What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons have lost ability to win: Price

TruSaint

Referee
Beleaguered St George Illawarra coach Steve Price concedes his side has lost the ability to win NRL games after the joint venture side established a new club record losing streak.

The Dragons 26-22 loss on Monday to Parramatta, the only club below them on the ladder, was the latest in a series of crushing blows for the proud club.

It was a sixth straight defeat and their ninth in their last ten games.

"We're in a tough spot at the moment, we're in a bit of a flat spot," Price said.

"We've lost our way to winning at the moment. It is hard to take at he moment.

"We just can't put it together for the full term.'

With an extensive injury list including NSW Origin stars Josh Dugan and Trent Merrin, Price has been forced to blood youngsters prematurely.
Despite the wretched results, Price is adamant it is a case of short term pain for long term gain.

"We've got a lot of young guys that have been thrust into first grade who most probably weren't quite ready at that time," Price said.
"But they are going to reap dividends down the track, especially next year.
"But we're learning a valuable lesson at the moment. It is hard.

Captain Ben Creagh identified a depressingly familiar theme after the Dragons surrendered a 12-0 lead on Monday.
"It was just disappointing how we finished off the first half and I know we fought back there in the second half, but it was too late," forward Creagh said.

"There have been a lot of games this season that have been very similar to that, and a lot of the same things keep popping up.

"Whether it's ill-discipline or things that are just hurting us during the game and we're not responding well enough to that."

Creagh even admitted the Dragons were guilty of the cardinal sin of taking their foot of the pedal following their blistering start.

"I'd like to say 'no we didn't,' but we must have because they came back," Creagh said.

http://www.nrl.com/dragons-have-lost-ability-to-win-price/tabid/10874/newsid/74420/default.aspx

Last edited:
There is nothing he can possibly say anymore.

In every chapter of this dispicable saga, actions speak louder than words.

Poor ol' Steve Price can get neither right.

He was not the right man for the Job, and he still isn't.

The board made a mistake by re-appointing him.

They need to fix it - without delay.

TruSaint

Referee
At the moment? LOL
Substitute "for the past 2 and a half seasons" for "at the moment" and it becomes a statement with a touch of truth about it.

Drain,
Best line was " we are in a bit of a flat spot at the moment.
HELLOOOOO, we lost 9 of our last 10 games.

TheRev

First Grade
3 Crushing losses before that (well played but very fortunate) win against the bunnies, imagine 10 losses straight lol.

But in any case the records broken this year by Stevie Price's Dragons is astonishing, it is actually nice though to see him admit atleast that he has nfi how to win a football game.

Wonder which Warriors side we will see next week?

Bongdragon

Juniors
You know, I have read time and again from this forum that people say Steve Price is insane as insanity is defined by doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Well, to hell with that! I say we the Dragons fans are the most insane. We complain every week that we are losing when in fact we should KNOW that the outcome will be a loss regardless of what happens if Steve Price is the coach!

Elias1983

Coach
"We've got a lot of young guys that have been thrust into first grade who most probably weren't quite ready at that time," Price said.

Yep, Agreed Price.

Guys like, Drinkwater, Quinlan, Garvey and co will be better next year because there will be a new coach who is competent enough to coach them!

FFs this bloke is pathetic.

hewi

Bench
I think the loses against the Tiges and Parra indicate that the players have lost faith in Price. If that is the case then he will be tapped on the shoulder after the inevitable loss next week to the Warriors. I hope.

3 Crushing losses before that (well played but very fortunate) win against the bunnies, imagine 10 losses straight lol.

But in any case the records broken this year by Stevie Price's Dragons is astonishing, it is actually nice though to see him admit atleast that he has nfi how to win a football game.

Wonder which Warriors side we will see next week?

The bad Warriors will beat us.
The good Warriors will belt us.

I find it astonishing that amidst the numerous opportunities to Motivate the side, whether it was to claw their way into the top 8, or Anzac day, or their last chance to make the finals, or break a hoodoo, or win a local deby, or give a St.George great Player a send off, or 'bounce back' after so many embarassing losses, especially at home

...Steve Price was unable to successfully motivate his men to convert one of them in to a win.

The Cobra

Juniors
With the way teams just march up field making 60-80 metres per set can you imagine what the giant Warriors forwards & backs for that matter are going to do against us.Oh f**k!!!!!!!!

inside_pass

Bench
Captain Ben Creagh identified a depressingly familiar theme after the Dragons surrendered a 12-0 lead on Monday.
"It was just disappointing how we finished off the first half and I know we fought back there in the second half, but it was too late," forward Creagh said.

"There have been a lot of games this season that have been very similar to that, and a lot of the same things keep popping up.

http://www.nrl.com/dragons-have-lost-ability-to-win-price/tabid/10874/newsid/74420/default.aspx
Creagh whining how they finished off the first half?
He was the wanker that gave two penalties away that both led to eel's tries!
Dumb player,dumb captain............and he's been doing it all season!!!!

Old_Timer

Juniors
Still any concession from Coach Price that things are not quite as they should be in our club, would be seen by a therapist as a breakthrough. Perhaps this was his watershed moment!

The Mighty

Juniors

Yep, Agreed Price.

Guys like, Drinkwater, Quinlan, Garvey and co will be better next year because there will be a new coach who is competent enough to coach them!

FFs this bloke is pathetic.
where is the like button

Creagh whining how they finished off the first half?
He was the wanker that gave two penalties away that both led to eel's tries!
Dumb player,dumb captain............and he's been doing it all season!!!!

...and his lamenting that is a sign of honesty, and I admire that because honesty gives hope.

Good for you Ben Creagh.

It just would have been nice if significant other 'leaders' in the Club displayed the Courage to address such faults in the games of individuals much, much earlier on in this season and last, instead of deluding them by congratulating them by their effort all the time.

Just like somebody higher up needed to do the same to the Coach and challenge him and say "Mate, this is not good enough" ...and not reward him with a contract Extension.

Congratulating Players mediocre efforts, like a contract Extension that was not yet earned, is poor leadership - and says all the wrong things. It's a false basis and makes motivating People near impossible.

That's why the Players are mentally so soft, and our Club as an Organisation, is demonstrating itself to be less and less effective compared to other Clubs in the NRL.

(btw- Inside-pass, i love your Avatar pic)

inside_pass

Bench
...and his lamenting that is a sign of honesty, and I admire that because honesty gives hope.

Good for you Ben Creagh.

It just would have been nice if significant other 'leaders' in the Club displayed the Courage to address such faults in the games of individuals much, much earlier on in this season and last, instead of deluding them by congratulating them by their effort all the time.

Just like somebody higher up needed to do the same to the Coach and challenge him and say "Mate, this is not good enough" ...and not reward him with a contract Extension.

Congratulating Players mediocre efforts, like a contract Extension that was not yet earned, is poor leadership - and says all the wrong things. It's a false basis and makes motivating People near impossible.

That's why the Players are mentally so soft, and our Club as an Organisation, is demonstrating itself to be less and less effective compared to other Clubs in the NRL.

(btw- Inside-pass, i love your Avatar pic)
Keira Knightley.......my dreamgirl......lol.