What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Round 1 Team Announced?

watatank

Coach
Not posted on the Dragons website so I don't know how official this side is but League HQ seems a legit enough source, right?

Bennett's first selection shock

The team is: Darius Boyd; Jason Nightingale, Matt Cooper, Chase Stanley, Wendell Sailor; Jamie Soward, Ben Hornby (capt); Justin Poore, Dean Young, Michael Weyman, Beau Scott, Ben Creagh, Jeremy Smith. Res: Luke Priddis, Jarrod Saffy, Matt Prior, Dan Hunt.

Godz Illa

Coach
Wow this is a new era. Usually we are the last club to post a team list, around 5pm Tuesday. I like Wayne's style.

Back on topic... no real shock tbh. Saffy and Prior have both done well in the trials and deserve the nod ahead of Costigan and Paea. Brett Morris, though, is unlucky to miss out.

Dragons_#1

Bench
Yeh u have to feel sorry for Morris... He will follow his brother to the dogs!!

Neville will he back once he gets game time under his belt and cuts out his stupid penalties!!

Strong on paper tho!!

Go you dragons!!

watatank

Coach
What threw me off was that Coops was named in the 3 jersey (usually plays in 4) and it wasn't posted on the Dragons site first...

watatank

Coach
Nightingale has always worn 2 and he plays on the left...Hodges played in 4 at the Broncos and played on the right...

God-King Dean

Immortal
Cooper in #3... YES ! Bout time !

Winger/Centre on the left should be 2/3 & the centre/winger on the right should be 4/5 damn it !

MattYg1

Bench
Solid team though aye... still iffy on Young at 9 though... if only for slow service purposes...

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Knew Darius would get the one.

Not that it is right.

Suprised Costigan did not get a gig, Wayne does have a long memory.

hardbaby

Coach
Yeah well it's the first game.
Reality is Young wil play tight at hooker for the first 15.
Then swing to a ball playing lock where he will excel.
So the Dragons will pick a team heavy on front rowers.
Poore is our only real front row star so they will choose 4 and rotate.
I think Costigan will take out Saffy over time.
Stanley is a freak - he just needs to get his head right.
And Sailor is a proven winner.
So Morris needs an injury or bad form to get in.
It is pretty close to our best team - I think.

Latest posts