What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRAGONS V. KNIGHTS: RD 5 ~ Post Match Discussion

princess plj

Juniors
and that makes it 4/4 for me for my tipping :)
watched the games last night and it was a great game - the boys really played well. joey is back and bedsy was in top form

~bedsy~

First Grade
Unfortuanytly I didn't get to the see the game, but I was getting updates on NRL.com I couldn't believe the scoreline and some of the stuff I saw on The Footy Show this morning was fantastic, It's so good to see Joey 2nd on the list of all time point's. I didn't think he was that close to it.
Buderus' try was fantastic, that's the sort of stuff that I love watching him do, he so bloody good at it.

Gus made a good point his morning (which I hate because his right :lol:) He said he can see how the Knights would lack great attack without Joey, but he can't see how their defence can drop so badly as well. There was some good defence last week, but from what I saw it was amazing last night.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Bedsy, the defence last night was deadset streets ahead of what we saw last week. Early in the match they had 24 consecutive tackles in our 20m zone and we refused to budge.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Yeah I heard that, it reminded of SOO last yr when NSW held QLD back. I can't remember which game it was though.

Master Vippo

Juniors
Amazing game. Absolutely clincal demolition. Bring on the cowboys, hopefully we can teach Thurston and his merry men a lesson on football.
ps like Joeys new 'do as well

Gene Krupa

Referee
The game last night was won on the back of the fantastic defensive effort in the first 20. Not alot we could have done to stop the St's try. It was cracker and at least it wasn't a soft let in, go to sleep try!

stevo

Juniors
~bedsy~ said:
Yeah I heard that, it reminded of SOO last yr when NSW held QLD back. I can't remember which game it was though.

I think it was the 3rd.

It would have been awsome to be at the game yesterday. I'm so going to have to save big time so i can come down to NSW for a few games next year.

IanG

Coach
drake said:
Congratulations Knights fans. Your team absolutely destroyed us. Johns is a freak, no just in skill, but how he lifts the standard of those around him.

I am going to return to crying now.
Yeah hard luck drake.I thought you guys were starting to show a bit of promise last week against the Broncos

gregstar

Referee
great performance newcastle!

your side is in tremendous form & gave us a real shellacking.

gregstar

Referee
Gene Krupa said:
Thanks mate. Your guys will bounce back, I'm sure!
not for a couple of weeks i'm supposing.

but i'd sooner cop these types of drubbings in week 5 than week 25.

Bicey_18

Bench
Dragons will be back i have no doubt about that... will be up there come september, best of luck for the rest of the season Dragons supporters

Gene Krupa

Referee
gregstar said:
not for a couple of weeks i'm supposing.

but i'd sooner cop these types of drubbings in week 5 than week 25.

It's a funny season. I wouldn't be surprised to see you win next week.

madeline

Juniors
If the boys keep this up they are going to be real contenders for the G/F
awsome game by the boys. :clap:

Defence!! Sparkling attack...Confidence can carry you a long way.All the players just oozed it last nite..I was at a wedding..most to the guests were watching the game..especialy the second half.then we celebrated the victory.Alcohol was great on saturday nite!

Misanthrope

Staff member
Simply the greatest display from Newcastle I've had the pleasure of witnessing since 2001. They just looked slick in everything the did, which is amazing considering the defence they had to do in the first twenty.

I'm going to watch the replay on FoxSports tomorrow morning (10.30am) before I make a more detailed contribution. It was just awesome to be at the game and see that kind of performance from a side we all witnessed endure a record losing streak last year.

gregstar

Referee
Gene Krupa said:
It's a funny season. I wouldn't be surprised to see you win next week.
i would.

we only rolled the broncs because locky did what gas did last night - ran across field every time he had the ball. the broncs butchered a couple of tries. beating them masked over the obvious deficiencies we have without our two props.

manly play straight - manly should roll us at brooky.

naturally i'll be crossing the fingers that you're right however.

Gene Krupa

Referee
Gasnier is not your solution to the 5/8th problem. Barrett is your 5/8. Why change things and move them around? Hornby was doing a pretty good job at half.

Johns Magic

Referee
Gene Krupa said:
Gasnier is not your solution to the 5/8th problem. Barrett is your 5/8. Why change things and move them around? Hornby was doing a pretty good job at half.

Head's the answer.