What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons team - round 3

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dragons team for round 3: : Isemonger and Te Maari named
Written by: Dragons media
21/03/2006

Back rowers Sam Isemonger and Lee Te Maari will make debuts of a different kind when the Dragons play the Rabbitohs at Telstra Stadium this Sunday.

Isemonger, 27, will play his first NRL game for St George Illawarra since joining the Dragons this season and Te Maari, 20, will make his NRL debut. Both players will come from the interchange bench.

The Dragons will welcome the return of captain Trent Barrett and will be looking to reverse their Charity Shield result when they were defeated 14-12 at the same venue on February 18.

Unavailable Dragons due to injury are: Wes Naiqama (ankle) Ben Creagh (knee), Shaun Timmins (knee), Mathew Head (knee), Matt Cooper (Hamstring) Andrew Price (Concussion) and Luke Bailey (Knee).

DRAGONS NRL TEAM LIST
v South Sydney Rabbitohs
2:30pm Sunday 26 March
Telstra Stadium
Coach: Nathan Brown
1. Clint GREENSHIELDS
2. Reece SIMMONDS
3. Mark GASNIER
4. Daryl MILLARD
5. Colin BEST
6. Trent BARRETT (c)
7. Ben HORNBY
8. Justin POORE
9. Dean YOUNG
10. Jason RYLES
11. Corey PAYNE
12. Ashton SIMS
13. Matt BICKERSTAFF
14. Aaron WHEATLEY
15. Michael HENDERSON
16. Sam ISEMONGER
17. Aaron GORRELL
18. Lee TE MAARI

DRAGONS PREMIER LEAGUE TEAM LIST
v Rabbitohs
12:40pm Sunday 26 March
Telstra Stadium
Coach: Steven Price
1. Brett MORRIS
2. Josh MORRIS
3. Beau MUNDINE
4. Beau RYAN
5. Tom HEWITT
6. Reece BLAYNEY
7. Chris SHEPPARD (c)
8. Charlie LEAENO
9. George NDAIRA
10. Chris HOUSTON (c)
11. Tom HABERECHT
12. Willie TUPOU
13. Brian WEST
14. Danny WICKS
15. Jamie DUNNING
16. Lagi SETU
17. Dane KERSHAW
18. Jamie KEITH
19. Bryson GOODWIN

DRAGONS JERSEY FLEGG TEAM LIST
v Rabbitohs
3:00pm Saturday 25 March
Redfern Oval
Coach: Corey Pearson
1. Jason NIGHTINGALE
2. Peter REEVES
3. Junior SEUMANUTAFA
4. Rota SETU
5. Luke IRWIN
6. Richard WILLIAMS
7. Matt SEAMARK (c)
8. Luke YOUNG
9. Brad DAVIDSON
10. Chris FARRELL
11. James KEELAN
12. James GREHAN
13. Nathan WYNN
14. Peter WAKLEY
15. Francis LANGIFISI
16. Scott SABLOWSKI
17. Blake DUREAU
18. Lewis McPHAIL

http://dragons.leagueunlimited.com/news.asp?num=10049

Ribs

Bench
Any more out and they will have to upgrade the dugout section where they all sit and watch the game......

All things considered, and it took a long time to consider them all, not a terrible side.

How he cant find a spot for Ndaira astounds me a little though.

weasel

First Grade
It's only Round Two? Thank god, I was hoping the game against Penrith was just a bad dream.

Biglance

Bench
i think we might see creagh on the bench as a late inclusion, dragons.com reports timmins as about rd 7 so i dont think u are right there mate, but id be tipping creagh on the bench instead of wheatley

drake

First Grade
If they keep losing players, well at least the stands at WIN will look full.

brendothejet

First Grade
can i be the person who comes along and says the old line about "weel;l i'd rather they miss a couple of games here than at the end of the season"

Godz Illa

Coach
Biglance said:
i think we might see creagh on the bench as a late inclusion
You may well be right, but speculation like this really doesn't help at all. Several of the various casualties have been rumoured for an early comeback for each of the 3 rounds so far, with none actually doing so. The false hope in the end only amplifies the despair. I'd prefer to assume that the team named is the one that will take the field.

drake

First Grade
brendothejet said:
can i be the person who comes along and says the old line about "weel;l i'd rather they miss a couple of games here than at the end of the season"

Sure can!

Can I be the person to say "I'd rather they stopped missing huge chunks of every season and play the whole year."?

The Preacher

First Grade
The little bloke doing the "that's gold" on the Jubilee Avenue site wants a spot on the bench also. Preacher Junior, come on down. :)

brendothejet

First Grade
drake said:
Sure can!

Can I be the person to say "I'd rather they stopped missing huge chunks of every season and play the whole year."?

hahahah

i'll also be the guy who does the other cliche

"its better they don't rush their injuries"

this is all wank. Saint will win the comp next year with a team full of nobodies and it will make all these blouse weares look stupid.

God-King Dean

Immortal
You take Barrett out of that team, & it's a average looking side.

But with Barrett in the team, I'm pretty confident that we'll win.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'm impressed with Millard, Ndaira, and Price - they've all stepped up to first grade well.

S2H

Juniors
Who will take the kicking duties?

I'm suprised Gorrell is on the bench after two very good performances in a row, especially as he is our kicker ATM.

The Preacher

First Grade
Gaz was practicing goal kicking before the game last week, he's an option for sure, but I'd rather have Gorrell taking them all at this stage.