What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons chase Jarryd Hayne

chiefy1

Juniors
According to today's Telegraph, the Dragons are in talks with Jarryd Hayne for the 2019 season and beyond

Fangs

Coach
Would be a good signing. Had a great second half of 2018 and the current Dragons backline is an issue.

The Hayne play will soar under Mary McGregor.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Watched him closely in 2018 and he was clearly a step up from his titans stint, and is an easy improvement on our current centres (as well as a great wing/fullback)

He comes much cheaper this year than he did a few years ago.

A spine of Hayne/Widdop/Hunt/McInnes could be VERY dangerous

Belta

Juniors
Interesting rumour. Still a very talented footballer. I could see him and Lomax being a excellent center pairing. The biggest concern would be his price tag. He hasn’t shown enough in the last two seasons to attract big offers and surely the dragons won’t fork out another huge fee for a ‘star’ player. Would he be worth the hefty price tag? I’d say no. I’d say ask the Titans and Eels whether he was good value. My guess is they say he definitely wasn’t.

Red V for life

Juniors
Shit...I was really hoping we were chasing Holmes, not Hayne.

The biggest concern for me is his reported lacklustre attitude to training and what impact that has on the team culture.

I just can’t imagine Jammer doing extras and Hayne picking and choosing what he’ll do will create good vibes.

Fire

First Grade
Parramatta always help us out.

Got rid of Price for us.

Hayne will now get rid of McGregor.

Shame all this happens in our Premiership window, though.

2019: Mary sacked.
2020: Dean Young's first full year.
2021: Maybe the start of another Premiership window.

Awesome...

Dragsters

First Grade
He's been quite the enigma since his return from NFL.

He is worth the gamble because of whet he is capable of but the big question is will he produce?

Certainly SHOULD be easier for him to produce his best behind a quality pack and outside of quality halves, whether in the centres, fullback or even on the wing.

This uncertainty must come with a value price tag.

I would estimate 500k per season for 2 years max...

Brutalitops

Juniors
Interesting rumour. Still a very talented footballer. I could see him and Lomax being a excellent center pairing. The biggest concern would be his price tag. He hasn’t shown enough in the last two seasons to attract big offers and surely the dragons won’t fork out another huge fee for a ‘star’ player. Would he be worth the hefty price tag? I’d say no. I’d say ask the Titans and Eels whether he was good value. My guess is they say he definitely wasn’t.
It's repeatedly been mentioned his price tag is not going to be much. He's already on under 500k at the eels and he will take another pay cut next year.

For that price it's an easy yes for me

Frank Facer

First Grade
He's been quite the enigma since his return from NFL.

He is worth the gamble because of whet he is capable of but the big question is will he produce?

Certainly SHOULD be easier for him to produce his best behind a quality pack and outside of quality halves, whether in the centres, fullback or even on the wing.

This uncertainty must come with a value price tag.

I would estimate 500k per season for 2 years max...
That is overs

Latest posts