What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons and the bye

I'm was in two minds about this a while ago, but after the draw & performances they've had over the last month I tend to think they need the bye to regroup.

We can't worry about for and against as that is largely out of our hands now. And even if we finish fourth (a high possibility) I would still say that the bye is more of a blessing to us going into the semis than playing (possibly) 8 games in a row of semi-final intensity leading up to a (possible) GF.

We will refocus.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'm a big Andrew Johns fan but I have to say that some of the worship that goes on is a tad over the top sometimes.

Good on him, he deserves the Dally M for what he's done since coming back. But the 'one man team' mentality is what got Newcastle into a hole in the first place.

Nugby

Juniors
We're going to end up in 3rd place. Thank you Bulldogs. Parra and the tigers will win week one, so we'll end up playing the Sharks week 1, then Broncos week 2 if we win and they lose during week 1.

God-King Dean

Immortal
UndertakerMike said:
The Bye won't help the Dragons at all.

If your team was in this situation, you'd choose not to have a weeks rest before the finals, with a garenteed 2 points? :? I think not.

Feelin Honby said:
If the Dragons miss out on a top 2 finish on for and against we can thank the dogs for their efforts in the last 2 weeks

We can thank our form is the first month of the season for that

Darth Bobo

OK, seen plenty of posts addressing thier regular season bye and the needed break but the other point in the first post was also asking about a possible 1 or 2 finish and getting a second break in the finals.

Taking into account that the Dragons will stay focused after thier bye how will a second week off soon after affect them? Would you want that second week off?

Personally I'd like my team to have the bye and then keep playing and keep the momentum going, also less time to stop and think about what is at stake and have the pressure build.

Hutty1986

Immortal
The Bye has come at a perfect time for us

Hopefully Coops will be back for the big Newcastle showdown.

The Dragons will come out refreshed and firing on all cylinders

Albinomonkey

Juniors
this bye will help, but like the first poster said, maybe having a week off in the finals won't be a good thing. we'll just have to wait and see.

Enoughsaid

Juniors
Enoughsaid said:
Dragons have the bye in round 25
They play Knights in round 26
And if they finish 1st or 2nd and WIN in week one of the semis
they are looking at another week off...

Does'nt sound like an ideal run in ....will they stay focused?

Scratchy against Newcastle... ordinary Against the sharks
and they have another week off coming up...

I know they won... but the first bye and now with another week off ...
they have gone from playing hard footy to playing no footy at all

Saint 60

Juniors
apart from long term injuries...with the time off they are pretty much non existant..

and weve just had 25 odd weeks of footy....np for a while id say :)

Enoughsaid

Juniors
if the tigers get even share of ball ..
i can see st george running out of gas with the lack of football in the last month

Enoughsaid

Juniors
I don't wanna say it to u so called St George Illawarra EXPERTS ....
...BUT I TOLD U SO Back on the 22nd of Ausgust ..
u all said u needed the bye..cause u had a tough month of footy going to Queensland twice..in the end...HARD FOOTBALL NEVER HURT ANYBODY

MrSharky

Juniors
Looks like the Drag-queens were the bye! :lol: :lol:

icon6.gif

Enoughsaid

Juniors
Who's getting angry?

Anyway ...
dragons can go and park the bandwagons away for another year

or they can sell them cheap to the west tigers

hahahahahahahaha

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Enoughsaid said:
I don't wanna say it
Yes you do.
Enoughsaid said:
to u so called St George Illawarra EXPERTS ....
So presumably that makes you a real St George Illawarra 'EXPERT'.
Enoughsaid said:
...BUT I TOLD U SO Back on the 22nd of Ausgust ..
lol, we'll buy you a package of peanuts as a reward.
Enoughsaid said:
u all said u needed the bye..cause u had a tough month of footy going to Queensland twice..in the end...HARD FOOTBALL NEVER HURT ANYBODY
You're easily turned on.
You're boasting on a false pretence. Your claim that 'all' said the bye was needed didnt apply to the Finals.

innsaneink

Referee
Didnt pan out how I thought it would.

2 games in 34 days, I thought we'd run over the top of saints in the last twenty if we were within striking distance or had our nose in front.

Dragons just kept coming though, full marks to their defence...had us running crossfield many times.

Latest posts