What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons look as dangerous as a Golden Retriever!

possm

Coach
It seems:
Recruiting is now Doust's and Young's job.
Defence is Folkes's job.
Maybe we chould find someone other than Priceto select the team each week and while we're at it someone else to develop the game plan for each game.

Old_Timer

Juniors
The idea has merit possum. We have seen success with co-captains, surely the time is right for co-coaches?

TheRev

Coach
Our attacking plan is now "Chuck it to Dugen and let him do something", definitely had some tragic luck with the refs calls, that denied us a chance to atleast make a game of it... and we did have a dig in the 2nd half, but overall just so far below the mark, we had such great momentum after the parra game and dugens debut... then we turned up and expected Duges to do it all.

Those of you claiming Penrith are Top 4, they are not, certainly with their injuries, though I hate that they just found an ace fullback and half out of nowhere.... but im getting really bored of the price-loving forum-goers giving the same excuse each week, "oh we lost but xyz were too good.. top 4 fo sho", everybody looks good against us... stop accepting mediocrity.

BennyV

Referee
Second half we have a dig, forwards make some metres, quick play the balls, gets to our halves and they look lost...seriously, its disgusting, if Drinkwater, Ryan, Quinlan etc dont get a game next week then I might be swayed towards the 'Price is a tool' line of thinking, they may be young and have their shortcomings but they HAVE to be better than what our current halves are offering, especially Soward.

tumbidragon

First Grade
JDL= superstar.
In a well beatem team he was wonderful.
Well done Jack, keep going mate.
True that TruSaint. 31 tackles 10 hitups and 2 quality offloads. Building very nicely after that blinder he had last week. Mez was a gun as usual 44 tackles 3 offloads and 19 hit ups! If this kid is not captain after Creigh, I'll eat my hat!

dragonrickjs

Juniors
True that TruSaint. 31 tackles 10 hitups and 2 quality offloads. Building very nicely after that blinder he had last week. Mez was a gun as usual 44 tackles 3 offloads and 19 hit ups! If this kid is not captain after Creigh, I'll eat my hat!

Make him captain now.

JDB outstanding.

TruSaint

Referee

were u at the game tumbi ?
Just got home.
Sad with only circa 10k crowd.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I was listening on the radio in the car and as soon as I heard the disallowed try, I was worried that we would capitulate and it seems we have so far. Mental toughness in adversity with calls going against us has almost always caused the team to implode. It must a a Saints thing very frustrating.

Totally agree Minh..as soon as Harrisons try was disallowed I said to my wife, that's not good, you watch we will drop our bundle here....and I don't think its a Saints thing so to speak, but more of a poor coaching ethic....happening under Price as it did under Brown.....you very rarely saw it under Bennett if at all.

FlameThrower

Bench
Totally agree Minh..as soon as Harrisons try was disallowed I said to my wife, that's not good, you watch we will drop our bundle here....and I don't think its a Saints thing so to speak, but more of a poor coaching ethic....happening under Price as it did under Brown.....you very rarely saw it under Bennett if at all.
Spot on, exactly same comments around our seating area, never looked in the game, and we ticked all the "bad dragons" boxes, with giving the other team head start / try just before half time/ poor ball control/ last tackle bomb to the corner from Soward in auto pilot. FFs.

Our attacking plan is now "Chuck it to Dugen and let him do something", definitely had some tragic luck with the refs calls, that denied us a chance to atleast make a game of it... and we did have a dig in the 2nd half, but overall just so far below the mark, we had such great momentum after the parra game and dugens debut... then we turned up and expected Duges to do it all.

Those of you claiming Penrith are Top 4, they are not, certainly with their injuries, though I hate that they just found an ace fullback and half out of nowhere.... but im getting really bored of the price-loving forum-goers giving the same excuse each week, "oh we lost but xyz were too good.. top 4 fo sho", everybody looks good against us... stop accepting mediocrity.

Penrith definitely NOT a top 4 contender. They have just improved, like ALL other teams should reasonably be expected to after 11 rounds into the season.

Not Dragons. We are not getting consistent improvement ANYWHERE in our game. It's been like that for 18 months.

I do not accept bagging individual players or positions. One week it's our forwards, next week our halves, then it's fullback blah blah.

The problem is team DISCIPLINE.

The motivation for each player to achieve their individual goals on the field is missing.

ozbuck

Juniors
Just saw some of the highlights... if Morris' and Merrin's missed tackles that led to the 2nd and 3rd tries to the panthers was anything to go by it looks like our defense which shithouse again!

I think I read somewhere that our completion rate was around the 50% mark! Game over!!!

Was never gonna be a big year for us this year anyway.

I agree - how the team reacts to adversity, whether a bad ref call or bad luck is a sure sign of coaching. It's a measure of how focused they are.

It is no co-incidence that this year and last, where the team has learnt how to be desperate and struggling, we are getting numerous dodgey calls against us - whereas two years ago when we learnt confidence and practised patience - seemed all the 50/50 calls went our way.

Individual and team Stats, structures, gameplan, discipline (actions) - all lead to confidence and belief (attitude).

What's method here? What exactly is THIS team working towards - or are we deadset still just waiting for more cattle??