What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drastic Change of opinion?

Who do the haterz hate more?

• Total voters

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Im expecting this to turn into a troll thread filled with lots and lots of bait, but I think it will be interesting to find out if people have changed their tune.

Who is hated more? The Bunnies or the Roosters?

Seems to me that there has been a shift and that the Rabbitohs are frowned upon more now.

Thoughts? Opinions as to why?

*I put the logical choice first, just for you Bunniesman*

soc123_au

Staff member
Souths, one reason Bunniesman. I have hated the Roosters since they signed Fittler & Sing from us. Now not so much.

Loudstrat

Coach
You do know that Penrith forced them out?

I hate neither club.

I reckon though Saints would have that title. The animosity toward them after they won the comp has been astounding.

boonboon

Juniors
Souths and always has been Souths for me. As a Tigers fan we hated them since 1909 and I remember cheering loudly in the car when they were kicked out and nothing since has made me think they should be in the comp. They have tried to cheat the salary cap, they always had players who gave the game a bad image , always been a badly run club in a professional era , talked about how souths are all about building a team and now all they do is buy players , at least the roosters have been honest about having no juniors and buying players and being pretty boys Souths try for being battlers and now they are the new rich they think its ok. All the crap about the pride of the league makes me sick and they are South sydney but play in West Sydney WTF - I wish they had never been let back in I would rather keep a broke Sharks then Souths

BunniesMan

Immortal
Im expecting this to turn into a troll thread filled with lots and lots of bait, but I think it will be interesting to find out if people have changed their tune.

Who is hated more? The Bunnies or the Roosters?

Seems to me that there has been a shift and that the Rabbitohs are frowned upon more now.

Thoughts? Opinions as to why?

*I put the logical choice first, just for you Bunniesman*
I appreciate that but if the poll was any good it would have every team as an option. As you can see plenty of people want to vote for other teams. Because the question was who the "haters hate" and not who I hate, even I voted for souths.

The haters do hate us. Like I said in another thread, hate is the cousin of respect. Roosters were the most hated back in the day when they were high flying and stealing everyone's players and copying Manly's MO. But like Manly, they've more or less gone away now in terms of high flying/respect/hate.

It's now us. We're making waves off field. It's about to be translated to on field success. The haters sense this and so they hate, they might be too stupid to realise they're hating because of our impending and unstoppable success, but they are.

I welcome the hate of the simple minded folk. It feels better than the pity we've had for most of my lifetime.

Big Pete

Referee
South Sydney but that's because I believe the Roosters have turned it around really well in 12 months.

They were by far the most exciting team to watch on telly last season and in terms of PR I believe moves like letting the Footy Show broadcast their preparation and post game for the ANZAC game against St. George helped. Then you had players like Carney, Myles and Kenny-Dowall turning it around on and off the field.

On the other hand Souths have come off as arrogant since 2007 and this Inglis incident has exemplified this perception.

Then again, I'd say St. George are easily the most hated club in the comp. Parra is also very rocks and diamonds.

adamkungl

Immortal
I haven't cared about Manly since they merged. In fact, I don't mind them. Manly and Wests are the only other Sydney teams I wouldn't feel suicidal about supporting if for some reason we kicked the bucket.

adamkungl

Immortal
I appreciate that but if the poll was any good it would have every team as an option. As you can see plenty of people want to vote for other teams. Because the question was who the "haters hate" and not who I hate, even I voted for souths.

The haters do hate us. Like I said in another thread, hate is the cousin of respect. Roosters were the most hated back in the day when they were high flying and stealing everyone's players and copying Manly's MO. But like Manly, they've more or less gone away now in terms of high flying/respect/hate.

It's now us. We're making waves off field. It's about to be translated to on field success. The haters sense this and so they hate, they might be too stupid to realise they're hating because of our impending and unstoppable success, but they are.

I welcome the hate of the simple minded folk. It feels better than the pity we've had for most of my lifetime.

The funniest part of this is that when Manly and us were hated, we were actually winning games :cool:

BunniesMan

Immortal
The funniest part of this is that when Manly and us were hated, we were actually winning games :cool:
But the haters have gotten better with practice and expierience. Now they can sense impending success so they're getting in on the ground floor. Like I presume a lot of the increase this year in Souths memberships will be fans getting on the ground floor so they can't be accused of bandwagoning.

Same with the haters, so they can't be accused of just joining the hater bandwagon (like everyone did after the Dragons premiership, and the Manly/Easts era of hate) they're getting in now, before our success.

adamkungl

Immortal
also hated Dragons before they won the comp...clearly my scum detection skills are finely honed

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I am 28 and I cannot hate Souths. I can't really recall them ever being a huge threat. I have only really followed League since I was 14 though.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I don't really hate any teams tbh. Maybe Melbourne because they have beaten the Raiders so often. (and the cheating)