What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons player of the year

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
3. Debellin.

Made his NSW debut, tackled stoutly throughout, and played on whilst clearly injured (particularly over the last three weeks of the season).

3. Frizell

He’s lionhearted, say no more. The captaincy suits him, although I feel Graham had a lot of input.

1. Sims/Dufty.

Sims: as with JDB, he made his SOO debut - monstered more than one opponent throughout the year - fell away a little bit in the mid section of the premiership rounds, then recovered.

Dufty: when he was good, he was excellent.

Defence needs a massive amount of improvement in order to stay in first grade, and he must always commit to catching kicks.

Eastview

Juniors
3. Debellin.

Made his NSW debut, tackled stoutly throughout, and played on whilst clearly injured (particularly over the last three weeks of the season).

3. Frizell

He’s lionhearted, say no more. The captaincy suits him, although I feel Graham had a lot of input.

1. Sims/Dufty.

Sims: as with JDB, he made his SOO debut - monstered more than one opponent throughout the year - fell away a little bit in the mid section of the premiership rounds, then recovered.

Dufty: when he was good, he was excellent.

Defence needs a massive amount of improvement in order to stay in first grade, and he must always commit to catching kicks.

This post was spot on untill I read Duftys name... Surely that's a gee up

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think Sims is the standout. He was the best edge backrower in the comp this year and should be there for NSW ahead of Cordner, but that won't happen.

JDHD

Juniors
JDB. We concede more points when he’s off the field than any other point in the game. He went to another level this year with his attack and his defence is punishing. He’s aggressive, he’s strong and he’s tough as nails. Look at how many injuries he played through: hip, ankle, sternum, bicep, shoulder. Absolute beast.

Frank Facer

First Grade
JDB. We concede more points when he’s off the field than any other point in the game. He went to another level this year with his attack and his defence is punishing. He’s aggressive, he’s strong and he’s tough as nails. Look at how many injuries he played through: hip, ankle, sternum, bicep, shoulder. Absolute beast.
Jack was great early in the season, but his form wasn't as good for the second half of the year. That may have has something to do with his injuries, but his form still dipped.

Dragsters

First Grade

We had many outstanding performers the season.

Leading the comp for so long takes a real team effort.

Hunt and Widdop were great for long periods, as were our entire pack.

Our rookies stepped up when needed.

For me though, I have to agree with JDHD's post above.

De belin was the glue that held the team together.

He went to another lever this season...

Dragonslayer

First Grade
T. Sims by a mile.

Friz was very good in patches but he was used firstly as a battering ram and always cut back into traffic. This showed in the number of tries he scored this year (5). The last couple of games he got the mojo right.

JDB was good but post origin his form dropped off considerably. Evident from him walking back on side.

Widdop was on target until injured.

McInnes had a strong year but needs to run more and take control aka C.Smith

The rest were consistently inconsistent. A few good games followed by a few bad games or games they disappeared.

So for mine Sims was the most consistent player for the whole year. Scored 10 tries, was the focus for opposition halves knowing they'd be smashed (and legally), great hole running and good defense.