What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons 2014 draw - Home ground discussion

Roo...

Juniors
WOW, we have all been shafted. 1 Kogarah game until July. 2 night games in the dead of Winter and in origin period when the real NRL goes on holiday.

Is there a planned boycott of membership? I’m 6 years in and would seriously consider it if there is a movement from enough of us.

I know it’s not great for our club to not have members but how else do we get our message across.

gonz

Juniors
WOW, we have all been shafted. 1 Kogarah game until July. 2 night games in the dead of Winter and in origin period when the real NRL goes on holiday.

Is there a planned boycott of membership? I?m 6 years in and would seriously consider it if there is a movement from enough of us.

I know it?s not great for our club to not have members but how else do we get our message across.

I don't know roo but I'm Devo at how this club is travelling.
You can't pay your ground fees at a local suburban
Ground so what you do is sell the clubs sole?

Rexxy

Coach
the trick is not to renew until the death.

When they ring you up, which they will - let them have it.

gonz

Juniors
Ps:Our spiritual home is well and truly dead,.there is no incentive to go there I think the manly game is a Monday night game,CEO doust has buried Kogarah.

TruSaint

Referee
Its short term gain, for long term loss.
What do they want? A permanent home ground at Homebush?
Average crowd 12k in a stadium that takes 80k?
Pissing off all the loyal supporters, mind you from both regions?
Have a look at the packages available now..
Its a farce.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
the trick is not to renew until the death.

When they ring you up, which they will - let them have it.
You mean act like customers?

Tell 'em they're dreaming. I wouldn't buy a season ticket from this mob.

Is there a planned boycott of membership? I?m 6 years in and would seriously consider it if there is a movement from enough of us.

I know it?s not great for our club to not have members but how else do we get our message across.
I'll just be buying tix for Kogarah games that I can get to. The way the club are doing this, it should be pretty easy to sit just about anywhere once the tix go on sale.

That will mean no season membership - and quite frankly I'm comfortable with that. It's not like you gain any real benefit from it.

There's no logic to the club's 'direction' on this. When we returned to Kogarah the ground was packed for ages afterwards, the main complaint was that people couldn't get in. Since then the club and the NRL have slowly pulled the rug out out from underneath it, forcing fans to go to these neutral venues while our home gets shafted by poor administration and scheduling.

As a result of this, our crowd numbers have been dropping - and the solution? Play even more games further away from home, thereby further undermining our supporter base. It defies logic.

TruSaint

Referee

There's no logic to the club's 'direction' on this. When we returned to Kogarah the ground was packed for ages afterwards, the main complaint was that people couldn't get in. Since then the club and the NRL have slowly pulled the rug out out from underneath it, forcing fans to go to these neutral venues while our home gets shafted by poor administration and scheduling.

Painful but true...

Roo...

Juniors
I actually feel sick watching our club be set up to relocate or merge. Play crap games at Kogarah, crowds dwindle and then we'll be told we need to relocate to survive.

Any red v member who is thinking they will attend the bulldogs home game away should reconsider. That is the game to boycott, all of us.

TruSaint

Referee
You can tell by the website, the marketing division is now playing the history card (which I dont mind), but its out of desperation.

Pictures of Raper, Langlands, Proven, Timmo, and I think Walford.

Add the new boys, Duges, Widdop and of course Dell.

Looks great, should have touched a historical nerve many years ago.
Now its clearly out of fear and backlash.

Shameful.

gonz

Juniors
You can tell by the website, the marketing division is now playing the history card (which I dont mind), but its out of desperation.

Pictures of Raper, Langlands, Proven, Timmo, and I think Walford.

Add the new boys, Duges, Widdop and of course Dell.

Looks great, should have touched a historical nerve many years ago.
Now its clearly out of fear and backlash.

Shameful.

Mate also out of desperation that he can't pay rent on a
suburban ground ! Despite coming off 3 good yrs

Father Ted

First Grade
Just like that weasel Geoff Carr taking all the saturday arvo games before the proposed easts merger. Run down the crowds, run down the attention, slowly slip out the backdoor like a cowardly mutt.

He and Danny plotted to get the Dragons out of the area as far back at the 80s.

Those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Tell 'em they're dreaming. I wouldn't buy a season ticket from this mob.
I'll just be buying tix for Kogarah games that I can get to. The way the club are doing this, it should be pretty easy to sit just about anywhere once the tix go on sale.

That will mean no season membership - and quite frankly I'm comfortable with that. It's not like you gain any real benefit from it.

As a result of this, our crowd numbers have been dropping - and the solution? Play even more games further away from home, thereby further undermining our supporter base. It defies logic.

I'd like to get the four games at Kogarah thing with you and Rexxy et al , Might even get one each for the daughters as well but if that's not possible i will vent my unhappiness with the club and boycott the year.

TruSaint

Referee
Those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

I'd like to get the four games at Kogarah thing with you and Rexxy et al , Might even get one each for the daughters as well but if that's not possible i will vent my unhappiness with the club and boycott the year.

Your coming to Kogarah. Period. :D

gonz

Juniors
Your point is ?

Point is how are we in this position since Wayne left finacially,
We should've been killing it, 2 years later we can't pay
Rent on a local ground, so cause his stuffed up the finances
his gone and sold our games to get himself out if this
Financial predicament.

That's what I believe.

FlameThrower

Bench
Teams they play twice: Tigers, Warriors, Sharks, Broncos, Rabbitohs, Storm, Panthers, Titans, Roosters

Friday night games (1-20): 2

Saturday games (1-20): 8

Sunday games (1-20): 4

Monday games (1-20): 4

Summary: Season starts with a Sunday afternoon clash with the Tigers at Allianz. It gets tougher after that with Warriors at Eden Park followed by Sharks, Broncos, Rabbitohs and Storm in their first six rounds. Last two rounds away from home against Broncos and Knights. The former powerhouse's sliding fortunes reflected in only two Friday night games. Byes in round 11 and 18.

Extract from daily telegraph...." Former powerhouse" agreed!

mickeylane

Bench
horror draw!!
i predict 3 wins from first 9 games ...I dont get selling off the games to ANZ but I guess Doust thought our home game advantage last year was non existent so we might as well cash in on the $200,000 per game we are getting from the stadium ..

btw Dugan looks menacing w the extra 5kgs

Latest posts