What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons show online idea

Ozzwald

Juniors
GREAT idea!! Go for it man.....as long as it streams (I live in Texas) I'll be loving it!!!

Rexxy

Coach
excellent initiative.

I'll listen for sure.

There is some nice radio streaming software called Maximation. But you probably know all about that stuff. :)

Dragonheart

Juniors
Hey Rexxy,

Hadn't come accross that one, but have tried a few:)

I run SAM2 broadcaster with 2 streams. The station, 'Cruize Radio' provides a 56k and a 24k, just so no-one is left out. It's a 70s & 80s station, but make the VERY occasional exception (carefully selected early 90s trax).

Having phone in would really be great, but just not possible....YET!

However, I'm prepared to give it a go if there is enough interest, with input from Dragons fans via Email, Live chat, and the forum, all of which can be relayed over the stream (which keeps OZZWALD and other overseas supporters involved).

If I think there are enough going to listen I may even get a show together for this weekend.

drake

First Grade
Go for it mate! Sounds like a great idea, I'll be listening if you're broadcasting.

Dragonheart

Juniors
OK, so let me know....I know I said Sunday night, but is Monday night at 7:30PM convenient for everyone?

Ozzwald

Juniors
Sunday or Monday are both good.....the weekends games are still fresh in peoples minds. It doesn't really matter to me cause 7:30pm on the eastern seaboard of Oz is 4:30am here in Texas for me....so either one sucks for me!!! LOL!!!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dragonheart said:
OK, so let me know....I know I said Sunday night, but is Monday night at 7:30PM convenient for everyone?
I think the F7s radio is on Tuesdays and Thursdays... so Monday wouldn't clash.
It's only a small consideration but every bit helps.

drake

First Grade
Sunday or Monday is fine with me, especially 19:30, my son should be in bed by then.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Come to think of it, Monday night has the Fox NRL show. Just something worth considering Dragonheart.

wyvern, you're lucky being able to get 'em to bed by 7:30. ;-)

Rexxy

Coach
DH

I love technology but don't sometimes understand the processes.

Is there a chance to pod cast this as well?

Is there a chance to host the F7s broadcast on your site DH?

Also I note you dont have phone service, but what if you were sent some chopped up wav files ie interviews, user comments etc. Can you just drop them in?

And and and .... when you feel you have hit your straps, say the word and I will spam the bejesus out of my various Stgi fan databases I have seen and tell them about the show? In your own time, of course.

Willow said:
Come to think of it, Monday night has the Fox NRL show. Just something worth considering Dragonheart.

drake

First Grade
Willow said:

That's just the young bloke, he's only 10 months old.

The other three have opinions on when they should go to bed.

Someone must have told 'em a family is a democracy; what a silly idea.

Dragonheart

Juniors
rexxy, anything you have just email them to station@cruizeradio.com and I'm sure they will get used on the show.

By the way, that is the email address to drop me a message during the show, something I will be encouraging strongly on air.

I'm pretty certain I will go ahead with the idea. Due to some issues raised by other forum members, A final time is yet to be decided, however, it looks as though Sunday is the go.

Our overseas supporter base will miss out if the show is on at 7:30PM here (for instance, that 4:30AM US Central Time), so an earlier time needs to be worked out. Possibly this will be 11AM (that's 8:30PM Saturday US Central).

Dakink

Bench
wyvern said:
That's just the young bloke, he's only 10 months old.

The other three have opinions on when they should go to bed.

Someone must have told 'em a family is a democracy; what a silly idea.

Sounds like my three.....

Hang on sounds like we have our own junior Dragon army breeding here!