What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRAGONS TV.

REDVHEARTBEAT here. I am a 50 year Dragons diehard and I think my signature name says it all.
Who among us are tired of being treated like peasants by being handed scraps of footage of our lower grade games. Two miserable mins out of 80 or 70 mins is simply a joke. With this in mind, I have been asked to fire the first shot at our club with the aim to offer us long suffering and the most loyal fans in the game, a free live stream of lower grade games, including junior reps. Rabbits fans have Bunnies TV based at Redfern Oval we want DRAGONS TV/ LIVE STREAM based at Kogarah Oval and Win Stadium and wherever the Junior Reps are playing. Also a minimum 20 min footage of all away matches.

Last edited:

FlickFlano

Juniors
Sounds like a great idea, especially given our Flegg team seems to be on the rise faster than 1st grade. Plus the interest that the Ball players coming through is garnering is compelling.

Would love to see this.

I mean the full footage is taken of each game anyway, just trying to work out how to bring it to the domain of the fans.

If only we had some sponsor involved in the media who could assist.

TheRev

First Grade
Would love this, personally I dont even need commentary (although im sure someone would do it for next to nothing). Im not sure how big the audience would be, but I'd certainly be one of them.

This really ties in with NSWRLTV though, though they cover very very few Flegg games.. we got 1 game in Round 3 but thats all that was scheduled for the year.

So what do you need? Are you starting a petition ? Are you just emailing the club?
The idea is to form a power base to take the complaint to the club, I suppose. @Kogarah Warrior has more of an idea than I on how to follow thru from here. I'd expect that the more people we have, specially members, the bigger our chance of something being done.

Last edited:

hook hook

Juniors
Would love this, personally I dont even need commentary (although im sure someone would do it for next to nothing). Im not sure how big the audience would be, but I'd certainly be one of them.

This really ties in with NSWRLTV though, though they cover very very few Flegg games.. we got 1 game in Round 3 but thats all that was scheduled for the year.
I’m sure Jack Clifton would be happy to commentate for a small fee.

Am expecting the club to opt out as I have already had one knock back, so the first step is to secure a sponsor. Jack Clifton has been mentioned, thanks for that @hookhook. Additionally what about that guy who runs a RedV podcast, think his name is Steve. He may help in that respect, directly or have his own ideas re a sponsor. Be good to have him on board. Bunnies tv has iconic Aussie confectionery brand Darryl Lee as its sponsor. Quite a coup to secure them. Their commentators promote DL products using a vidcam and saying a few words.

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench
If the club opts out as I am expecting then the first step is to secure a sponsor. Jack Clifton has been mentioned, thanks for that @hookhook. Additionally what about that guy who runs a RedV podcast, think his name is Steve. He may help in that respect, directly or have his own ideas re a sponsor. Be good to have him on board. Bunnies tv has Aussie confectionery brand Darryl Lee as its sponsor. Not sure if they are the major one or one of several. but the Bunnies TV mob promote their products by having a camera identify them and a commentator saying a few words.
How about Squadron Energy RVH :)