What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons table three-year deal to Moses Suli

jak

Bench
Well it only goes to show that somebody like Hasler is more popular than anyone at our club. If we had someone other than Mary as the coach at the time and that the other coach had tons of faith in Saab, he might have stayed. And that's not saying Hook is the other coach because at the time of Saab's "whinging", Hook wasn't even in the picture (I don't think).
your so right mate.

Walpole

Juniors
Well it only goes to show that somebody like Hasler is more popular than anyone at our club. If we had someone other than Mary as the coach at the time and that the other coach had tons of faith in Saab, he might have stayed. And that's not saying Hook is the other coach because at the time of Saab's "whinging", Hook wasn't even in the picture (I don't think).
Maybe Saab weighed up the pros and cons of being fed the ball by Tommy Turbo or Matt Dufty.

Smirrors

Juniors
Do you guys think the travelling schedule for the guys to get to Wollongong has any impact on the field? I feel like it does. Not sure how a guy like Suli would enjoy the commute.

That said Suli is a confidence player. Needs a good coach who will go out to bat for him. Hopefully the culture will change next year. A guy like Norman will definitely screw around with Suli's potential.

And the other thing that he needs to work on is his defence. Seems a bit lacking in that area and can usually lead to loss of confidence.

TruSaint

Referee
Do you guys think the travelling schedule for the guys to get to Wollongong has any impact on the field? I feel like it does. Not sure how a guy like Suli would enjoy the commute.

That said Suli is a confidence player. Needs a good coach who will go out to bat for him. Hopefully the culture will change next year. A guy like Norman will definitely screw around with Suli's potential.

And the other thing that he needs to work on is his defence. Seems a bit lacking in that area and can usually lead to loss of confidence.

When one buys into a culture, then travel is no obstacle.
Im not saying it isn't an issue in "recruiting ", it may well be. However, the Class of 09-2011 proved that a team travelling 90 mins or so is no issue.

Agree Suli is a powerhouse, but will wait and see how he pans out.

Way too hot and cold for mine.

Trifili13

Juniors
When one buys into a culture, then travel is no obstacle.
Im not saying it isn't an issue in "recruiting ", it may well be. However, the Class of 09-2011 proved that a team travelling 90 mins or so is no issue.

Agree Suli is a powerhouse, but will wait and see how he pans out.

Way too hot and cold for mine.
Agree, winning games cures everything. Players come from the UK, NZ and Pac Islands to play in the NRL. Travel is a cop out for me. A lot of these guys would be digging ditches, collecting the garbage or being barmen at the leagues club like the old days if they weren't playing, so travelling 90mins to collect $200k plus per year should not be an issue. Common folk travel that long to work each day for much less than half that these guys get. Apart from the odd player, you don't hear of too many players knocking back playing for the Storm because it's too far to travel or they are uprooting their families. If and when the Storm comes back to the field, it will be interesting to see if they can attract the same quality of players or will it be "too far to travel".

Nicholas Kosic

Juniors
Agree, winning games cures everything. Players come from the UK, NZ and Pac Islands to play in the NRL. Travel is a cop out for me. A lot of these guys would be digging ditches, collecting the garbage or being barmen at the leagues club like the old days if they weren't playing, so travelling 90mins to collect $200k plus per year should not be an issue. Common folk travel that long to work each day for much less than half that these guys get. Apart from the odd player, you don't hear of too many players knocking back playing for the Storm because it's too far to travel or they are uprooting their families. If and when the Storm comes back to the field, it will be interesting to see if they can attract the same quality of players or will it be "too far to travel".
The travel was a cop out for the 2 meter sack of spuds

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Contracts for alot of players are:

Base plus
Per game payment FG
Per game payment ressies

I feel very confident that Suli was in a position that we said we can meet you on ur 2022 as is but 2023 and 2024 will be tilted more to higher paymentd for FG games played.

We were in a strong position and Suli needed to get out and Manly needed to make this happen also.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Maybe Saab weighed up the pros and cons of being fed the ball by Tommy Turbo or Matt Dufty.
Well Saab is playing finals footy & we are not so you really can’t fault him for wanting out. He’s not a local junior so there wasn’t any sentimentality to keep him here.

I think he’ll eventually turn into a very good fullback somewhere, obviously not at Manly. Big body, lots of speed & good under the high ball. Just needs to develop a passing game.

Maddragon99

Juniors

ALSGI

Bench
Nothing official yet I’m actually hoping the deal falls through. I think Suli will be the new Corey Norman.
Or the new Lafai?

Odd that Manly are letting the ‘Wrecking ball’ go. Concerning he can’t crack a regular starting gig there.

Hope Dragons have done due dillgence with everything and is good at his new club - he can be very good.

SBD82

Coach
If it’s anywhere near the reported >$500k per season, our recruitment team needs to be sacked.

Latest posts