What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRAGONS V. KNIGHTS: RD 5 ~ Post Match Discussion

Gene Krupa

Referee
thuganomics said:
Carmonts defence was on fire today. He made all the right decisions and hardly missed a tackle from what I saw. He's a new man in 2006.

Acording to NRL.com, he didn't miss one.

Roy

Juniors
Gene Krupa said:

if carmont can go a game without missing a tackle maybe i will get laid by jessica alba:p

Doctor

Bench
The most pleasing thing is keeping the Dragons scoreless for 78 minutes -- that in itself is a sure-fire way of winning a rugby league game, especially when you have the sort of players at our disposal.

The most displeasing (and confusing) aspect is how much of an impact Johns has. Not only do the areas he is expected to boost receive the boost, we're also picking up in areas that even Johns's superpowers shouldn't affect.

Last week we were flat in attack, hopeless in defence, had no kicking game, couldn't get out of our own end, had poor 5th tackle options, didn't support line-breaks, couldn't hold our line to save ourselves and did one-out stuff all afternoon.

This week everyone was in support, the defence only conceeded 11 missed tackles for the game (which is incredible), we looked sharp, we looked dangerous, we kept the ball alive, we had several runners off most movements, we had runs from dummy half (even the mouse-trap) and in general exhibited a multi-faceted, multi-directional, monofocused and omnipotent presence on the field.

No team would have come within a cooee of us in that kind of form -- but how it all falls apart (illogically) without Johns.

thuganomics

Coach
Gene Krupa said:

Well there you go. Probably his best game in Newcastle colours, along with the game against the Warriors in 2004 at Erricson. He had a blinder on that night.

drake

First Grade
Congratulations Knights fans. Your team absolutely destroyed us. Johns is a freak, no just in skill, but how he lifts the standard of those around him.

I am going to return to crying now.

IanG

Coach
Well what can I say I though we could win tonight but I didn't expect them to give them a right royal hammering. Only dissapointment was we couldn't keep 'em to the duck egg but hey we still won easily so I'm bloody happy :D

when the Knights got to 42-0 they showed the scoreboard and it was only showing 38-0. The guy sitting at the table next to me up at the Diggers though the scoreboard operator must be a Dragons fan who has just had a nervous breakdown

Great win all round

Stranger

Coach
The scoreboard tenants were exhasuted that was the problem.

The last try to the dragons was a very very good try, it was all class really, and IMO, we couldn't have really stopped it.

REYNOLDSON ON FIRE! Best game ive seen him play. Put his hand up, did the work and made the meters.

Kazaf

Juniors
I havent watched it yet, will get the recording from a mate on Monday.

From what I'm reading, all our boys are getting better and fired up.

Very glad to hear and very excited about next weeks game.. and hopefully a FULL strength team!

GO THE KNIGHTS!

snapper

Juniors
Only dissapointment was that I thought the game was on fox at 9.20pm. So showed up down at Belmont 16's at 9.00pm only to find the game had 20mins to go. Saw the score was 36-0 in favour of our boys, and was excited and really p*#sed off at the same time.

Keep an eye on the letters to the editor of the Newy Herald this week cause it had the Fox game time wrong in both Thurs and Sats paper.

Anyway's go the knights. Will definitely watch the first 60mins when it becomes available on the net.

Special mention goes to the lone Dragons supporter at the 16's who stood up and cheered when his lads finally got over for some points in the final minutes of the game. I've got a lot more respect for him than the table full of so called Knights supporters that bagged him out when he was leaving. Funny thing is, I don't remember seeing any of those guy's last year when we were none from 13.

cram

Bench
Can't blame the Herald for that one, Fox changed the time for the game late in the week

cram said:
Can't blame the Herald for that one, Fox changed the time for the game late in the week

As it turned out the original one would have been more interesting (4 points difference) Not that i,m complaining :lol: :lol:

We were showcased to all the KNOCKERS :)

Gidsgal

Juniors
snapper said:
Only dissapointment was that I thought the game was on fox at 9.20pm. So showed up down at Belmont 16's at 9.00pm only to find the game had 20mins to go. Saw the score was 36-0 in favour of our boys, and was excited and really p*#sed off at the same time.

quote]

Yeah, i was gonna watch it live at 9:30, and then turned it over just to see the progress of the sharks and roosters, and then was stunned to see the Knights game with about 9 mins to go

great game though by the knights, they are playing so well at the moment, i think they are really a chance this year

antonius

Coach
Awesome display, not just by Johns but the whole team, they all grow another leg when Johns is there. Carmont is back to the form we saw in his first year here, in fact he's better, can get to the try line, and knows when to throw a pass. Thaiday was the same, and our forwards were powerhouses, Buderus is the best dummy half in the comp, Matt Gidley, Kurt Gidley,Quinn, and Carney all ran rings round there opponents, Gasnier, Barrett, and co were made to look like schoolboys in that game, that's how good we were, because they are class players, the foundation was the first 20 when we held them out with some of the best defense our team has shown for many years, that must have really taken the wind out of their sails. As for Johnsy there has never been and there never will be a player like him again, soak it up people.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
What a sensational effort from the boys. The 54 points is very pleasing, however to me, keeping a team like the Dragons to just 6 points is the MOST pleasing aspect of that win. The defensive grit returned last night, how the Dragons didn't score when they had about 5 consecutive sets on our line is beyond me. We scrambled very well and made great decisions in defence,even Carmont.

IMO Joey played in a dinner-suit again, just telling the boys where to run and when to run, and delivering the pass right into the breadbasket. Have to admit when he was a little slow to take the first goal-line dropout, I had to hold my breath. The noticeable difference when Joey is there to when he isn't is remarkable. Every time we made a break there were 3 and 4 blokes in support.

Great night was had by all down in Wollongong, arguably the most fun I have had at a Knights game for a while.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Awesome display from the Knights and congratulations. Far too good in all aspects of the game.
Enjoy the victory. :thumn

Jono078

Referee
Thanks for that Willow, means alot. Some other fans just come in here then make excuses let alone telling us to enjoy the win.

Thanks, hopefully some better luck next week for your mob.