What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons showed plenty of heart tonight.

Minh

First Grade
They started off a bit nervously, a bit like the finals game against Parra last year and looked to be in a bit of trouble there. That win rates right up there for the Mighty Dragons. Nightingale and Smith had a blinder, how good was the lead up work from Nightingale for that second try, he showed no fear throughout the match.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
The game could of gone either way. The Tigers played well. We managed to out muscle them towards the end, get better field position and kick a field goal. The boys showed plenty of heart, well done!!!

clifford

Juniors
great win was an absolute heart stopper, game was so tight so glad it was up that got up in the end tigers fans would be shattered. hurry up sunday

Minh

First Grade
great win was an absolute heart stopper, game was so tight so glad it was up that got up in the end tigers fans would be shattered. hurry up sunday

Tigers were awesome tonight, they really did bring there 'A' game and I really feel for their supporters, they can hold their head high that's for sure.

clifford

Juniors
they were really putting lots of pressure on our attack tonight coming off there line so quickly. put soward under a lot of pressure in the first half. tigers played a great game just so glad that it was us that got home

40Twenty

Juniors
Tigers defended us brilliantly tonight. I was extremely happy to see Soward and the rest react well and stand deeper. It led to the Nightingale try. It proved to me then and there that we have a smart team that is capable of learning as the game goes on.

Bring on the chooks! I feel like chicken tonight!

Dizzychik

Juniors
nearly had a heart attack but managed to watch the whole game. i'm watching again now so i can enjoy it this time :D

blacklock

Juniors
my voice is still shot from screaming at the top of my lungs lol heart stopping game...and one that officially erases 2005 :) the tigers fans were broken after the game. going into half time they seemed to be bubbling as a result of the score line. although i was worried i still felt we had been dominating for the most part.

the difference between this team and 05 is that we have composure. trent barrett (overrated) would have never had the nerve to hit that field goal so calmly. jamie soward deserves alot of credit. great kicking game (however...why on earth they didnt send a few more bombs to tuquiri is beyond me! lol he isnt the best catcher)

All in all... i loved beating the tigers. Roosters are in alot of trouble. This is our year.

(a part of me still wonders what melbourne would have done if they were a part of this equation)

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Why they didn't attack Lui after Canberra had so much success there...I don't know, but I'm not Wayne Bennett..All I know is I have a smile on my face that will stay there until at least next Sunday

clifford

Juniors
nearly had a heart attack but managed to watch the whole game. i'm watching again now so i can enjoy it this time :D

lol same just finished on fox sports haha great game was up as soon as boydy passed the ball over the dead ball line. great win, chooks next week, cant wait

40Twenty

Juniors
Why they didn't attack Lui after Canberra had so much success there...I don't know, but I'm not Wayne Bennett..All I know is I have a smile on my face that will stay there until at least next Sunday

They tried to, but the tigers kept rushing out of the line as soon as the ball went right. Smart tactics that worked almost the whole game. Took a smart call by one of the players to get everyone to stand deeper. That's when Gaz came into the game and we looked dangerous.

MattYg1

Bench
Composure, no panic, tough and rough win I loved it...

First thing my dad said to me when I got home was "mate one point win I don't know"
wasn't a concern at all, we forced the tigers to play our gameplan in the second half and that's why we got up... It was brilliant... Could of won by a half a point I wouldn't of cared it was the way we won and the way we did it against a hungry and fired up Tigers team

Seriously they carved us up with all the sideways ball movement in the first half, I think they failed to even reach double figures in the hit up department it was all sweeping backline plays and it worked us over.

80 more minutes boys and girls and we will all be in footy Valhalla...

FIRE UP SAINTS!!!!! woooooow!!!

Dizzychik

Juniors
our boys are in it....that's all that matters now!

i can't wait! already got my tickets so i'm ready to go :D

Juniors
Congrats to Dragons. Tigers showed up tonight but unfortunately fell short. After a performance like that u would have to think that both teams deserved to be in the final. Was a truly fierce battle.

That 100min loss to Roosters hurt more than we first thought.

Anyway, good luck next week!!

Your team was involved in some of the best games of the season, and it definitely wouldn't be a season I'd look back on in disappointment. Bad luck

TheRev

First Grade
The Dragons didnt put 1 decent attacking raid on tonight, just bargeing forward runs... maybe it was because the Tigers were in our face.. but man when they all rush out of the line, surely we have strategies to take advantage..

Be prepared for the same tactics next week, we just need to defend a little better, like we did in the Manly game, I didnt have that confidence tonight, the 2 times they got into our territory they seemed to score.

Dragon

Coach
The Dragons didnt put 1 decent attacking raid on tonight, just bargeing forward runs... maybe it was because the Tigers were in our face.. but man when they all rush out of the line, surely we have strategies to take advantage..

Mate it took us a while to figure it out but we eventually straightened it up. We got held up twice, and both of our tries were up the guts. Hornby cut them up in the 2nd half stepping off his left. That to me, was the most pleasing aspect tonight. Last year we would've gone into our shells instead of learning/adapting.

Sheens had a great game plan, and they executed pretty well. It was their kicking game which let them down. Who knows what to expect from the chooks, but i think our backline will fire again. If not, well we know another way to score ;-)