What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRAGONS JUNIORS THREAD

100% I cant wait to see the 2 SG teams sort of merged into Jersey Flegg.. not 100% sure who will miss out though, there will be a few very unlucky..
The Saints junior reps will dominate the forward pack, Latu, Loko Jr, Halangahu, Ackers, Tsgrannis, Stanley-Traill. May be a toss up for the backs, Steelers: Buchanan King-Togia, Reed. Any others? Saints: Williams, Kikanau, Peckham-Harris, Hammoud. Centre David Afu looks a prospect too. We have scouted well in Penrith...

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
The Saints juniors will dominate the forward pack, Latu, Loko Jr, Halangahu, Ackers, Tsgrannis, Stanley-Traill. Steelers most likely the backs, Buchanan King-Togia, Reed. Any others? Williams and Kikanau for Saints. Centre David Afu looks a prospect too..
Yah I think some kids will be really unlucky to miss out, if the Steelers end up finals bound also, you'd have to argue they are obviously not slouches in the forwards either.. someone mentioned there is an extra U19 dev competition that runs for those that miss out.

The Saints junior reps will dominate the forward pack, Latu, Loko Jr, Halangahu, Ackers, Tsgrannis, Stanley-Traill, Hutchinson. May be a toss up for the backs, Steelers: Buchanan, King-Togia, Reed, Rumble, Any others? Saints: Williams, Kikanau, Peckham-Harris, Hammoud. Centre David Afu looks a prospect too. We have scouted well in Penrith...
One glaring and concerning point about the above list is the lack of home grown St George players. I count only three, Tsgrannis, Ackers, Hammoud. Hearing there is now a major push to build the local junior base. Seems it is working with local juniors dominating our '24 Matt side.
What has happened to Ben Johnson, plenty of wraps on this Saints centre a year or so back.

Last edited:
One glaring and concerning point about the above list is the lack of home grown St George players. I count only three, Tsgrannis, Ackers, Hammoud. Hearing there is now a major push to build the local junior base. Seems it is working with local juniors dominating our '24 Matt side.
What has happened to Ben Johnson, plenty off wraps on this Saints centre a year or so back.
Ben Johnson is on the extended bench for the KOE Cup curtain raiser at Mudgee tomorrow.

denis preston

First Grade
Haha!

He certainly looks great in the limited clips I have seen and yes hopefully his defence is better than some of the recent past fast players we have had! It would be good if someone who has seen more of his play can comment.
They say he is a winger/ centre. If he makes a break as a3 or 4 in our NRL side Rav & Feagai couldnt keep up !! With his physique & speed may be fast racked into Reggie’s.

Runner

Juniors
For those of you who are interested in the lower grades it is worth noting that NSWRL TV has a subscription option for under $50 for a season pass. There is a huge number of games they will be covering.

With respect to the KOE Cup for example, they have mapped out the firsdt 10 rounds or so coverage. If you subscribe and also have Fox / Kayo you will get to see all their matches live through to round 8 (round 3 is a bye and round 4 is on Fox).

NSWRL TV is also covering the SG Ball Dragons v Steelers match on 16 March. Although nothing is listed for Flegg at the moment I assume they will cover some of these matches as well.

Anyway just thought I would post it as it seems like pretty good value to me.

TheRev

First Grade
I'm thinking of getting the NSWRLTV sub, but was gonna wait till the Dragons v Steelers game cause they havent covered any of our games yet... and assuming they will cover finals too. If its also covering NSWCup that might be the clincher.

I do wish they would let us watch the uncommented footage from the other games (which they do have cameras at), but I understand how difficult that would be.. a lot would complain about no commentary.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I'm thinking of getting the NSWRLTV sub, but was gonna wait till the Dragons v Steelers game cause they havent covered any of our games yet... and assuming they will cover finals too. If its also covering NSWCup that might be the clincher.

I do wish they would let us watch the uncommented footage from the other games (which they do have cameras at), but I understand how difficult that would be.. a lot would complain about no commentary.
Do you get to watch ALL the Dragons game every week or not?

TheRev

First Grade
Do you get to watch ALL the Dragons game every week or not?
No, thats the issue.. they only cover 1 game per wake of most grades.. so the only SG Ball game all season that we feature in, is the Dragons v Steelers game which comes up in a few weeks time.. no info on finals coverage yet.. that might be on fox though..

NSWRLTV say they will cover some JF and they cover 3 NSW Cup games per week.. its a tricky one right cause its a no brainer for me if I can watch all of the lower grades.. but a game a month or something.. not sure... I dont blame them cause they cover mens and womens, country and city and its a lot of grades.. but still we can dream..