What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons spots up for grabs

petetheileet

First Grade
id give peni coopers spot....

lett to me is a winger

although you could shift nighty to the centres

also

does everyone here think darius will stay at fb for the next few years or is a possible shift to the 3/4 line on the cards??

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I hope with a year under their belts that the combinations in the 3/4 line will be a bit smoother in regards to Boyd. He def deserves first crack and he returns the ball as well as any FB in the NRL. We've got options there. Ideally, I'd like to see Hornby to FB if we can develop a 7. Fien is not up to that job & Henry is still a way off, so it looks like it will be last years Status Quo in place.

I think Lett is the dark horse. He looks to have that X Factor we missed, but will be behind Nighty & Morris.

We've got depth and a powrful squad again this year. Hopefully we can produce our best at the right time of the year.

I think we can. The boys will be f**king hungry and you would surely think that they want to prove to themselves that they CAN win when it matters. This year is the year to take the next step and make the GF.

Doug2234

First Grade
I hope with a year under their belts that the combinations in the 3/4 line will be a bit smoother in regards to Boyd. He def deserves first crack and he returns the ball as well as any FB in the NRL. We've got options there. Ideally, I'd like to see Hornby to FB if we can develop a 7. .

Boyd needs to get up in the line in attack. The amount of times Hornby had a free hand for offload and Boyd was too far back.. Boyd should be sniffing around Hornby and Soward for offloads... He has the pace so follow up in attack..

petetheileet

First Grade
two awesome post there boys, couldnt agree more...Boyds strength and speed should be seeing him score 15 tries a year not 2 or three!

hopefully this year her will gell a bit better when he comes up on the left hand side.

watatank

Coach
Hornby's days as a fullback are long gone. We have too many good fullbacks in the team and not enough depth in the halves to justify moving him back.

As for Boyd, he will be at fullback. He had a good start last year and will only improve. Still wouldn't Nightingale getting a shot there though.

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
Boyd needs to get up in the line in attack. The amount of times Hornby had a free hand for offload and Boyd was too far back.. Boyd should be sniffing around Hornby and Soward for offloads... He has the pace so follow up in attack..
Sounds like Boyd trying to do wiht morris , Boyd gave morris amble chances to score more trys but morris didnt read him.

What i did see before nightingale got injured he and boyd were making inroads,

Morris finally started to get in sync with boyd at the end of the season

Last edited:

Godz Illa

Coach
Added to watatank's post... the only reason Boyd will be shifted to the centres is also because we have less depth there than in the fullback spot. I don't see that happening either

Bring back choc

Juniors
Aahhhh love this time of year.... who will play, who won't!!!

the full strength team i think Wayne will choose to start the NRL will be as follows:

01. BOYD
02. MORRIS
03. SCOTT
04. COOPER
05. NIGHTINGALE
06. SOWARD
07. HORNBY [c]
08. WEYMAN
09. YOUNG
10. GREENFIELD (will be the buy of the season)
11. CREAGH
12. SCOTT
13. SMITH

14. FIEN
15. PRIOR
16. COSTIGAN
17. HUNT, SAFFY, PAULO, MERRIN.

petetheileet

First Grade
Scott in the team twice mate....

lol, why does that seem to happen with Scott a lot???

but yeah thats true about boyd and nighty Gaba, maybe we might see Boyd chiming in on the right hand side!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Scott in the team twice mate....

lol, why does that seem to happen with Scott a lot???

that's what happens to guys who have a first name as a surname...

don't get me started about those people who have a surname for their first name...

watatank

Coach
Added to watatank's post... the only reason Boyd will be shifted to the centres is also because we have less depth there than in the fullback spot. I don't see that happening either

I can't see it happening. Fullback is a crucial position (particularly with the structures we have in place) and if it's decided Boyd is the number one fullback then he should play there as long as he's available. If he's going to play centre he will do so from the outset not move there halfway through the season (unless we choose to play differently). We will just end up playing some backrowers there (or give Tagive a shot) and we have enough of them to cover.

SuperSoward

Juniors
I round 1 will be:

1. Boyd
2. Morris
3. Scott
4. Cooper
5. Nightingale
6. Soward
7. Hornby
8. Greenfield
13. Young
10. Weyman
11. Prior
12. Creagh
14. Smith

9. Fein
15. Hunt
16. Saffy
17. Merrin

jpaciocco91

Juniors
1. Nightingale
2. Morris
3. Tagive
4. Cooper
5. Boyd
6. Soward
7. Hornby
8. Saffy
9. Fein
10. Weyman
11. Young
12. Creagh
13. Smith

14. Greenfield
15. Scott
16. Prior
17. Hunt

petetheileet

First Grade
1. Nightingale
2. Morris
3. Tagive
4. Cooper
5. Boyd
6. Soward
7. Hornby
8. Saffy
9. Fein
10. Weyman
11. Young
12. Creagh
13. Smith

14. Greenfield
15. Scott
16. Prior
17. Hunt

I dont mind that team at all

Saffy will have improved a lot over the off season me thinks

That team excites me!

jpaciocco91

Juniors
I hope Wayne goes with this. Even to swap the positions of Nite and Boyd from my team would be good. Saffy is better than Hunt and should start instead. Having Young at dummy half and Scott at centre is a joke and could potentially result in something disastrous again. A backline is a backline, not an extra set of forwards. Dummy halves usually aren't 100kg tackling workaholics. Fein is smaller and faster than Young and is better suited there. Scott did nothing at centre last year in regards to attack, except during the first Broncos game. Young and Scott will kill it in the backrow with their excellent defenses.

Slackboy72

Coach
Personally I think this may be a big year for Fein.
If he can put defenses on the back foot with runs out of dummy half thenit will really turn our attack around.

petetheileet

First Grade
i pray nightly that Young wont play dummy half

quick feet are essential for todays hooker, young has some of the slowest in the comp!

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
1. Nightingale - Key position. Boyd has had a year there. No way for Nighty.
2. Morris - Yep
3. Tagive - So you're moving one of our best players and Sowards "Bodyguard" to the bench for an injury prone 20 year old who has played two games in the centres (8 NRL games in tow years total) and been shown up in defnce there on both occasions?
4. Cooper - Yep
5. Boyd - Fullback. Nighty will be here.
6. Soward - Yep
7. Hornby - Yep
8. Saffy - No probs with that or any of the other options. Bennett will go with Dan Hunt though if his off season has been good. He kept Saff out of the 17 klast year.
9. Fein - Not sold on this. Be great to see though. Jesus it would be great if Priddis turned the clock back 7 years for his swan song. Please God. My kingdom for ma hooker. Mitch Rein looks the goods to me, but he needs to bulk up.
10. Weyman - Yep.
11. Young - Yep. As long as we have a hooker. Scott & Prior have claims here as well. If Scott is fit he WILL be in the starting 13 somewhere.
12. Creagh - Yep
13. Smith -Yep

14. Greenfield or Merrin
15. Scott - Dreaming. He'll be in the 13.
16. Prior - Cool
17. Hunt - Cool

barry

Bench
1. Morris (Scored more tries in one half of football then any other dragon in this position last year)
2. Boyd
3. Tagive (If doesnt prove to be good have Scott)
4. Cooper
5. Nightingale
6. Soward
7. Hornby
8. Saffy
9. Young
10. Weyman
11. Scott
12. Creagh
13. Smith

14. Greenfield
15. Fein