What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons table three-year deal to Moses Suli

Walpole

Juniors
I really hope for the sake of the young blokes career, that he sticks with Manly and shows some loyalty to them giving him the opportunity when his career was on life support.
Nah, that's not how it works these days. Russell Packer anyone?

Hope the offer is a good one and we get Suli - would be a nice change to sign a good young player with 50+ games NRL experience.

Bench
It would be a great signing for us, we have paid overs before, in this case we would probably have to also, just needs to see whether Millward opens the purse strings

denis preston

First Grade
I really hope for the sake of the young blokes career, that he sticks with Manly and shows some loyalty to them giving him the opportunity when his career was on life support.

In regard to his behavior what i heard was :

* Wests flicked him as he wasn't coping with the death of his father,who died in their home gym .His brother was present at the time.

* Canterbury flicked him as he wasn't coping with the suicide of this same brother ( who couldn't get over his father's death)

Pretty valid reasons at a young age in my book and doesn't it show what a very good coach can do, get in the heads of these young blokes to revive them.Bennett & Bellamy are legendary at this, turning average NRL players into vital cogs in a team machine.

Dragsters

First Grade

* Wests flicked him as he wasn't coping with the death of his father,who died in their home gym .His brother was present at the time.

* Canterbury flicked him as he wasn't coping with the suicide of this same brother ( who couldn't get over his father's death)

Pretty valid reasons at a young age in my book and doesn't it show what a very good coach can do, get in the heads of these young blokes to revive them.Bennett & Bellamy are legendary at this, turning average NRL players into vital cogs in a team machine.

Wow.

Didn't know any of that.

Nor probably should I have.

If true then it's vastly different to the picture the press painted if him over that period, making him out to be a loose cannon and a lazy trainer.

Regardless of whether he signs with us or not, well done to the kid for getting his career back on track under those circumstances...

Gareth67

First Grade

I did not realize they were the issues involved , most unfortunately I went with the media reports at the time which were more related to “ a bad attitude etc. etc. “ .

However now that the facts are known I can only think that it would be a big step backwards for him if he does leave Manly or more so the guidance of Des Hasler whom would appear to be not only a great footy mentor , but also able to heal the wounds of a shattered heart .

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Mark Geyer stating that Suli should stay at Manly because they have helped him get back on track. Of course he would say this the b'stard as he doesn't like us!

blacksafake

First Grade
Mark Geyer stating that Suli should stay at Manly because they have helped him get back on track. Of course he would say this the b'stard as he doesn't like us!
I can understand his reasoning.
Manly/Des took him in & showed faith in him & his end of last season was a sign of what he can do.
If he decides to show his appreciation to them I have no problems with it.

Gareth67

First Grade

Dragon David the only reason that dopey beggar hates the Dragons is because he was hit so hard by Wally Lewis in the SOO that all he could see was red and white stars , thus he assumed it was a Dragon player who hit him .:boom:

jak

Bench
Dragon David the only reason that dopey beggar hates the Dragons is because he was hit so hard by Wally Lewis in the SOO that all he could see was red and white stars , thus he assumed it was a Dragon player who hit him .:boom:
all true

getsmarty

Immortal
Mark Geyer urges Moses Suli to stay at Manly after offer from St George Illawarra Dragons
Sea Eagles
  • March 10, 2020 10:23am
  • by George Clarke
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
bd0cbf4f4b43df53a7e2375a166e0bc2

Manly's Moses Suli is a target for the DragonsSource: News Corp Australia
League great Mark Geyer has urged Moses Suli to re-pay the faith Manly showed in him when his NRL career appeared all but over as he comes off contract.

Foxsports.com.au broke the news on Monday that Suli was a target for the Dragons, with the Red V tabling the strike centre a three-year offer.

Suli is a free agent as of November 1 and, given his obvious running threat, will be a target for many clubs.

Geyer, however, believes that he should stick with Manly given they gave him a chance to reignite his career after he was moved on by the Tigers and the Bulldogs.

:rotating_light: EXCLUSIVE :rotating_light:

Dragons table offer to poach Moses Suli from Sea Eagles.

DETAILS: https://t.co/Fv8YXzKLuC via @GLR_Clarke #NRL pic.twitter.com/wyUpfBA8lf

— FOX LEAGUE (@FOXNRL) March 9, 2020
“I’ve got one message for Moses,” Geyer told Triple M. “Don’t do it. Don’t do it, Moses.

“You know what happens when you make it all about money?

“Complacency sets in, stay hungry and stay at Manly.

“He’s found his little bed [at Brookvale], lay in it for a while, until you have exorcised those demons that have seen you leave clubs pretty early in your career.

“Moses Suli came of age last year under Des Hasler. I don’t think any other club could do what Des Hasler did to Moses Suli.”

Geyer is not alone in his calls to urge Suli to stay on the northern beaches.

Manly captain Daly Cherry-Evans told reporters that he wanted Suli to stay, detailing how he had taken particular pride in the player’s transformation since joining the Sea Eagles.

“I’d love for him to stay,” said Cherry-Evans.

“He played right centre outside of me for most of last year and I enjoy playing alongside him.

“It looks like he’s turned things around. He’s certainly training really well, which is a step in the right direction for his footy.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/aad5cec847f37e9532302720edec46eb

Dragon David

First Grade
I Like ot hahaha!

Richard Norton

Juniors

Somewhat incorrect.
His father passed away in 2013.
Suli was sacked by the Tigers and Dogs in 2018.
Im not saying he wasnt effected by his fathers passing, far from it.
His issue was he lost discipline.
He wasnt motivated to put in the required work to make it in first grade.
He came back to league in i believe 2015, after taking a year off following his dads passing, as a parra junior, then went on to the tigers.
By all reports from those that associated with him, he was normal, he was able to talk about his dad without breaking down.
Again, im not saying he isnt effected by his fathers passing, im just saying thats not why he was sacked.
Bad company, late nights with the boys, spending that extra cash like any teenager would do at his age, thinking he is now untouchable and that clubs will let him do as he pleases so to not lose him.
He learnt the hard way that he is not irresplacable.
The bright side is he seems to be focused now and realising what life he can provide his family with the blessings he has.
I for one hope we sign him, a talented kid that fell off the rails but got himself back up.

41yearsaint

Juniors
No chance.
Does make it look like the Dragons are forward thinkers.
That star winger by surname only, is our style.