What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Accept Criticism & Begin Work On 2017

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Just got my red V renewal for 2017 email. Hopefully they get a deluge of emails with a similar reply to mine, which was along the lines of ask me again when Mc Gregor's gone.

That was more or less my response as well. Once the clubs starts giving a crap about it's fans come talk to me.

I also asked for clarification of why they think Mary will make a great NRL coach? I am curiouls as all the fans, the so called professionals in the media and anyone else that follows the game can't see Mary ever being a good coach except them. Are these the same people that thought Price, Terry Lamb, Langmack, Coleman etc were good coaches as well?

I also educated them in how memberships work. It works both ways, we give the club money and pledge our support to help them make the club successful and the club in return provides us fans some respect back and show that theyare actually trying to be successful by at least learning from past mistakes and rectifying any issues so that the club can go forward. and not be ignorant. Saying they listen to us and accepted all our criticism then say Mary is coach in 2017 I saw as a huge insult to the fans.

Don't worry, the critics will tip us to come last and when we finish 15th it will be a good achievement according to Mary and our board will agree as they did this year.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Just got my red V renewal for 2017 email. Hopefully they get a deluge of emails with a similar reply to mine, which was along the lines of ask me again when Mc Gregor's gone.
Good afternoon,

I am sure the membership team has received many similar emails, but it is with my deepest regret that I will not renewing my membership this year due to the inadequate response to both our on field and off field performance. I may reconsider if some accountability is shown in the coming weeks, ie. Our current head coach is removed from that position, but at this stage I will withholding my money from the club. I would greatly appreciate it if my message could be conveyed to our management team.

Kind regards

BrissyRedV

Bench
Good afternoon,

I am sure the membership team has received many similar emails, but it is with my deepest regret that I will not renewing my membership this year due to the inadequate response to both our on field and off field performance. I may reconsider if some accountability is shown in the coming weeks, ie. Our current head coach is removed from that position, but at this stage I will withholding my money from the club. I would greatly appreciate it if my message could be conveyed to our management team.

Kind regards
I just received this in reply:
Hi Leigh,

Thank you for your email. I have passed on your feedback to management.

Kind regards,

Anna Barwell

Membership and Customer Service Coordinator
St George Illawarra Dragons

Last edited:

Exsilium

First Grade
I am surprised this hasn't gained more media coverage or momentum in the NRL circles. Having said that I don't think you'll get any useful response to any of this from the dragons management anyway.

BrissyRedV

Bench
I am surprised this hasn't gained more media coverage or momentum in the NRL circles. Having said that I don't think you'll get any useful response to any of this from the dragons management anyway.
Our management are experts at the timings for announcements.