What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Final 8 Games 2021

Crush

Coach
So does Hook now rest the remaining suspended players for the Souths game so that we can have a crack at RAIDERS with a full strength team?
I hope so. Bet he doesn’t though.

Dragon David

First Grade
I just hope that whoever is in charge of the football operations has a positive agenda of what is required to turn this club around 720 degrees. Is it the coaches? Is it the players? Is it a combination of both? What do we need to do to provide a successful product to keep members, fans, sponsors, football club, etc? How do we get the better players to "willingly" and wanting to join the club?
Hook and Co may not be the right coaches for this struggling club, but who are there who can turn us around? Bennett, Bellamy, Robinson won't come. Fitzy didn't want to nor Shaun Wane. McGregor loved to coach us but we all know how he turned out and Dean Young hasn't got the runs on the board.

Shane Flanagan was with us for a short stint but I think he knows how hard it is to be a coach at the Dragons.

It doesn't leave much really and then we have the problems of the players current and futuristic. The current crop to me are more reserve grade quality nearly right across the field with only a couple who could maintain regular first grade games at other clubs. The future ones such as Molo, Sua, Burgess(?) could be OK but Burgess we are not too sure about after being out for a while and recovering from hip surgery which is a major operation. We can see how Molo and Sua are playing for the Cowboys and Bunnies and they look OK.

The juniors have potential but little game time to date to fully assess their true abilities. Sloan is the pick so far.

So Hook and Co have a year to run on their contracts after this year. Any extension will be subject to a much improved effort in the last 6 games of this year, win, lose or draw followed by a much better performance in at least the first half of the 2022 season with no fades at the back end like we have been doing for the past x years.

Dragon David

First Grade
So does Hook now rest the remaining suspended players for the Souths game so that we can have a crack at RAIDERS with a full strength team?
I hope so. Bet he doesn’t though.
Hook should rest the remaining suspended players so that we have a full team for the Raiders clash. We wont win against Souths even with a full strength team, but we could be a better chance against the Raiders who will be tough to beat anyway to reverse the loss against us earlier and I think that was the last game Rava played and we won. Rava will be returning either for round 19 or 20 - not sure? but should be available for the Raiders game if not suspended again.

Mjab

Juniors
We can’t beat the rabbits so rest all remaining players for that game so we at least have a crack at raiders
who cares where players play just put 17 out there
otherwise lose all remaining games IMO

thebigredv

First Grade
We pin our hopes on what we see in a 4 week winning streak.

Meanwhile we undergo a 5 week losing streak just like that with the Rooster to come next week.

4 from last 16 and Norman first picked next week. We haven't gone forward at all.

Dragon David

First Grade

Meanwhile we undergo a 5 week losing streak just like that with the Rooster to come next week.

4 from last 16 and Norman first picked next week. We haven't gone forward at all.
The guy from Foxsports is looking good with his prediction that we would not make the top 8 and finish on 18 points. Aah the ignominy of it all. I wonder what the BOD will be addressing at the end of year teas and bikkies meeting with all of the so called leaders of the pack.

The opening address will be -
"Well guys, here we are again. We didn't get the wooden spoon but alas, there is always next year".

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
The guy from Foxsports is looking good with his prediction that we would not make the top 8 and finish on 18 points. Aah the ignominy of it all. I wonder what the BOD will be addressing at the end of year teas and bikkies meeting with all of the so called leaders of the pack.

The opening address will be -
"Well guys, here we are again. We didn't get the wooden spoon but alas, there is always next year".
Probably get Gould in again for another end of season revue....the last one worked wonders

BBTB

Juniors

Surely now it's time for Amone......to 5/8.

Coffs dragon

Bench
For once I believe the media is right and we’ll struggle to win one game, especially with Norman as our dead weight.

Post Origin is typically our decline period as the burnt out plodders lose their pop gun power game.
Apart from some Dufty & Rava brilliance, we look like a team that never gets past 2nd gear.
We’ll that was an easy prediction back in mid July….

Now I’m confident we won’t win 1 single game!