What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Departures - Sad News

I have it on very good authority that the slimy Dogs have poached Beau Henry and are in the midst of future raids for Stanley and Merrin. If Doust loses them, he certainly has lost me. Utter disgrace.

petetheileet

First Grade
id like to keep all three but i think Henry is as good as gone

Stanley can at least bide his time as a utility back on the bench or in the centres, Beau will be waiting a very long time if he stays with us!

I cant believe we are going to keep that hack Hornby. I nearly choked on my food reading our coach make one of his rare blunders stating that Hornby reminds him of Lockyer. Please. We will regret the decision in Henry, he is ten times more likely to be as good as Lockyer than a coach's favourite in Hornby. Worse still is that he is heading to Lakemba Puppies.

Red Bear

Referee
id like to keep all three but i think Henry is as good as gone

Stanley can at least bide his time as a utility back on the bench or in the centres, Beau will be waiting a very long time if he stays with us!
I would've thought Henry wouldnt be that far off, Hornby is off contract after this season and AFAIK hasnt resigned?

They are extending Hornby's contract. Soward aint going anywhere. I cant blame the kid. If he has been offered a starting gig or at least a bench spot i would go too. Apparently the lure is to be under the wing of Kimmorley and then take over the reins in 2012. Unless there are injuries I cant see Beau playing full time for us until 2013 - 2014. It looks like we have lost an absolute gem and a player that could take us that step we need to a title. At Brisbane, Benny had always the playmaker/ gamebreaker. Sowie is a gun but struggles in the structure of the game. Hornby is there for that role but he is a hack. FMD Doust wake up.

RedVee

First Grade
I cant believe we are going to keep that hack Hornby. I nearly choked on my food reading our coach make one of his rare blunders stating that Hornby reminds him of Lockyer. Please. We will regret the decision in Henry, he is ten times more likely to be as good as Lockyer than a coach's favourite in Hornby. Worse still is that he is heading to Lakemba Puppies.

The haircuts are becoming similar.

Saintliness

Juniors
We should encourage Ben to finish up in the ESL and keep young Henry. Henry, Stanley and Merrin are the future.

Seriously Ben is running on old legs. I can't believe he announced he was retiring from rep duty. That was about as significant as Craig McLachlan announcing a Greatest Hits album.

MEMO to management sign up Henry and Merrin now and get Josh Morris back too.

Quigs

Immortal
I reckon you should get rid of Big Pat, Preacher, Big Norm and Gregstar.

Make a big play for Da Supa... he is definately a keeper.

Cheers
Quigs

pixi

Juniors
You all know i'm a big supporter of Merrin we can't let him leave, a big wrap on him in todays Mercury about how great he played against Newtown on the weekend 37 tackles and 20 hitups and playing the full 80 minutes. I was at the game it was not an easy one. Ran into Kane Linnet at the game he told me out of the 4 games they have played shellharbour dragons would have had to be one of the hardest. I'll be devastated if we lose him.

You all know i'm a big supporter of Merrin we can't let him leave, a big wrap on him in todays Mercury about how great he played against Newtown on the weekend 37 tackles and 20 hitups and playing the full 80 minutes. I was at the game it was not an easy one. Ran into Kane Linnet at the game he told me out of the 4 games they have played shellharbour dragons would have had to be one of the hardest. I'll be devastated if we lose him.

Pixi, he is probably gone. Lakemba have massive problems in the forwards and are prepared to pay massive overs. FMD.

thommo4pm

Coach
I still think Thomas Hancock is the pick of our young props coming through. I'll be more upset if we lose him.

trudge

Bench
Forget Henry, it's all about Stanley. Size, speed, skill.

Next year he will be our gamebreaker at 6.
Sowie will shift to 7 (forcing him into the game).
Hornby will shift to hooker with Fien.

May even happen this year. If Mortimer could play semis...

j0nesy

Bench
We should encourage Ben to finish up in the ESL and keep young Henry. Henry, Stanley and Merrin are the future.

Seriously Ben is running on old legs. I can't believe he announced he was retiring from rep duty. That was about as significant as Craig McLachlan announcing a Greatest Hits album.

MEMO to management sign up Henry and Merrin now and get Josh Morris back too.

Yes, our reserve graders and Toyota cup players are standouts in the Dogs first grade team. Initally they stand head and shoulders above their team mates. But then after a couple of season it all tends to go downhill for them. The "family" club slowly kills off any potential they may have had. Before long their career is over. It would be a bad career move for any young Dragon's player to go there, wouldn't you agree?

Ulysseus

Bench
Craig-McLachlan--Check-1-Amanda-104691.jpg

this thread is a complete abortion i wont believe anything till i see a press conference confirming this hideous truth...

Latest posts