What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons v Warriors round 4

getsmarty

Immortal
NRL, NYC Team Updates: Round 4
Sat 25th March, 06:30PM
A A

1490425591574.jpg;pv4dbe0b245177ef2e

The St George Illawarra Dragons have named their 19-man squad ahead of the Round 4 clash with the New Zealand Warriors on Sunday night at UOW Jubilee Oval, Kogarah.

Utility Jai Field and back-rower Luciano Leilua drop out of the 21-man squad initially named by coach Paul McGregor on Tuesday afternoon.

NRL Squad for Round 4 v New Zealand Warriors:

1. Josh Dugan
2. Nene Macdonald
3. Euan Aitken
4. Tim Lafai
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Gareth Widdop (c)
7. Josh McCrone
8. Russell Packer
9. Cameron McInnes
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Joel Thompson
13. Jack de Belin
Interchange:
14. Tariq Sims
15. Leeson Ah Mau
16. Jacob Host
17. Kurt Mann
19. Taane Milne
21. Hame Sele

NYC Squad for Round 4 v New Zealand Warriors

1. Steven Marsters
2. Matheson Johns
3. Reuben Garrick
4. Zac Lomax
5. Jason Gillard
6. Tristan Sailor
7. Jackson Willis
8. Josh Dowel
9. Reece Robson
10. Matt Sheppard
11. Trent Peoples
12. Jayden Morgan
13. Stuart Mason
Interchange:
14. TJ Uele
15. Max Bailey
16. Cooper Purcell
17. Joe Lovodua
18. Hayden Lomax
20. Tom Angel
21. Dylan Morris

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/03/25/nrl_nyc_team_updates.html

thebigredv

First Grade
I still see McCrone as a weakness. Wish our coach was a little more proactive e.g. switch 7 and 17 and you improve our chances of winning. Has he been experimenting with Mann at half at training?

You can get just us much out of your players by dropping them when they are not to standard than remaining faithful and relentlessly picking them, when they haven't proven their worth after a few opportunities. Poor coaching.

Last edited:

BennyV

Referee
I'd Field is dropping out, I'd hope he goes down and plays u20s at least. Needs some game time.

BrissyRedV

Bench
I'd Field is dropping out, I'd hope he goes down and plays u20s at least. Needs some game time.
Didn't he do a hammy?
Mann needs to be dropped to the Illawarra side to get some game time. 3 games in and he has 10 minutes to his name. Of course, I would actually prefer him in the starting 1st grade side but we both know that is never going to happen.

Ljackson7

Juniors
Not long now.. pressures on foran this could get ugly for the Warriors if the right team turns up.. maybe mann will get some game time if mcrone kicks it out on the full a few times.. mcrone needs to step up or i can see mary trying something different tonight.. mann to come on and setup 2 tries lets go

BrissyRedV

Bench
Not long now.. pressures on foran this could get ugly for the Warriors if the right team turns up.. maybe mann will get some game time if mcrone kicks it out on the full a few times.. mcrone needs to step up or i can see mary trying something different tonight.. mann to come on and setup 2 tries lets go
We were lucky last week McCrones performance did not lose it for us. I fear if he does play like that again, he could just play the opposition into form and by the time Mann gets on with 10 to go, it will already be too late.