What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons table three-year deal to Moses Suli

SnowDragon

Juniors
Only the dollars are a question to me (rumours suggested very high cost)

on the other hand devastating when at his best

& ( the kicker)
Suli v Beale

Maddragon99

Juniors
I’ve decided to take a positive view of Suli’s signing. He’s only 23 & could be our left centre for the the next 6-8yrs. Assuming Ramsey plays outside him they could be a potent combination. I’m happy to give Suli a fair go before casting any judgements.

It pose the question though, where does Jack Bird play next year? Mybe will be the utility so I’m not seeing an immediate spot for Jack.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Lock for Bird I hope.
Sims, Su’a & Burns ahead of him for second row & JdB & Moose ahead of him at lock.

Amone deserves first crack at 5/8 & Sloan deserves first crack at fullback.

Perhaps No.16 for Jack & No. 17 for Mbye with two props at 14 & 15?

I’ve decided to take a positive view of Suli’s signing. He’s only 23 & could be our left centre for the the next 6-8yrs. Assuming Ramsey plays outside him they could be a potent combination. I’m happy to give Suli a fair go before casting any judgements.

It pose the question though, where does Jack Bird play next year? Mybe will be the utility so I’m not seeing an immediate spot for Jack.
A Suli/Ramsay combo is as juicy as our Lomax/Rav combo.

Crush

Coach
Sims, Su’a & Burns ahead of him for second row & JdB & Moose ahead of him at lock.

Amone deserves first crack at 5/8 & Sloan deserves first crack at fullback.

Perhaps No.16 for Jack & No. 17 for Mbye with two props at 14 & 15?
My early prediction for Hooks preferred spine.
1. Sloan
6. Mbye
7. Hunt
9. McCulloch
14. Bird
Amone and Sullivan Halves in reserve grade and will get the odd game when injuries inevitably hit.

BIG RIG

Juniors
Im really interested to see where jack bird will fit in...centres full as are 2nd row options as is the no. 14 w Mbye here.
I reckon Bird will start in the back row with Su’a and Sims will join prop rotation with Burgess , Woods , Molo and McGuire/Lawrie

Coffs dragon

Bench
I’m still very sceptical on the Suli signing.
I know he is strong in attack & can bust tackles, but for me he always looks unfit & a lazy defender.
Shades of BJ Leila as a 50/50 player!

If Des Hasler can’t get him into shape then what hope has Hook & Co. got. I pray for a miracle & I’m proven wrong.

Mickov

Juniors
Just putting an alternate view up on Suli, many have commented that he was cut from Manly and Dragons are getting scraps etc. i think you will find Manly are playing Moneyball and have to find cash to keep Tom T, Jake T, Cherry, Shuster & co. they have two serviceable centres in Parker & Morgan on a heap less coin so Suli was a way to bank some cap so released to the Dragons.
Surely he is a better option than Beale, Williame etc and gives us another point of attack apart from Lomax.

Trifili13

Juniors
Just putting an alternate view up on Suli, many have commented that he was cut from Manly and Dragons are getting scraps etc. i think you will find Manly are playing Moneyball and have to find cash to keep Tom T, Jake T, Cherry, Shuster & co. they have two serviceable centres in Parker & Morgan on a heap less coin so Suli was a way to bank some cap so released to the Dragons.
Surely he is a better option than Beale, Williame etc and gives us another point of attack apart from Lomax.
I am of the same thinking. I would suggest that Suli was on $400-$500k at Manly and that's too much for a centre that is not playing regularly. DCE, Turbo and his brother would be soaking up a third, if not more of their cap, so you can't have players on big coin sitting on the bench or in reserves.

Now whether Suli is worth what we will be paying him and will we get our money's worth is another question.