What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons hope to bounce back in Brisbane

Mirrored from Jubilee avenue

http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/br...to-bounce-back-in-brisbane-20090914-fn18.html
fued
STEVE JANCETIC

September 14, 2009 - 12:09PM
St George Illawarra skipper Ben Hornby claims the only positive to come out of the Dragons' NRL qualifying final loss to Parramatta on Sunday was that the side came out of the game without any injury concerns.

The minor premiers went down 25-12 to the Eels on Sunday and now face a trip to Suncorp Stadium on Saturday night to face a Brisbane side which has won its past six matches.

Despite the oppressively hot conditions at WIN Jubilee Oval on Sunday, Hornby said the entire squad would be available for selection for the trip north.

"Most of the boys seem to pull up pretty well today - it doesn't seem to have had too much effect," Hornby said of the heat.

"We're all fit and healthy."

Hornby did however admit that the loss had taken some of the gloss off the minor premiership celebrations of a week earlier, which ironically came about as a result of a big win over the Eels in the final round of the regular season.

"It does (take away from the minor premiership), but that's all in the past now," he said.

"We've just got to worry about playing well this week.
"It's going to be good (going up to Suncorp Stadium), there's going to be a big crowd."

Asked what went wrong against the Eels, Hornby claimed the Dragons were simply outplayed.

"We just didn't take our opportunities," he said.

"We had a fair few opportunities in that first half and in the second half, but we couldn't take them and Parramatta were good enough to take theirs and they got the win."

big country

Juniors
good luck!! what ever it is that everyone says you guys got stuck down your throats you better pull it out by Sat!!

b.bear

Juniors
yeah im west tigers to the bone but,having grown up in the district I have considered the saints as my second team but for you guys to move forward i think YOUNG has to start from the bench.His passing game just does not cut it as was evident in the first 20 mins yesterday with bad service to outside runners culling potential tryscoring opps.fien has to start..

dragons by 14

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Asked what went wrong against the Eels, Hornby claimed the Dragons were simply outplayed.

"We just didn't take our opportunities," he said.

"We had a fair few opportunities in that first half and in the second half, but we couldn't take them and Parramatta were good enough to take theirs and they got the win."
Excuse me Ben but I didn't see you try to take them. We looked like Cronulla.

Eelectrica

Referee
For everyones sake, please bounce back. Put the Broncos in their place.
We'll never hear the end of it if they win.

I don't know if we can regroup or not, I always live in hope that we can win 3 games (seems harder come finals time doesn't it?) Still I would love Saints to claim a big scalp or two if we don't.

Fui!!!

Juniors
I hate to say it, but I want the Dragons to win aswell.

Imagine if both the Dragons and Dogs don't make the GF. Imagine the amount of Tickets that will be up for grabs on E-Bay.

silverex

Bench
I know history means nothing but we do have a good record at Suncorp.

Out of the last 8 times we've played there, we've lost 1...... source BSB this morning.

This must give the boys confidence. Anyway, it gives me confidence. I'm just sorry I can't make it up there.

Goddo

Bench
Dragons hope to bounce back in Brisbane
"hope, there is no hope. Do or do not" - Master Wayne to the boys

We will win this one.

I would so much love to be in Brisbane this weekend but I can't. I am wishing, hoping, crossing fingers & toes and praying to the footy Gods for a win on Saturday night.

If we win I will be in Melbourne for sure.

:pray::pray::pray:

I love my team but sometimes following the mighty mighty Saint George is a health hazard

j0nesy

Bench
I'm quietly confident that we'll win this one. The boys will fire up again. We need to go back to the formula that has got us this far and we'll be fine.

redvscotty

First Grade
I'm betting this will be close to game of the year. Broncos V Dragons at Suncorp is always a treat!