What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons V Sharks - Round 3 - ROLL CALL

brendothejet

First Grade
SAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

P.S Just back from Fiji, primed and ready to explode.

The Major

Bench
Red vee off a chick is much better. Then again some chicks would look better with a red vee wrapped around the heads i reckon.

Quigs

Immortal
Good Luck Arsewipes.

Have fun at the game.

I look forward to meeting some of you old farts at the Taj.

Pension cards at 20 feet.

You young bastards, just remember one thing, George Foreman won the world heavywieght title at 53.

Yeah have a great day .........

My Virgin awaits me. She takes off at 1205, we are flying souff.

Cheers
Quigs

SerbDragon

Coach
rather than start a new thread i thought id wack this in here:

Wendell Sailor will play his 200th NRL game tomorrow - reward for a career marked by travels and travails, writes Tim Barrow.
Wendell Sailor has done it all in a 16-year career across both rugby codes, but the significance of tomorrow's milestone is not lost on the star St George Illawarra winger.
When he switched to rugby union in 2001 after a decorated career with the Brisbane Broncos, Sailor thought he'd never play league again, let alone chalk up his 200th NRL game.
While he cut a lonely figure during his two-year ban for cocaine use, pounding the pavement to keep fit, such a personal achievement was the furthest thing from his mind.
And when Sailor fractured his cheekbone against his old club in his comeback match last season, he figured it might be over before it began.
So tomorrow is Sailor's reward. Recognition for a glorious career in which "international Dell" played for both the Wallabies and Kangaroos, State of Origin for Queensland and won premierships with the Broncos.
It is also a tribute to Sailor's perseverance and a self-belief that helped him through even the darkest of hours. Which is why the Dragons-Sharks derby - St George Illawarra's return to Jubilee Oval - is much more than just another early-season NRL fixture for him.
Because his rugby league return is no longer a cameo, nor is he living on his past glories. He has been adopted as one of them.
Sailor's favourite memory of Kogarah from his Broncos days used to be that former Dragon Gorden Tallis was public enemy No.1 for Dragons fans ahead of him.
Now Sailor is accepted as one of St George Illawarra's favourite sons. It was only last week at WIN Stadium where the fans on the hill chanted Sailor's name and cheered his every move, a cult hero almost of the stature he was in his days with Brisbane.
"It means so much to me," he says. "Last year I was a bit of a nomad - I was at Shellharbour, I was up playing in the Queensland Cup. I was a bit of an ugly stepsister at stages, and everywhere I went I got so much support. I can't wait to be there [tomorrow].
"I get so excited in big games like this. I don't get nervous, but I find it hard to sleep the night before."
Sailor admits that the chance to play his 200th game under Wayne Bennett, the man who gave him his start in rugby league, whom he considers a friend and mentor, is extra special. But he sees it as much more than another personal celebration.
Sailor says he became more aware of the feeling in the rivalry with the Sharks when immortal John Raper spoke about Cronulla being jealous of St George's successful history.
Tomorrow's game is his first battle against St George Illawarra's old enemy at the Dragons' traditional headquarters at Kogarah. In short, it is an education in what it means to be part of St George Illawarra for both the player and the master coach.
"Playing and training with the boys, you can feel it building this year," Sailor says. "It's a great chance for us to get another early win up in the local derby.
"You see John Raper come out the other day and say a few things, and I thought, 'Oh my God', so you know the bragging rights against the Sharks means a bit. Myself and 'Benny' are the outsiders here, and we can't wait to be part of this."

wendellsailor2_narrowweb__300x460,0.jpg

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/sailors-perilous-voyage/2009/03/27/1237657147045.html

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Just walking out the dooor now.

Trains, planes and automobiles... will be at there in time for lunch.

Btw, don't know if this corny little piece has been posted yet...

Media release from last week:

The St.George Dragon’s will celebrate their return to WIN Jubilee Oval...

...a world record attempt immediately prior to kick-off.

What: World Record Attempt as the largest ever Kazoo Orchestra and fundraiser for the St.George Foundation
Where: WIN Jubilee Oval, Kogarah
When: 3pm, Sunday 29th March (immediately prior to kick off)

St.George Bank will donate $1 to the St.George Foundation for every person who is recorded as participating in the event...

Kazoos will be distributed to at the game to fans who will then be asked to join in a rendition of When the Saints Go Marching In.

Latest posts