What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons cashed up

Gareth67

First Grade
That next coach you refer to will be here before the season starts.
The rumblings around footy club land (and maybe just wishful thinking) is that Mary wont be here that long. But he wont be sacked that is for sure and certain.

Perhaps another Trent Barrett scenario - new coach takes over team , but previous coach ( Mary) remains at club until his contract expires or walks .

Of course the big question mark that hovers over this is how can they pay for a new coach and the maestro wages as well ?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Exactly, so how can our govt demonise and kill people of a certain nation and then expect the public to welcome them. As long as we send people to war, there will always be racism and hatred and the do gooders that say open the gates haven't been touched.
Apologies in advance for any grammer or spelling errors.
There is, and should be, a clear definition between the people we may be at war with and those from the same country who are fleeing for their own safety.

A lot of the time refugees are not leaving the country not because they fear getting bombed by an enemy, but due to the risk of death or persecution if they stay by those we are fighting against..

Essentially they’re on our side.

41yearsaint

Juniors
There is, and should be, a clear definition between the people we may be at war with and those from the same country who are fleeing for their own safety.

A lot of the time refugees are not leaving the country not because they fear getting bombed by an enemy, but due to the risk of death or persecution if they stay by those we are fighting against..

Essentially they’re on our side.
The ratio of males/females and children are very lopsided. These able men are leaving there country and responsibilities behind. Cowardice scum and Australia should not accomodate them.
I've had my say on the off topic. Goodnight and god help the Dragons.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The ratio of males/females and children are very lopsided. These able men are leaving there country and responsibilities behind. Cowardice scum and Australia should not accomodate them.
I've had my say on the off topic. Goodnight and god help the Dragons.
Wowsers... That’s a controversial view..

So you wouldn’t leave your country if you were at risk of being imprisoned or killed for your religious or political views?

merahputih

Juniors
Perhaps another Trent Barrett scenario - new coach takes over team , but previous coach ( Mary) remains at club until his contract expires or walks .

Of course the big question mark that hovers over this is how can they pay for a new coach and the maestro wages as well ?
Barrett was reportedly put on "gardening leave" to see out his term. They should just put McG. on " painting leave".

denis preston

First Grade
Dont discount Matt Head coaching 1st grade until Flanno can take over. :oops:
Ssshhh maybe I should not put the cart before the horse. ;)
Love a good rumor, thats what this forum is all about !
I'd say that Gould's review , whilst the coaching role wasn't on the agenda ,uncovered plenty of skeletons directly related back to the coach. The staff sacked would not have gone quietly and surely not all players toed the coaches line ( particularly when given the cone of silence to be honest & frank ) . Whilst we all know the scourge Mary has been to the whole clubs being , the dimwitted board have finally got the message and not even Gordon can keep his mate in a job. Further discussions with Flanagan & his assistant's initial observations when they start will show them how stupid it was to resign him and it is now a untenable situation. If Mary lasts more than half the season i would say they haven't learnt anything.

SBD82

Coach
Wowsers... That’s a controversial view..

So you wouldn’t leave your country if you were at risk of being imprisoned or killed for your religious or political views?
Bogans:

“Straya... if ya don’t like it, leave”.

Also, “people who leave their war torn countries are cowards”.

Old Timer

Coach
Love a good rumor, thats what this forum is all about !
I'd say that Gould's review , whilst the coaching role wasn't on the agenda ,uncovered plenty of skeletons directly related back to the coach. The staff sacked would not have gone quietly and surely not all players toed the coaches line ( particularly when given the cone of silence to be honest & frank ) . Whilst we all know the scourge Mary has been to the whole clubs being , the dimwitted board have finally got the message and not even Gordon can keep his mate in a job. Further discussions with Flanagan & his assistant's initial observations when they start will show them how stupid it was to resign him and it is now a untenable situation. If Mary lasts more than half the season i would say they haven't learnt anything.
They haven't learnt anything in 6 years so little to no likelihood they will learn anything in this next year.
In fact they already know the truth but have no gumption to make a decision that would please the fan base.
IMO Flanagan will not last as long as Mc Fookknuckle.

merahputih

Juniors
Bogans:

“Straya... if ya don’t like it, leave”.

Also, “people who leave their war torn countries are cowards”.
This is my final word on this 'topic': Before anyone takes the high road on people fleeing war zones, a bit of history might be useful, particularly events surrounding the Fall of Singapore and the Bombing of Darwin during World War 2:
The Singapore surrender to the Japanese forces by British and Australian forces is well documented and stories of desertion and cowardice (and just plain incompetence by command) by both Allied armies in the face of the Japanese attack have been proven. Similarly, when Darwin was bombed around the same time there was widespread panic, looting and desertion by both civilian and military personnel immediately after the attack . This news, as well as the Singapore events were never revealed until well after the war under secrecy provisions.
I lived and worked in Darwin years ago and met a few old residents who had gone through this period and they confirmed the events.
I can't be sure how I would have behaved facing what those people had to deal with, and I don't think anyone who hasn't been in a similar situation can honestly sit in judgement.

getsmarty

Immortal
Barrett was reportedly put on "gardening leave" to see out his term. They should just put McG. on " painting leave".

1a01cfbf5b81663531818cf4dc95b844