What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons NRL Nines 2020 draw revealed

SnowDragon

Juniors
Surely Saints need to dip into the market now for a backrower with the losses or JDB and now Sims.

back rower? (Frizzel, Tariq, Ford, Tyrell, Host + Merrin for Lock)
I’d say we need a prop for if we need any forwards. (Then Graham could be a ball playing lock rotation)
However, outside backs seem to be the biggest issue this year (though the youth potential could make that a temporary issue)

LINESPEED

Juniors
Not sure, but certainly on all the Instagram posts it showed Shepherd running all the practice drills and pre game warm ups with no sign of Mary in any images.

Yeah McGoner looked like the cocky on the biscuit tin - as my dear old Nana used to say.

Out of his IQ depth when quick thinking required

Let’s face it, his bench rotation/use has always confounded the NRL pundits & even his ars*licking Fox mates FFS -
so the 9’s constant cycling of players was benchwork by minutes

- way out of his mental league.

He was off with the fairies as the players subbed themselves

Actually reminded me of his stupor during the 2018 Bronco semi -
where the players went with their own game plan & FU’d him.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
back rower? (Frizzel, Tariq, Ford, Tyrell, Host + Merrin for Lock)
I’d say we need a prop for if we need any forwards. (Then Graham could be a ball playing lock rotation)
However, outside backs seem to be the biggest issue this year (though the youth potential could make that a temporary issue)
Outside backs have improved a touch with the emergence of Ramsay and Saab but we definitely need a a prop or two. Our front row stocks are so low that Graham is a certain starter round 1. Hopefully Ford gets a run but I still think we need at least one more. Wonder if Merrin could hook us up with a pommy?

Old Timer

Coach
Funny how some posters are starting to rev it all up on the back of a 9's comp where some clubs didn't give a shit and sent 3rd graders.
The notion that you can make any worthwhile assessment other than ability to run fast. show good footwork or tackle efficiently is beyond me as all other things are masked on the basis you are only playing against 9.
Hunt is not going to get anywhere near the room he had to kick a 40/20 but his lack of tackling ability was well on show as he kept jumping up to the shoulders of the ball runners.
Sailor if he plays is going to be closely marked and allowed will have very little freedom and will have an opposition back rower targeting him and some make a living out of doing it.
Ramsey certainly displayed some good speed and footwork but when against other professional wingers how do we know how that will play out?
The trials against the Knights and South's should give us a better idea as at least that is 13 on 13 however even that will be masked by the fact we will be running blokes on and off with regular monotony as will the opposition.
The only real takeaways out of the 9's for me is that our forwards look very lean and that concerns me, we suffered injuries which will show how paper thin our ranks are in essential positions, that Lafai & Aitken are absolute shit but will be there game 1 and players with obvious basic deficiencies last year still have them this year.
I hope to be proven wrong but certainly am not expecting that to be the case unless of course someone goes under the bus but rate that even less chance than us being marked improvers.

Crush

Coach
Funny how some posters are starting to rev it all up on the back of a 9's comp where some clubs didn't give a shit and sent 3rd graders.
The notion that you can make any worthwhile assessment other than ability to run fast. show good footwork or tackle efficiently is beyond me as all other things are masked on the basis you are only playing against 9.
Hunt is not going to get anywhere near the room he had to kick a 40/20 but his lack of tackling ability was well on show as he kept jumping up to the shoulders of the ball runners.
Sailor if he plays is going to be closely marked and allowed will have very little freedom and will have an opposition back rower targeting him and some make a living out of doing it.
Ramsey certainly displayed some good speed and footwork but when against other professional wingers how do we know how that will play out?
The trials against the Knights and South's should give us a better idea as at least that is 13 on 13 however even that will be masked by the fact we will be running blokes on and off with regular monotony as will the opposition.
The only real takeaways out of the 9's for me is that our forwards look very lean and that concerns me, we suffered injuries which will show how paper thin our ranks are in essential positions, that Lafai & Aitken are absolute shit but will be there game 1 and players with obvious basic deficiencies last year still have them this year.
I hope to be proven wrong but certainly am not expecting that to be the case unless of course someone goes under the bus but rate that even less chance than us being marked improvers.
I enjoyed the 9s, good entertainment after many months of no footy.
I thought the Dragons did a pretty good job too.
Not long to go and the real stuff begins.
It looks like they will try and grind out wins in 2020 if you take anything from the 9s. They got as far as they did by being gritty.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
It looks like they will try and grind out wins in 2020 if you take anything from the 9s. They got as far as they did by being gritty.
Yeah I agree, I believe it shows more than what some people will give credit for. They did show that will play a gritty style which is no surprise to be honest given that is generally how we have played lately, how Flanno plays and also the players we have suits that style, especially McInnes, Hunt and co. Seeing how good Ramsay went though shows how much one or two real X factor players makes a difference in an otherwise gritty squad.

BLM01

First Grade
I disagree, Robson should have been kept at whatever the cost. He will end up being one of the competition's leading hookers over the next few years.

Robson won the game for the Cowboys and Ravalawa lost it for the Dragons.
On what basis is Robson going to be one of the premier hookers...big call on what I have seen.
Mitch rein scored a similat try one day and look there
Take no notice of the 9's..lets see how he goes They said the same about the encumbent up there.
Why keep him and let our better hooker go when the Cowboys paid him big money as they have and endless barrel of money and / or 3rd parties being a one city large football town not too dissimilar to the Broncs.

Coffs dragon

Bench
His record at Cronulla would have had him hung and quartered though if it were for us...
FCD with all due respect Jesus Christ would have struggled to resurrect the Sharks in 2014 after ASADA issued the ban on coach Flanno & then Peter Sharp the assistant walking away due stress. That left Shepherd as 3rd cab off the ranks to salvage the last 10 games for a team in total disharmony and just wanting the season to finish.

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
FCD with all due respect Jesus Christ would have struggled to resurrect the Sharks in 2014 after ASADA issued the ban on coach Flanno & then Peter Sharp the assistant walking away due stress. That left Shepherd as 3rd cab off the ranks to salvage the last 10 games for team in total disharmony and just wanting the season to finish.
I’m just mucking around but in all seriousness, I promise you if he come to the Dragons under the exact same circumstances and had the exact same results there would be people on here calling for his head, plenty of them.

Old Timer

Coach
They got as far as they did because the refs f**ked up and the system failed.

BLM01

First Grade
I hope to be proven wrong but certainly am not expecting that to be the case unless of course someone goes under the bus but rate that even less chance than us being marked improvers.[/QUOTE
Can’t have it both ways OT saying no one should judge 9’s then cast judgement.
I am with you Charity Shield is a bitt if a better lguide but 2018 proved that theory wrong.

possm

Coach
On what basis is Robson going to be one of the premier hookers...big call on what I have seen.
Mitch rein scored a similat try one day and look there
Take no notice of the 9's..lets see how he goes They said the same about the encumbent up there.
Why keep him and let our better hooker go when the Cowboys paid him big money as they have and endless barrel of money and / or 3rd parties being a one city large football town not too dissimilar to the Broncs.
I'm predicting Robson's future success.

We are a two city club, the gong and Sydney - the largest city in Australia.

Latest posts