What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Sign Michael WITT

TruSaint

Referee
The St George Illawarra Dragons have today confirmed that Michael Witt has agreed to a one-year contract that will see him join the Club until at least the end of the 2014 season.
Witt, 29, who can play as fullback as well as in the halves, debuted for the Parramatta Eels during the 2003 campaign and later played for both the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles (2005-06) and New Zealand Warriors (2007-09).
The Toowoomba-native has most recently been playing in the Super League with both the Crusaders (2010-11) and London Broncos (2012-13).
Witt will join the Dragons for pre-season training on Thursday, December 5.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news-display/88012

Twenty10

Juniors
Are we serious with this?? No idea what we have signed him. Certainly seems like a misguided recruitment.

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
Seriously, how many halves does it take to make a circle? Waste of money in my opinion as we have Quinlan, Drinky, Kyle, Widdop, Williams, Bird...who else can be classed as a half on the books? Front rower is the one we need. Petero for one more run!!

TheRev

First Grade
thats a bizarre purchase.. unless hes meant to be the backup fullback (i.e. cutters fullback) and they have a different plan for Quinlan.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Interesting signing. Not sure why but interesting. Can he fill in as a hooker?

Can kick goals that is for sure from memory.

dubo

Juniors
I am jumping through hula hoops as we speak. Looks like he can kick a few goals with the ladies just quietly.

Yeh good goal kicker, not a bad signing really IMO, a more experienced player who will help a very young crop of halves coming through, Widdop is all class but still only 24, Williams and Stanley are 22 probably wont see first grade but will put pressure on blokes to perform.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Did use to play a little hooker? Could be played as the back up hooker other wise I think he is purely going to be depth. We will be fielding one of the youngest sides in the comp next year so a little experience around the training paddock will not go astray. From what I remember he was a zippy little player

Hey, an old reserve grade level half. Exactly what we need to solve our massive problems in the forwards and dig us out of the bottom three.

FFS. The clowns are running the circus.

Como Connection

First Grade
Well I didn't announce this early this week, very busy with golf, however my man told me the Dragons were looking for signings in the halves and also the front row, so I guess so big guy/s still to sign.
Stay tuned, sorry about my bit late mail, but I was right on mark again, believe me

tumbidragon

First Grade
Well I didn't announce this early this week, very busy with golf, however my man told me the Dragons were looking for signings in the halves and also the front row, so I guess so big guy/s still to sign.
Stay tuned, sorry about my bit late mail, but I was right on mark again, believe me
:lol: Gold.

Couldn't find highlights of this bloke, but found this....

[youtube]1OSHzuNy6qU[/youtube]

MONGrel?

TruSaint

Referee
It doesnt take much... some may say, but i have flabbergasted...

Another half / utility ?

What role could he possibly have ? Hooker... too many options.
Halves... we bought them like it was black Friday.

Fullback? Hellooooooo...

Tumbi, can you shed some light on this bermuda signing???
Mnigh ???? anyone.
FMD

Last edited:

Latest posts