What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons NRL Nines 2020 draw revealed

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
It will be interesting to see McGregors tactics for the 9's. He may possibly outdo himself and reinvent Dragons Footy.

Subbing Dufty on for the last 30 seconds while Graham plays the whole game will be excruciating to watch.

I will be on a Pacific cruise and won't be thinking about this until March.

PS The second I get wifi I will watch the highlights.

Enjoy the cruise, hope your not on the SS Titanic sister ship.

If your on Carnival Cruises, watch you don’t get a good dose of the trots. ( so l’ve been told a few times )

If your passing any Pacific islands, keep a lookout for any decent footballers.

If your in the bar, it’s your shout!

Walpole

Juniors
Interesting to see how McGregor ball translates to nines. Not well I'd suspect.

I'd like to see them put everyone with a bit of flair in the team (Dufty, Sailor, Ravalawa) and throw the ball around, just to see what that looks like.

grouch

First Grade
And.. funnily enough... whether by coincidence or not, the Nines have tended to be fairly accurate predictors of future NRL success:

The Cowboys won the Nines in 2014, and won the comp in 2015.
Cronulla were runners up in 2015 (in extra time), and won the comp in 2016.
Parra won in 2016, and finished in the top 4 of the NRL in 2017.
And the winners of the last Nines tournament in 2017? Sydney Roosters.

Of course, the Dragons have been shit in every single Nines tournament . Case closed.

getsmarty

Immortal
2020_nines_fb1.jpg

NINES

Popular demand dictates 2020 Nines jersey
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Fri 24 Jan 2020, 05:00 PM

The St George Illawarra Dragons have today launched its 2020 NRL Nines jersey.

Both our men's and women's squads will wear the jersey at the Perth-based tournament on February 14 and 15.

Our 2020 Nines jersey earned a cult following throughout the 2019 NRL Telstra Premiership season, as it acted as the Dragons' captain's run jumper throughout the club's entire campaign.

After hundreds of queries and compliments of last year's captain's run design, our Red V members and fans will be pleased to see it finally available for purchase ahead of February's Nines tournament.

The Dragons' 2020 NRL Perth Nines is available for purchase online now, and will be available at the Dragons' Team Store from Tuesday, January 28.

To coincide with the Australia Day long weekend, the Dragons are offering free shipping for any purchase made online (ending midnight Monday, February 27).

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/01/24/popular-demand-dictates-2020-nines-jersey/

Dragonslayer

First Grade
2020_nines_fb1.jpg

NINES

Popular demand dictates 2020 Nines jersey
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Fri 24 Jan 2020, 05:00 PM

The St George Illawarra Dragons have today launched its 2020 NRL Nines jersey.

Both our men's and women's squads will wear the jersey at the Perth-based tournament on February 14 and 15.

Our 2020 Nines jersey earned a cult following throughout the 2019 NRL Telstra Premiership season, as it acted as the Dragons' captain's run jumper throughout the club's entire campaign.

After hundreds of queries and compliments of last year's captain's run design, our Red V members and fans will be pleased to see it finally available for purchase ahead of February's Nines tournament.

The Dragons' 2020 NRL Perth Nines is available for purchase online now, and will be available at the Dragons' Team Store from Tuesday, January 28.

To coincide with the Australia Day long weekend, the Dragons are offering free shipping for any purchase made online (ending midnight Monday, February 27).

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/01/24/popular-demand-dictates-2020-nines-jersey/

Wow, hundreds, what 2 hundred, 3 hundred, people.
You would have thought that with a membership of 20k, this would have been in the thousands.
More from our professional media spin merchants.

getsmarty

Immortal
You would have thought that with a membership of 20k, this would have been in the thousands.

Probably the 12 people working in the Chinese restaurant...

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

It’s the same crap which saw a 26% “majority” dictating the awful red and black 2019 Members’ cap.

Tradition is slowly (but surely) being erased at SGI.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
It’s the same crap which saw a 26% “majority” dictating the awful red and black 2019 Members’ cap.

Tradition is slowly (but surely) being erased at SGI.
Why are you so bad at understanding colours and maths?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Coming from (presumably) a bloke who CLEARLY has comprehension difficulties, this is thigh slappingly hilarious :joy:
Don’t try and deflect.

Black is one of our club colours.

The cap that won received the most votes.

Both indisputable facts.

Why can’t losers accept the fact they lost a popular vote and just move on?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Don’t try and deflect.

Black is one of our club colours.

The cap that won received the most votes.

Both indisputable facts.

Why can’t losers accept the fact they lost a popular vote and just move on?

I haven’t deflected at all. Boy, your cognitive deficiencies are embarrassing.

Without resorting to an editable source (such as Wikipedia), can you cite evidence which irrefutably demonstrates that the Club’s official colours incorporate black?

*Hits snooze button while whats-his-name goes fumbling...or fapping...on the Internet.

I bet 26% is a representation of your IQ.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I haven’t deflected at all. Boy, your cognitive deficiencies are embarrassing.

Without resorting to an editable source (such as Wikipedia), can you cite evidence which irrefutably demonstrates that the Club’s official colours incorporate black?

*Hits snooze button while whats-his-name goes fumbling...or fapping...on the Internet.

I bet 26% is a representation of your IQ.
We’ve been through this before...

As I said, move on. You’ll be a lot happier in life.