What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons are Gorrrrnnnn

dragonfly said:
Gday

It has been a long time since i have posted (mid last year). And things really have not changed. We cannot write off the season in the middle of May.

Forget about the rest. We lost Bailey and Thompson in one foul swoop. Look at what their weekly contributions are. Someone in the team now has to make 90 tackles and 50 hit ups to cover them. Thats a big hole. The players filling those holes are not going to reach those stats with the same quality straight away.

The injuries to our attacking players can be dealt with. Why do we have to try and score 40 points. With a good goal kicker (which we have) points will come as there are not too many disciplined teams in the comp. Work hard in defense and we will come out with a reasonable win percentage while waiting for the injuries to heal, enough to keep us in contention.

I am a firm believer that defense wins games. And when the chips are down and you are missing some of your "stars" (a term i use loosely) you have just got to tackle and tackle and then tackle again.

just a thought

Exactly right. Defense is a great starting point for young blokes to learn when they come into first grade. If you can get the young guys playing to a certain defensive pattern and ingrain it through the club you are on your way. The rest follows on from it.

Rexxy

Coach
Chook said:
No I said if YOU don't like what I write than YOU can get f***ed as YOU are the only one whinning about it.

Do you understand now or do I have to explain it to you again?

Chook.

I understand.

The thread is entitled Dragons are Gooone and there's some dancing idiot in a chicken suit throwing a hissy and telling everyone he has a right to be here and if i dont like his off topic posts i can f**k off.

is that correct, Mr http://subservientchicken.com/ ? I thing you've flown too high and your wings, toilet roll beak and rubber plunger headwear have failed to shield you from the sun.

Back on topic. Although junior being blooded in first grade is desirable, it plays havoc with the NRL and PL salary cap.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Stgillaman said:
EdBurton said:
how much longer are Barrett and Thompson out for?
I thought Barrett was due back this week....

Thompsonoa week or 2 yet, and Barrett another 5
Thompsonoa? Is he your new Samoan import?

Jill, even if our most important players dont stay fit i can assure you the team wont fold like peahearts which is what Illawarra did on the weekend.

choc_soldier

Coach
I just had a look at the Premier League table, and the Dragons are coming second. I know it's a bit of a leap, but I'd imagine that a few of these players have had first grade experience, and will definitely not feel that out of depth.

I feel that they will be very competitive on Friday night.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Tommy Smith said:
Stgillaman said:
EdBurton said:
how much longer are Barrett and Thompson out for?
I thought Barrett was due back this week....

Thompsonoa week or 2 yet, and Barrett another 5
Thompsonoa? Is he your new Samoan import?

Jill, even if our most important players dont stay fit i can assure you the team wont fold like peahearts which is what Illawarra did on the weekend.

Saints scored 2 tries at the end of the game, and the Kids where trying all game. No one gave in Tommy. It's easy for people likeyourself to say shit like that, yet all it proves is, is that your either to one eyed, or your knowledge of the game is so limited, that your opinions are laugable.

Whichever the problem. Have a look at how your team folded in last years GF.

Mini 4 Dropped balls, Finch 3 Dropped Balls, Chris Wanker 4 dropped balls.

8)

nqboy

First Grade
Rex said:
Any team missing the likes of Cooper, Blacklock, Timmo, Ryles, Bailey, Barrett, Gasnier, Thompson Kite, Pig etc, is going to do it tough.

And we've got them in a couple of weeks :D

Seriously though, I bet $100 against a Dragon mate of mine against them being in the top 4 after the premiership rounds and it was on the basis of their ongoing injury woes - you can bet Gasnier, Timmins, Barrett and Ryles are going to miss a lot of footy, Bailey, Thompson and the rest are just a bonus for me.

Latest posts