franchise not known as a merger.
The Dragons should be listed as 16 premierships in the nrl .

Lennyb

Juniors
If the St George side of things where running the show, maybe. But the Illawarra win corp dragons are in control now.

Gardenia

Juniors
The 15 premierships plus 1 with illawarra.
Now that illawarra doesn't have the 50% of the merger was taken over by wincorp.
The Dragons need to sit down with the Nrl and put forward a licence that is now St george Dragons and 50% buyer wincorp in the franchise not known as a merger.
The Dragons should be listed as 16 premierships in the nrl .
This

The reason the Steelers sold their interest in the licence to WIN was to preserve the Illawarra’s continued involvement as a region.

This is perfectly reasonable on their part.

As for the governing body of the game, Newscorp have succeeded in relocating the most recognisable “brand” and jersey in rugby league to the Illawarra region.

We now live apparently in the “NRL” era, hence our grand final streak is no longer recognised.

Newscorp, I hope to live long enough to see you collapse.

Lennyb

Juniors
The reason the Steelers sold their interest in the licence to WIN was to preserve the Illawarra’s continued involvement as a region.

This is perfectly reasonable on their part.

As for the governing body of the game, Newscorp have succeeded in relocating the most recognisable “brand” and jersey in rugby league to the Illawarra region.

We now live apparently in the “NRL” era, hence our grand final streak is no longer recognised.

Newscorp, I hope to live long enough to see you collapse.
Someone will write a book in years to come on how a greedy, outdated few. Lost control of the emblem.

But, you cant stop progress, so they say.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
How much are St George District RLFC willing to sell the 15 trophies for?

I’m sure my uncle Bruce will be happy to pay it to re-unite the full 16 titles at the new 1st grade club.

We all know it’s the right thing to do.

How much are St George District RLFC willing to sell the 15 trophies for?

I’m sure my uncle Bruce will be happy to pay it to re-unite the full 16 titles at the new 1st grade club.

We all know it’s the right thing to do.
Somehow I can’t see St George accepting advertising on WIN TV from an old flea bag like Bruce

Guessing he is likely to offer tiki green stamps

56to66

Juniors
Did you hear that dick Buzz on NRL 360? He just rated the threepeat more than Saints 11 in a row. That f**ker needs to be put out to pasture.
Typical f**kwit, what else would you expect from a docile scumulla supporter!
His head would be an Ideal toilet brush.
It took 40 years for another team to win 3 in row, so I wonder how long it will take another team to win 11 in a row?, never again.
The St. George Dragons are famous for winning 11 consecutive premierships from 1956 to 1966, a record that has never been matched in any major Australian sporting competition( From Bing GPT Chat 4), at one stage is was a World record for decades.
Oh yes the NSWRL had to bring in Scumulla Sharks and the 4 tackle rule to stop the original Juggernauts!

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
Interesting side take, Bayern Munich, a soccer team that plays in the Germany comp (not a Mickey Mouse comp like the A-League) have won 11 straight and are presently going for number 12 (they are running 3rd at the moment after six games).

Parko1310

Juniors
Interesting side take, Bayern Munich, a soccer team that plays in the Germany comp (not a Mickey Mouse comp like the A-League) have won 11 straight and are presently going for number 12 (they are running 3rd at the moment after six games).
The Bundesliga may not be mickey mouse, but it's certainly what they call a farmer's league. No other team realistically has the money, or enough power to compete with Bayern. Dortmund bottled it last year, they probably won't get another chance for a while. They are the only potential threat to Bayern, and their a development club for young players. It's not exactly a competitive competition

Trifili13

Juniors
Did you hear that dick Buzz on NRL 360? He just rated the threepeat more than Saints 11 in a row. That f**ker needs to be put out to pasture.
At least big Gordie stood up and said you can't compare eras. I get that we now have a salary cap (in name only) but you can't just say that Penrith are a better team than the Eels of the early 80s or Dragon's of the 50s and 60s just because we now have a salary cap. Everyone had the same rules in the previous eras so why didn't they achieve what the Eels and Dragon's did?

Some of the older formites might know but wasn't there a residency criteria or import rule in the old days so you couldn't just buy a team, although I am sure there were ways to get around it like the current day salary cap.

56to66

Juniors
At least big Gordie stood up and said you can't compare eras. I get that we now have a salary cap (in name only) but you can't just say that Penrith are a better team than the Eels of the early 80s or Dragon's of the 50s and 60s just because we now have a salary cap. Everyone had the same rules in the previous eras so why didn't they achieve what the Eels and Dragon's did?

Some of the older formites might know but wasn't there a residency criteria or import rule in the old days so you couldn't just buy a team, although I am sure there were ways to get around it like the current day salary cap.
Cronulla Should be embarrassed only winning 1 comp, so the dogs of war means nothing, Sea Eagles means nothing, buzz rudderless is such an idiot, 11 in a Row, eat shit!

Latest posts