What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons squad for 2013 - (including rumours if you want)

Saintsified

Bench
Kyle Stanley hype has been the longest hype of all, superstar this superstar that and yet continues to do f**k all and we keep saying he needs another couple of years.

possm

Coach
Kyle Stanley hype has been the longest hype of all, superstar this superstar that and yet continues to do f**k all and we keep saying he needs another couple of years.

Well, I have seen enough of Kyle over the years to predict that he will make the NSW SOO squad within 3 years.

Only one condition; he associates with a good coach.

No you knockers, I'm not saying sack Price in this post, I'm saying get Kyle some individual coaching with someone like Joey Johns.

While we're at it, why not do the same for Soward, King and Drinkwater?

Sensible moves like this would restore a lot of confidence in the Club's current coaching staff and football club management team.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
at this stage of the off-season, i reckon this will be price's thoughts for 2013..

1. beale
2. morris
3. stanley, c
4. cooper
5. nightingale
6. soward
7. fien
8. hunt
9. rein
10. weyman
11. frizzel
12. creagh
13. de belin

14. king
15. merrin
16. prior
17. ah mau

possm

Coach
What about notwithstanding injury?

I am banking on the fact that he is a year older and with the correct training schedule, he will be much stronger and more likely to withstand injury from now on.

But I agree, injury could play its part.

Saintsified

Bench
Well, I have seen enough of Kyle over the years to predict that he will make the NSW SOO squad within 3 years.

Only one condition; he associates with a good coach.

No you knockers, I'm not saying sack Price in this post, I'm saying get Kyle some individual coaching with someone like Joey Johns.

While we're at it, why not do the same for Soward, King and Drinkwater?

Sensible moves like this would restore a lot of confidence in the Club's current coaching staff and football club management team.

So another few years now? Don't get me wrong I'd love to see him excel and live up to it all but why couldn't he do it in a Lockyer, hunt, DCE, Fittler period of time?

64 Dragon

Coach
at this stage of the off-season, i reckon this will be price's thoughts for 2013..

1. beale
2. morris
3. stanley, c
4. cooper
5. nightingale
6. soward
7. fien
8. hunt
9. rein
10. weyman
11. frizzel
12. creagh
13. de belin

14. king
15. merrin
16. prior
17. ah mau

Agree with you there, Muz. Although Merrin may start. Mathews also could be used instead of Ah Mau.

Ray Parlour

Juniors
Beale
Morris
Stanley
Cooper
Nightingale
Stanley
Soward
Weyman
King
Hunt
Creagh
Frizzell
Merrin

Rein
Stockwell
JDB
Prior

King is better suited to starting, rein to provide the impact off the bench

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
So another few years now? Don't get me wrong I'd love to see him excel and live up to it all but why couldn't he do it in a Lockyer, hunt, DCE, Fittler period of time?

Circumstance?

Takes a year to get over a knee. Injury is the bogeyman of every player - its hardly his fault.

The guy is 21. All those guys walked into champion teams in their primes. Kyle has had to bide his time and it hasn't fallen for him.

Shit happens. Be patient.

Last edited:

Joey_dragons

Juniors
1.beale
2.morris
3.stanley
4.cooper
5.nightingale
6.stanley
7.soward
8.hunt
9.rein
10.weyman
11.frizell
12.creagh
13.vidot

14.merrin
15.de Bellin
16.mattews
17.king

That's the team I'll like to see next season if there's no jennings,Marshall etc etc

watatank

Coach

DCE was so good Hasler picked Hodkinson to replace Orford.

Also when DCE was Kyle's age he was playing QLD Cup and he had a lot better luck with injuries/opportunties.

RedVDave

First Grade
1. Beale
2. Morris
3. Vidot
4. Cooper
5. Nightingale
6. Soward (vc)
7. Drinkwater
8. Hunt
9. Rein
10. Merrin
11. De Bellin
12. Fritzell
13. Creagh (C)

14. Weyman
15. Ah Mau
16. Prior
17. King

Mr Red

First Grade
Agree with you there, Muz. Although Merrin may start. Mathews also could be used instead of Ah Mau.

agree... Matthews would add more value, Price is kidding himself if he thinks Ah Mau can add ongoing value in the 17...

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Beale
Morris
Stanley
Cooper
Nightingale
Stanley
Soward
Weyman
Rein
Hunt
Prior
Frizell
Creagh (c)

King
Merrin
Matthews
DeBelin

I really like that bench. Flexibility, size, skill. We don't lose a thing when interchanges occur.

Thats actually a pretty sexy side on paper. Show us what you got Pricey.

Last edited:

saints4ever

First Grade
1. Beale
2. Morris
3. Vidot
4. Cooper
5. Nightingale
6. Stanley
7. Soward
8. Hunt
9. Rein