What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons or Bulldogs

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
They are good side with a lot of dangerous players and a club that deserves respect for what they have achieved on the field over the last 30 years.

Thry know how to win he big ones, but I think we have their number this year.

Not by much though.

DaSuperHero2

"Moderator"
My IQ has dropped after reading this thread....
Lets take a more lateral look...

A very basic summation....

1. Darius Boyd 1. Luke Patten....Patten expierience , Boyd Jack Flash at the back and faultless with his hands...cancel each other out..= 0 - 0

2. Brett Morris 2. Hazem El Mazri......Speedstar v nothing =1-0

3. Beau Scott 3. Josh Morris ....Defence v Attack , cancel each other out =0 - 0

4. Matt Cooper 4. Jamal Idris ...Coopers old head and defence with a touch of class v the rugged , elusive inform Idris = 0 - 0

5. Wendell Sailor 5. Bryson Goodwin= massive experience v one of the form wingers of the comp =0-0

6. Jamie Soward 6. Ben Roberts = Differing games but Soward on form =1-0

7. Ben Hornby 7. Brett Kimmorley - Kimmorrley easy= 0-1

8. Justin Poore 8. Ben Hannant - cancel each other out=0-0

9. Nathan Fien 9. Michael Ennis - same again Ennis makes plenty of mistakes dont forget that =0-0

10.Michael Weyman 10.Michael Hodgson - Weyman 1-0

11.Ben Creagh 11.Andrew Ryan - Creagh =1-0

12.Dean Young 12.Gary Warburton - Even atm 0-0

13.Jeremy Smith 13.David Stagg - Differing games cancel each other out 0-0

14.Micky Paea 14.Jarrad Hickey - Paea everyday of the week and twice on Sunday =1-0

15.Neville Costigan 15.Greg Eastwood - cancel each other out = 0-0

16.Matt Prior 16.Yileen Gordon -Prior is simply better then his "never was" 1-0

17.Jason Nightingale 17.Daniel Holsworth - differing games but Nighty because he can play a range of positions and well too=1-0

In total

Saints 5
Dogs 1

hardbaby

Coach
I agree with 2 previous posts. Both sides are so good it may well come down to coaching and combinations. I think we are ahead in both of those areas. I also think we have marginally better players.

Gaba

First Grade
Yeah i agree wiht the beau scott better in defence then josh morris cancels each other other out so they are equal,

Nevan_

First Grade
1. Boyd > Patten - Not by much though. This time next year, Patten wont be good enough to clean Boyd's boots
2. Morris > El Masri - No contest
3. Scott >< Morris - Attack vs Brute strength and defence
4. Cooper >< Idris - Both rather quick. Idris' attack vs Cooper's defence
5. Sailor < Goodwin - No contest
6. Soward >>> Roberst - Soward sh*ts on him from great heights
7. Hornby >< Kimmorley - Hornby's running game vs Kimmorley's kicking
8. Poore <> Hannant - Very hard one too choose
9. Fien > Ennis - Purely because Fien can play half and 5/8 better than Ennis can
10. Weyman >> Michael Hodgson - No contest
11. Prior < Ryan - Only just
12. Creagh >>> Gary Warburton - No contest
13. Jeremy Smith >< David Stagg - Smith's Hardness vs Stagg's workrate.

14. Mickey Paea > Jarrod Hickey - Paea would smash Hickey anyday
15. Costigan <> Eastwood - Hard too choose. I wouldn't want either of them in front of me though
16. Young > Yileen Gordon - No contest
17. Nightingale > Holdsworth - Nightingale can play 1,2,3,4,5,13,11,12 enough said

_Johnsy

Referee
Saints fans will say saints are better and argue the sides merits, and the doggies fans will say doggies are better and argue the sides merits.

In saying that GF result - Saints 26 - Doggies 22

jpaciocco91

Juniors
Roberts has nothing on Soward. It's a bit hard to judge on who is in better form out of BK and Hornby, when both have improved considerably in the last year. What Canterbury have over us is at dummy half- with Ennis. Not really at anything else.

watatank

Coach
lol at the reasoning for Nightingale > Holdsworth. I agree that Nightingale is a better player but he is a utility back. To try pass him off as an out and out utility for his ability to play in the back row/front row just because he played for about five minutes in the back row (exaggeration but it doesn't change my point) is ridiculous IMO. No other team would use him as anything other a back.

and LOL at anything other than Ennis > Fien. It's the only real advantage that the Bulldogs have over us.

Nevan_

First Grade
lol at the reasoning for Nightingale > Holdsworth. I agree that Nightingale is a better player but he is a utility back. To try pass him off as an out and out utility for his ability to play in the back row/front row just because he played for about five minutes in the back row (exaggeration but it doesn't change my point) is ridiculous IMO. No other team would use him as anything other a back.

and LOL at anything other than Ennis > Fien. It's the only real advantage that the Bulldogs have over us.

Nightingale can play many positions, Holdsworth can only play two. That was my point.

What's your reasoning for Ennis > Fien? Again, i was referring to his ability to play other positions.

watatank

Coach
Nightingale can play many positions, Holdsworth can only play two. That was my point.

What's your reasoning for Ennis > Fien? Again, i was referring to his ability to play other positions.

Holdsworth is more a genuine utility than Nightingale is. Holdsworth can play in the halves and back row which is more handy for most teams. He has the ability to play hooker and centre as well. Nightingale has played in the forwards before but I really think that's stretching his utility value too far. He is essentially a utility back.

Ennis is simply a better hooker than Fien, I think that's the only level that's worth comparing the two on, considering at full strength that's the only position they will both play. Fien has arguably more utility value but even then Ennis is no slouch in the halves either.

Gaba

First Grade
kimmorley showed last night when the dogs are behind he struggles a bit

Last edited: