What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons rumours

Collateral

Coach
hahaha Apparently we are 'trying' to offload:

Thompson
Sims
Ryles
Timmins

Someone is desperate to destablise the club coming into the finals.

SHD

Juniors
I've heard a pretty strong rumour that we're coming very very good at the right end of the season while the various monthly premiers are falling over in a big heap.

backtobasics

Juniors
Willow said:
Keith Senior, isn't he a centre?
And isn't he like 30 years old already?
Good grief. lol

Doesn't sound like the right replacement for Bailey. I'd say the future lies with the likes Ashton Sims who has been earmarked for that spot.

...and welcome to the forum backtobasics.

yes Kieth Senior is a center , but he is sometimes pushed into a second row postion , Despite his size his deffence ability actually helped out leeds quite alot when they were trailing behind in games . Im not sure of Senior's Age but Andrew Johnes is 37 and his keeping up with the best of them and is currently playing the best football of his life , I constently wonder why no Australian Clubs look at english players like Carny and Senior more often .

I didnt say Senior to replace bailey in the front row , i said Senior should be put in the side because Bailey is a work horse and were going to loose alot of ground when he goes . Senior will be able to re enforce the second row and centers . The buety of it is we wouldnt brake the calary cap purchasing Keith Senior

Collateral

Coach
I rate Senior as one of the best centres in the world for both codes....but he is too old and we have the best centre pairing in the world already and plenty of up and coming fowards for the second row.

brokendigit

Juniors
From a small piece in RLW's 'The Mole'...

"Sims may end up at Bondi in the near future... maybe even next season"...

One year left on his Dragons contract.

This would be a big blow...

Who has heard what???

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The Mole is never wrong. lol
I have no idea except that people who know more than the Mole have told me that Sims is part of a 'long term plan' at Saints.
Then again, I was told by an official that Mark Riddell was going to stay with Saints the day before he signed with Parra.
These things can change from week-to-week and anyone who has a 'hot tip' for months down the track is usually blowing it out their arse.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Would rather keep him than Henderson. Sims is a Giant. I would be shattered if that happened.

Rooster got Anasta and Harrison. What is their salary cap 8 million?

brokendigit

Juniors
*bump*

Guys, this rumour appears to be gaining ground. Is anyone else hearing this from their trusted sources?

I've got everything crossed that he steps up Saturday night, & an early release is shelved...

Mods - could you move this to Rumour thread? Cheers!

The Preacher

First Grade
I thought Greenshields had signed for '06 and then was going to the Gold Coast in '07.
I also was told about the Lance Thompson issue. Don't be surprised if they just tell him
"We have no further need for you in the current team plans". They did it to Stoney when he was within reach of the club record for games played, and they'll do it again if it's a non-representative player. It is probably the only issue I have with the Dragons. I am going to ask at the football club AGM just who are the retention and recruitment committee members. The Preacher

Collateral

Coach
I heard Timmins was as good as gone and had come to terms on a deal with Hull but then changed his mind about leaving and now wants to remain with the Dragons.

dubopov

Coach
Apparently Ennis has been released and either Timmins or Thompson will be axed..
source 2UE via other Dragon Forum

BIKER DRAGON

Juniors
does club loyalty mean nothing anymore if youhave been at a club more than 5 years you should not even come under the salery cap that is what all clubs should be pushing as well as the players union