What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons showed plenty of heart tonight.

Southernsaint

Staff member
That game took it out of me. When it ended, I had to take the bottle of whiskey and go sit in the back-yard for a while, which is even sadder because I live in Ireland and it was only midday.

The rushing up in defence was definitely a tactic that Wests thought would work with us and they didn't care about conceding penalties.

I thought the refereeing was poor, that non forward pass they pinged us for and the "hit" on Lui are examples that come to the mind immediately.

Let's savour the week and culminate it with the mother of all parties back in Kogarah on Sunday night!!

TheRev

First Grade
That game took it out of me. When it ended, I had to take the bottle of whiskey and go sit in the back-yard for a while, which is even sadder because I live in Ireland and it was only midday.

- It was one of the hardest (full 80 minute) game that I've ever had to watch (probably since Tigers in 05, or the 96 GF against Manly), it was physically and mentally draining having to chase all-game. Especially coming in behind 6-12 at half-time knowing that the stats verify that we have never chased down more than a 2 point deficit in the second half..... but also knowing that its only 6 points.. and that it should be very doable..

The rushing up in defence was definitely a tactic that Wests thought would work with us and they didn't care about conceding penalties.

- That defensive technique you can expect next week from the Roosters too.. we need to handle it better this time.

I thought the refereeing was poor, that non forward pass they pinged us for and the "hit" on Lui are examples that come to the mind immediately.

- Yeah I wasn't a fan of it, the 2 penalties that got them up-field for the Lui try (missing tigers marker & tackling lui) were insane, both of them were completely by the book.. but anyway you are going to get some like that, I was more disappointed that Lui scored so easily after getting an opportunity.

boo_boo

Juniors
The standard of the game was fairly high with both teams wanting to win as much as the other & 2 things stood out more than anything.
The Tigers had no killer blow to put the game beyond doubt & the Dragons played the game close to their chests & never really threatened, they just did what they had to do.
Next week to team to take the game past the advantage point will win.

ForestDragon

Juniors
That was a tense and close game but the heart and composure showed by the Dragons will take us all the way to the big prize.Smith was oustanding and we WILL beat the Chooks.

netic

Juniors
Well done the the Saints, It was a good game that could have gone either way, but the Saints held strong and i think it was that composure they have shown all year that got them the win.

They deserve to be Favourites and they deserve to go on and win it, I think the Tigers came out with a good game plan to defeat them but to the Dragons credit they adjusted there game in the second half and were able to keep the Tigers pointless.

And i also have to commend the Saints fans that were at the game, many of them came up to me ( having a tigers jersey on) and shook my hand saying a great game and both teams deserved to go to the GF, great to see and i wish you guys all the best next week

Minh

First Grade
Well done the the Saints, It was a good game that could have gone either way, but the Saints held strong and i think it was that composure they have shown all year that got them the win.

They deserve to be Favourites and they deserve to go on and win it, I think the Tigers came out with a good game plan to defeat them but to the Dragons credit they adjusted there game in the second half and were able to keep the Tigers pointless.

And i also have to commend the Saints fans that were at the game, many of them came up to me ( having a tigers jersey on) and shook my hand saying a great game and both teams deserved to go to the GF, great to see and i wish you guys all the best next week

The game definately could of gone either way, the tigers did themselves and their supporters proud, thank you for the well wishes.

RedVDave

First Grade
They started off a bit nervously, a bit like the finals game against Parra last year and looked to be in a bit of trouble there. That win rates right up there for the Mighty Dragons. Nightingale and Smith had a blinder, how good was the lead up work from Nightingale for that second try, he showed no fear throughout the match.

I don't think it was a nervous start I personally thought the boys were a bit rusty from the bye to me everything started to click when Fien but that hit on Fulton from there we never looked back. It was a tough and gritty win definetley one of the best I have seen shows what a long way the boys have come from 2 and a half years ago.

Latest posts