What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons to welcome back Dugan

Father Ted

First Grade
Dragons to welcome back Dugan
James MacSmith
12:06 AEST Sat Mar 29 2014

St George Illawarra fullback Josh Dugan is set to play his first game of the NRL season against South Sydney next Saturday after recovering from a knee injury.

The former Canberra custodian suffered the injury in the pre-season Charity Shield clash against the Rabbitohs.

Dugan's return is a huge boost to the Dragons, who have been one of the early season frontrunners despite the absence of the NSW representative.
Dugan was close to a return in the Dragon's 36-20 loss to Brisbane in Wollongong on Friday night - their first defeat of the year - but coach Steve Price said he will definitely be fit to face the Rabbitohs at the SCG.

"We will welcome back Josh Dugan next week, he was close to playing the Broncos but we decided to give him another week," Price said.
"He had been running throughout the week, he didn't do any ballwork with the footy team but he will be ready to go next week."

Dugan is sure to add another dimension to a side that has become one of the NRL's best attacking units after their struggles to score points over the last two years.

Brett Morris scored his sixth try of the year in the round-four clash against the Broncos, while a double to the Dragons' other winger Jason Nightingale made it four tries from four games for him so far this season.
With Dugan back the trio will form one of the most exciting back threes in the competition.

It was the Dragons defence that let them down against the Broncos, especially two tries they conceded to Sam Thaiday and Todd Lowrie on their own goal-line one pass off the ruck.

It has given coach Price plenty to work on ahead of the meeting with Souths.
"We have a good footy team and we will dust ourselves off and get ready for the Bunnies," Price said.

"We are still learning about ourselves, it has been a very positive start to the season."

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8821820

Twenty10

Juniors
I noted a post Dugan made on Instagram late last night. Was quite an emotional one from him saying now much he missed his family and son... Also said all he wants to do right now is see them. This sparked a whole lot of people to ask him if he was ok?? Including jack bird who's response was a little strange.

I hope nothing has happened and that he is ok.

TruSaint

Referee
I noted a post Dugan made on Instagram late last night. Was quite an emotional one from him saying now much he missed his family and son... Also said all he wants to do right now is see them. This sparked a whole lot of people to ask him if he was ok?? Including jack bird who's response was a little strange.

I hope nothing has happened and that he is ok.

Sorry, am I missing something? Is his family away from him?

Mr Red

First Grade
Lucky broncos already have Hoffman and barba...let's hope Titans don't show interest..

possm

Coach
Doust, just put Dugan's family on a plane each weekend; problem solved.
Then again, at 750k a year, surely Dugan can afford to bring them down for the weekend.

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
Doust just put his family on a plane each weekend; problem solved.
Then again, at 750k a year, surely Dugan can afford to bring them down for the weekend.

Easy fix...
Third party agreement with Jestar ala Dogs / Chooks.

TheRev

First Grade
why on earth are they in brisbane?? unless they are divorced, bring them back to sydney/wooloongong.. and pay for a nanny.

id expect atleast 1-2yrs from him hopefully..

possm

Coach
The must be some info that we are not aware of because it is hard to believe that Doust/Price has not made an effort to take care of this. Dugan’s value to the Dragons is enormous and so there should be no question mark over his intention to complete his contract term.

The Nick

Bench
The must be some info that we are not aware of because it is hard to believe that Doust/Price has not made an effort to take care of this. Dugan?s value to the Dragons is enormous and so there should be no question mark over his intention to complete his contract term.

I think some of you are very confused about what is included in Doust's job description!?

It's Dugan's first time in his life that he's been located away from Canberra and naturally he's gonna feel a little homesick from time to time, which is all he's expressed so everyone needs to calm the F down (as usual)!

Canberra is just a 2.5hr drive from Wollongong so it's hardly a crisis.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Dugan and his gf split, she now lives in Brisbane with their child. This was the situation when Dugan stuff up his contract with the broncos! nothing has changed.

TheRev

First Grade
Dugan and his gf split, she now lives in Brisbane with their child. This was the situation when Dugan stuff up his contract with the broncos! nothing has changed.
I have to say that this story sounds identical to Barba's, like literally the same excuse he gave to leave the Dogs, though there was personal drama there too.

Honestly I always thought 4yrs for Dugans contract (also signed at the height of his media hype) was ridiculous.. but after losing Hastings & Cummins as our next generation fullbacks... we probably are going to be needing Dugan at the back for another 2+ yrs till someone like Dufty comes through... there is Quinlan but you cant replace him like for like with a genuine rep player.. we have so few of them as it is.

Cagey Mac

Bench
He hasn’t been playing and the team has been winning. Even his training is light so apart from anything else, he’s out of the limelight.
A hero’s performance against South’s and he’ll be okay for a while (I hope)