What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons squad for 2013 - (including rumours if you want)

bottle

Coach
I think he was in shock that he wasnt injured with them...

In all honesty i picked Jennings in my team but if we dont get him (which we wont) I am more then happy with Chase in the number 3 jersey... the kids got a lot of skills and there were moments last year where he put moves on his opposite and made them look silly... we just didnt have the attacking structures to set him up with room to move enough.

I agree that Chase looked to be getting it right attack wise last year. Some more experience and some better work from the men inside him would help heaps.
His defence is scary though. Needs a minder/mentor out there who can help him with his reads. Has the strength, just needs the vision.

MattYg1

Bench
I agree that Chase looked to be getting it right attack wise last year. Some more experience and some better work from the men inside him would help heaps.
His defence is scary though. Needs a minder/mentor out there who can help him with his reads. Has the strength, just needs the vision.

His poor defensive reads i think come down to just that, inexperience and inconsistency due to all the injuries...

Cant really judge him to much on his first stint with us because of how young he was and Brown throwing him into the second row and back to centre and then the injury...

I think as he matures and the injuries dry up this wont be as much an issue... he just needs time and patience on the part of the fans...

Guvner

First Grade
1. Gerard Beale
2. Brett Morris
3. Chase Stanley
4. Matt Cooper
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Jamie Soward
7. Kyle Stanley
8. Dan Hunt
9. Mitch Rein
10. Michael Weyman
11. Ben Creagh (c)
12. Matt Prior
13. Will Matthews

14. Cameron King
15. Tyson Frizell
16. Trent Merrin
17. Jack De Belin

18. Evander Cummins
19. Kyle Martens
20. Nathan Green
21. Charly Runciman
22. Bronx Goodwin
23. Todd Ryan
24. Josh Drinkwater
25. Jack Stockwell
26. Nathan Fien
27. Josh Miller
28. Atalea Vea
29. Daniel Vidot
30. Leeson Ah Mau
31. Jared Allen
32. Blake Phillips
33. Ben Musolino

nrlnrl

First Grade
only prob with cam king goal-kicking, is hes not consistently on the field...

Chase is an option, he obviously has the talent, just needs the mentality to go with it, but he has an off season to practise this time... was throw in it big-time after the Soward/Kyle injuries.

Josh Drinkwater was the goalkicker for Manly's Toyota Cup side

nrlnrl

First Grade
1. Gerard Beale
2. Brett Morris
3. Chase Stanley
4. Matt Cooper
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Jamie Soward
7. Kyle Stanley
8. Dan Hunt
9. Mitch Rein
10. Michael Weyman
11. Ben Creagh (c)
12. Matt Prior
13. Will Matthews

14. Cameron King
15. Tyson Frizell
16. Trent Merrin
17. Jack De Belin

18. Evander Cummins
19. Kyle Martens
20. Nathan Green
21. Charly Runciman
22. Bronx Goodwin
23. Todd Ryan
24. Josh Drinkwater
25. Jack Stockwell
26. Nathan Fien
27. Josh Miller
28. Atalea Vea
29. Daniel Vidot
30. Leeson Ah Mau
31. Jared Allen
32. Blake Phillips
33. Ben Musolino

I heard that Jared Allen has signed for Newcastle & that Ben Musolino was leaving the Dragons. Does anyone have any more info on the contract status of those 2 ?

Todd Ryan is staying and Shannon Crook has signed a 4 year deal so that leaves no place for Allen or Clune.

Musolino is interesting have heard he wants to stay and the Dragons don't want him to move on if he does indeed stay he'll play for the cutters next year.

Hopefully he is along with Phillips are moved to the NSE Cup to fast track them to first grade along with Bullock and Burke.

Gomarchin

Juniors
Do we know when K. Stanley will be back from injury next year? If he's not back will Price opt for Drinkwater?

MattYg1

Bench
Do we know when K. Stanley will be back from injury next year? If he's not back will Price opt for Drinkwater?

Its been mentioned a few times that K.Stan is expected back round 1...

a lot of people seem doubtful of that but ACL tears work on a case by case basis... i think he will be back...

dragonsman4eva

Juniors
1.Beale
2.morris
3.C.Stanley
4.cooper
5.nightingale
6.k.stanley
7.soward
8.merrin
9.king
10.weyman
11.frizzell
12.creagh
13.De-Belin

14.rein
15.hunt
16.vea/prior
17.stockwell

nrlnrl

First Grade
1.Beale
2.morris
3.C.Stanley
4.cooper
5.nightingale
6.k.stanley
7.soward
8.merrin
9.king
10.weyman
11.frizzell
12.creagh
13.De-Belin

14.rein
15.hunt
16.vea/prior
17.stockwell

King has potential, but Rein is definitely ahead of him on this year's form. Others have mentioned it, but King might be a utility forward to help the team while they still have Fien as an option.

VanillaGorilla

Juniors
1.Beale
2.morris
3.C.Stanley
4.cooper
5.nightingale
6.k.stanley
7.soward
8.merrin
9.king
10.weyman
11.frizzell
12.creagh
13.De-Belin

14.rein
15.hunt
16.vea/prior
17.stockwell

Looks pretty close to me mate but I think Vidot will be on the right wing there.. Nighty fullback and Beale centre ahead of Stanley

Looks pretty close to me mate but I think Vidot will be on the right wing there.. Nighty fullback and Beale centre ahead of Stanley

You have a look at vidot at the start of the season then take another look at the end of the season he put on a shit load of bulk I would be more inclined to play him in the second row!

hardbaby

Coach
You have a look at vidot at the start of the season then take another look at the end of the season he put on a shit load of bulk I would be more inclined to play him in the second row!

For the Dragons to have any hope next year the coach needs to roll the dice on a few players and one of them is Vidot. He needs to move into the backrow.

As for the comment that Beale will not be the starting fullback, you really need to watch him play mate. He is an out-and-out fullback. In the modern game your fullback needs to be quick and be able to pass. Beale is both of them. Nighty is neither.

Joey_dragons

Juniors
For the Dragons to have any hope next year the coach needs to roll the dice on a few players and one of them is Vidot. He needs to move into the backrow.

As for the comment that Beale will not be the starting fullback, you really need to watch him play mate. He is an out-and-out fullback. In the modern game your fullback needs to be quick and be able to pass. Beale is both of them. Nighty is neither.

Spot on. Totally agree

RedVDave

First Grade
Our team should look this (if every rumour or player we were linked to, turned out to be true) oh and we have spare cash so we'd defientley be under the cap.

1. Josh Dugan
2. Brett Morris
3. Michael Jennings
4. Matt Cooper
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Benji Marshall
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Dan Hunt
9. Mitch Rein
10. Michael Weyman
11. Ben Creagh
12. Jeremy Smith
13. Michael Crocker

14. David Stagg
15. Cameron King
16. Leeson Ah Mau
17. Trent Merrin

Coach: Craig Bellamy
Assistant Coach: Tim Sheens
Coaching Director: John Lang

inside_pass

Bench
When does Matt Prior's contract finish?
Can't see him being upgraded if he continues to play like he did in 2012.
He would free up some cash as well.

Reddragon

Bench
Imagine a fan of a team dropping one of its best players for the start of the next year.
The King hype is just that until he proves it - week in, week out.
Lucky some people in here will never be allowed near the coach's box.

Latest posts