What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons NRL Nines 2020 draw revealed

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
What gaffe?

Again, black is a club colour.

Deal with it.

Again, show me ANY source which says it’s an OFFICIAL club colour,

:zzz:

Meanwhile, those familiar with SGI’s genesis know that one of the mutual conditions apropos the club’s formation was that the Dragons’ colours (red and white) wasn’t negotiable.

Postscript: your “gaffes” are every insecure post you make....and there’s been thousands of ‘em.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Again, show me ANY source which says it’s an OFFICIAL club colour,

:zzz:

Meanwhile, those familiar with SGI’s genesis know that one of the mutual conditions apropos the club’s formation was that the Dragons’ colours (red and white) wasn’t negotiable.

Postscript: your “gaffes” are every insecure post you make....and there’s been thousands of ‘em.
Un-bunch your panties.

Come to think of it, you may be right. We should eliminate the colour black from the club.

Starting with St George:

images

Finally, we’ll be a success!

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Un-bunch your panties.

Come to think of it, you may be right. We should eliminate the colour black from the club.

Starting with St George:

images

Finally, we’ll be a success!

The Club’s emblem isn’t a creditable source, pillock.

OT et all is correct. You REALLY struggle with rudimentary comprehension.

This is embarrassing, even for you.

possm

Coach
The only thing wrong with the current SGI arrangement is that we selected the wrong partner. Yes, Illawarra had a choice on whom they sold their shares to however, St George definitely had a final approval role. From my observations, St George approved the sale, despite a better offer and arguably a better future, because over long protracted negotiations, the old boys club were successful in extracting conditions that limited change to management control and accountability.

My preference is for WIN to support the Illawarra Club in a role mainly concerned with the development and pathway management of local junior and senior clubs that are there to produce talented feeder players for SGI.

If possible I'd like St George to partner with the former highest bidder who has the runs on the board that clearly understands the way and importance of developing a winning attitude within a sports club.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
The only thing wrong with the current SGI arrangement is that we selected the wrong partner. Yes, Illawarra had a choice on whom they sold their shares to however, St George definitely had a final approval role. From my observations, St George approved the sale, despite a better offer and arguably a better future, because over long protracted negotiations, the old boys club were successful in extracting conditions that limited change to management control and accountability.

My preference is for WIN to support the Illawarra Club in a role mainly concerned with the development and pathway management of local junior and senior clubs that are there to produce talented feeder players for SGI.

If possible I'd like St George to partner with the former highest bidder who has the runs on the board that clearly understands the way and importance of developing a winning attitude within a sports club.

I’d say the horse has bolted on that.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

Possm, with all due respect, this is the wrong thread for this crap.

Jimmy’s tantrum is at least related to his dislike for the Dragon’s jersey.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Possm, with all due respect, this is the wrong thread for this crap.

Jimmy’s tantrum is at least related to his dislike for the Dragon’s jersey.

Correction required: my dislike for the Dragons’ NINES jumper.

Can you get anything right?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Didn’t you mention something about defection earlier on?

Don’t tell me you’ve done it again?

Maybe I should refer you as “Britney” from now on in?
No deflection.. You’re just not worth my time in this discussion..

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
No deflection.. You’re just not worth my time in this discussion..

Yet, you’re the protagonist (as always) in this tete a tete.

I’ll have to make a mental note to add both “attention seeking hypocrite” along with “Britney”.

getsmarty

Immortal
bremners-180909704-sd.jpg

NINES

Dragons name inaugural Women's Nines squad
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Fri 31 Jan 2020, 11:58 AM

The St George Illawarra Dragons have named their inaugural Nines women's squad to play at Perth's HBF Stadium on February 14 and 15.

13 players who featured in the club's grand final defeat to the Brisbane Broncos in October have returned for the Dragons' tilt at the first-of-its-kind tournament.

This includes Australia Nines internationals Kezie Apps, Shaylee Bent, Keeley Davis, Tiana Penitani, Jessica Sergis, Shakiah Tungai and Botille Vette-Welsh.

"I think having so many girls return for the Nines is good in many ways, for the fact that we get the chance to work together again and build on what we did last year," Lacey said. "It shows loyalty to the Dragons and will only help consistency-wise."

The Dragons have also confirmed that Sydney Roosters centre and former Golden Boot winner Isabelle Kelly will don the Red V at the Perth Nines in an exciting development for the club's members and fans.

"Isabelle was on the top of our list to come to the club for the first NRLW season, and I never gave up hope of her becoming a Dragon one day," Lacey said.

"It speaks volumes for what we're doing as a club for her to want to jump ship and get an insight into how we operate.

"She's only committed to the Nines for now but hopefully we can sit down at some stage and look at her future with the Dragons."

Inaugural Dragons NRLW skipper Sam Bremner will also return from maternity leave for her first taste of rugby league action since Round 1 of the 2018 Women's Premiership season.

"It's great to have Sammy back on board. I get the feeling she has unfinished business with rugby league," Lacey said.

"She's been really determined to get back out there since the first NRLW season - she only managed to play the one game due to a toe injury.

"That has certainly spurred her on. She's chomping at the bit to be back and certainly someone to watch in Perth."

Local Illawarra product Kaarla Cowan rounds out the Dragons' Perth Nines squad, showcasing once again the Dragons' commitment to its genuine female player pathway.

Cowan has previously represented the New South Wales City team at the National Championships as well as the Prime Minister's XiII team in Papua New Guinea.

"Kaarla has been on the Dragons' radar for a number of years as she's from our local system being a Windang girl. She was close to being in our NRLW squad in 2019 after she expanded her horizons in the Sydney competition," Lacey said.

"Kaarla's versatility has played into this opportunity. She's one of the only individuals who can play in the middle but also at hooker. Nines rugby league is perfectly suited for Kaarla and will prove a boost in her progression in the game."

Inaugural St George Illawarra Dragons NRL Women's Nines squad

• Kezie Apps
  • Shaylee Bent
  • Brittany Breayley
  • Samantha Bremner
  • Kaarla Cowan
  • Keeley Davis
  • Aaliyah Fasavalu-Fa’amausili
  • Rikeya Horne
  • Isabelle Kelly
  • Tiana Penitani
  • Jessica Sergis
  • Maddison Studdon
  • Shakiah Tungai
  • Botille Vette-Welsh
  • Maddison Weatherall
  • Holli Wheeler

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/01/31/dragons-name-inaugural-womens-nines-squad/