What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons rumours

Collateral

Coach
Thought this would be a good thread to have up top as a sticky to post whatever news or rumours might be going around the club regarding players or whatever? Just a place to put info too small to have its own thread or whatever.

Collateral

Coach
Ashton Sims is seeking a release.

Dragons are chasing Chris Walker for 2006.

There's two to get things started. The Chris Walker one has been doing the rounds for a little while now...not sure what to think about it.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Whered you hear the Sims rumour RD?

Can't see Walker coming hear. We have Best, Naiqama, Youngquest & others who can slot into the wing. It's true that we surprisingly signed Marteenem but that was during an injury streak

It seemed a strong possibility that Walker would go to Wests with Richards off to ESL next year. But this is doubt now that they have signed Lolesi

Collateral

Coach
I dont think Youngquest will be here next year as he has also been linked to the Tigers and he is off contract. Too bad, I dont think he was ever really given a shot and when he did play Firsts he played very well.

The Sims rumour is one that is popping up on the Tigers board, the NRL board and Jub Ave. It is also one of those rumours that seems to be a possibility with the way he has been dropped to PL a few times this season.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Sims has NOT asked for a release,nor would he be granted one- that is total crap, from the CEO himself.

DragonsScott

Juniors
It would explain sims being out of form and not being selected each week, surely he wil hang around due to bailey leaving in 2007

Russo

Juniors
DragonsScott said:
It would explain sims being out of form and not being selected each week, surely he wil hang around due to bailey leaving in 2007

lets hope so !!! he is an awesome young player

God-King Dean

Immortal
O'l Danny boy is up to no good

Said on the footy show Dragons may be looking to palm of Lance & Tigers are interested. Apparently, Lance confronted Doust about it.....

backtobasics

Juniors
Hi Guys

Since Ben Hornby has mooved from fullback to the halfback role , I have noticed a degrade in our deffence in the backline , Greenshields is a fine fullback but i dont think his 1st grade material as of yet .

Also in 2007 with luke bailey gone our backs are going to be under even more pressure and it looks like Honrby has found a new home in the half back role .Since the Sharks have realised David Peachy i wanted to know what you guys thought of David Peachy mooving to the Dragons instead of going to england . I belive we need a specalist fullback and im sure Peachy would love to get involved with the clubs programes and start his own and im sure he would love to get involved with the Red V program .

Yours Faithfully
Backtobascis

Dragon_psa

First Grade
backtobasics said:
Hi Guys

Since Ben Hornby has mooved from fullback to the halfback role , I have noticed a degrade in our deffence in the backline , Greenshields is a fine fullback but i dont think his 1st grade material as of yet .

Also in 2007 with luke bailey gone our backs are going to be under even more pressure and it looks like Honrby has found a new home in the half back role .Since the Sharks have realised David Peachy i wanted to know what you guys thought of David Peachy mooving to the Dragons instead of going to england . I belive we need a specalist fullback and im sure Peachy would love to get involved with the clubs programes and start his own and im sure he would love to get involved with the Red V program .

Yours Faithfully
Backtobascis

Whatever you're on, I'll have 6 thanks.

backtobasics

Juniors
Hi guys

i dont know if you guys have heard of him or not , but another player i think would suit the dragons well would be English Star for the Leeds Rhino's Keith Senior . The Gold Coast team took a page out of the Norm and Signed Carny . After Lord Bailey leaves us in 2007 . he would come in handy to take the pressure off our front row .

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Keith Senior, isn't he a centre?
And isn't he like 30 years old already?
Good grief. lol

Doesn't sound like the right replacement for Bailey. I'd say the future lies with the likes Ashton Sims who has been earmarked for that spot.

...and welcome to the forum backtobasics.