What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drastic Change of opinion?

Who do the haterz hate more?

• Total voters

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't really hate any teams tbh. Maybe Melbourne because they have beaten the Raiders so often. (and the cheating)

Ha! Here's the team I hate. f**king Melbourne.

During their reign of bullsh*t they knocked us out of the finals in '06, '07 and '09. We were genuine contenders in '07 and grand finalists in '09.

They are the only team to have beaten Parra in the finals since 2005. They were rorting the salary cap the entire time.

I hate them til I die.

the1

Juniors
I believe a reason for the rise in hate towards the Rabbitohs can be attributed to the media's continuing rising coverage of the team. I do no think you can blame the Rabbitohs for being in the paper's all the time, its the journalists who put them there. And when you compare how many times the Rabbitohs have been in the news compared to other clubs, I tend to agree it can get annoying. But as it has already been mentioned in this thread. Being hated means you are doing something that makes the opposition envious. Being hated means you are doing something right.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I just don't like boring robotic teams having success. Because these things trend all of a sudden every bloody team will try to play like that which in my my opinion would create boring footy.

For a f**kwit you're pretty smart.

I agree with your post. Watch Parra this year discard their exciting style of '06-'09 (and parts of 2010) and play grindy, Dragons style footy.

But it's not the fault of the teams playing that way, it's the fault of the rules which encourage it.

Charlie124

First Grade
I dont hate Souffs as a club, i pitty them. Every year they talk the talk in the pre-season and buy all the "stars" but every year they fall in a big pile of sh*t anyway, why? because as a wise man once said...... Same ol' Souffs.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Neither. The odd Roosters fan who couldn't deal with the fact they were well beaten by a better team gave me a few moments of amusement after the GF, but in general they don't bother me

Also the odd Bunnies fan sh*ts me, which is to say Fein (and occasionally Bumble). BunniesTroll is just talking sh*t to get a reaction. And it is kind of fun to laugh at their continual lack of success, despite the boringly repetitive pre-season predictions every year. In general though iq uite like the Bunnies, and I know a few fans who are top people, who I'd never begrudge finally seeing a bit of success for their long years of loyal support.

If we're talking genuine hate, then it boils down to 3 clubs: Melbourne, Brisbane, and Manly, in that order. The way the Raiders fans carry on in this place makes it easy to enjoy watching them lose, but I don't really dislike them, despite my team's sh*thouse record against them.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Don't remember Storm or Broncos fans being anything but gracious.

The Broncos have everything their way. Their fans don't have the right to be anything but gracious.

As for the Storm, they had a far better team than should have been allowed under the salary cap (and in hindsight it wasn't). They were certainly never underdogs for any of their grand final 'wins' this century.

Dragon

Coach
For a f**kwit you're pretty smart.

I agree with your post. Watch Parra this year discard their exciting style of '06-'09 (and parts of 2010) and play grindy, Dragons style footy.

But it's not the fault of the teams playing that way, it's the fault of the rules which encourage it.

It may have been boring for other fans but ask a saints fan, every game has been a nervous roll of the dice since Brown was coach. We wanted consistency, Wayne brought it in spades and in the modern game proved that it still works. But if you have a chance id urge you to go to youtube and watch all our tries for the year, they are pretty damn creative/well executed

I am excited at the prospect of us playing a more expansive style this year with the pressure off, but then Bennett hasn't mentioned anything of the sort and may just go with what works for us.

Anyway, back on topic. If Souths are doing well, it means 15 other teams aren't doing their job :p

Hated Souffs before it became fashionable but it is good to see people waking up to see how hypocritical their club and fans are.

Souths, one reason Bunniesman. I have hated the Roosters since they signed Fittler & Sing from us. Now not so much.

That's because like 99% of other Penrith fans you're an idiot who doesn't realise that if your club didn't sell out to Super League we'd have never signed Sing or Fittler.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I believe a reason for the rise in hate towards the Rabbitohs can be attributed to the media's continuing rising coverage of the team. I do no think you can blame the Rabbitohs for being in the paper's all the time, its the journalists who put them there. And when you compare how many times the Rabbitohs have been in the news compared to other clubs, I tend to agree it can get annoying. But as it has already been mentioned in this thread. Being hated means you are doing something that makes the opposition envious. Being hated means you are doing something right.

That's why there's a lot of hate for Parra. Win or lose we're always in the papers. Big fanbase will do that I guess.

There's already been about 4 Daniel Mortimer stories this year, and it's only the f**king off-season.

I dont hate Souffs as a club, i pitty them. Every year they talk the talk in the pre-season and buy all the "stars" but every year they fall in a big pile of sh*t anyway, why? because as a wise man once said...... Same ol' Souffs.

Lol Carl Webb's number one fan who is also a Cowboys fan talks about pity for another team :lol:

Big Pete

Referee
The Broncos have everything their way. Their fans don't have the right to be anything but gracious.

We were getting knocked from pillar to post all season from fans who said the likes of Lockyer and Civoniceiva had past it and Bennett was a s**t coach. We may of had everything go our way in the final but getting there was a whole other story.

Loudstrat

Coach
The only reason you had media coverage is because of your 6 week long near botched signing of Boat Boy despite being the only team in any football code anywhere in the world offering a contract ffs!

Hated Souffs before it became fashionable but it is good to see people waking up to see how hypocritical their club and fans are.
I don't hate Souths. Some of their fans are great people. The thing that annoys me is that Souffs fans rarely praise other clubs sucess. There is never any "Congratulations" or "Bad luck you deserved to win" messages. It's all palava about "Pride of the league" and drivel about the deeds of blokes like Arthur Branighan like he was Reg Gasnier, Ken Irvine and Brett Kenny rolled into one!

All clubs vary in graciousness in premiership victory. Saints were fine (although my missus had a few too many sherberts and screamed like an idiot for 3 days straight). Ditto Tigers fans - more out of disbelief that they had won something significant and they were not doing the usual celebration about winning the penalty count at Brookie.

Manly fans are arrogant, but they know they will have no love, and we can always throw bought referees at them. Chooks fans can be horrible (aka Cogburn), but there is only about 15 of them anyway. Melbourne fans are wankers in victory/ Canterbury fans are the worst I have seen - Dogs premiership immediately precede emergency calls to the SES and Bankstown Police Riot Squad.

I know that Souths fans will be absolutely unbearable. I once had a mate who was a mad Wests fan, so spent many arvos in the late 1980's at Lidcome and Leumeah watching the Magpies win spoons. I remember once Souths won a game there late in the season in a spoon battle. You would have thought they not only won the comp, but defeated the Third Reich. Example - they sign their only Kangaroo rep in a century, and BunnyBoy is carrying on like they'll win 10 comps next year!

That's because like 99% of other Penrith fans you're an idiot who doesn't realise that if your club didn't sell out to Super League we'd have never signed Sing or Fittler.
Actually, he did say he realises that.

I do recall the rubbishing that Gus got when they won their second comp = no one gave him credit for winning the hugely important first one!

BunniesMan

Immortal
Neither. The odd Roosters fan who couldn't deal with the fact they were well beaten by a better team gave me a few moments of amusement after the GF, but in general they don't bother me

Also the odd Bunnies fan sh*ts me, which is to say Fein (and occasionally Bumble). BunniesTroll is just talking sh*t to get a reaction. And it is kind of fun to laugh at their continual lack of success, despite the boringly repetitive pre-season predictions every year. In general though iq uite like the Bunnies, and I know a few fans who are top people, who I'd never begrudge finally seeing a bit of success for their long years of loyal support.

If we're talking genuine hate, then it boils down to 3 clubs: Melbourne, Brisbane, and Manly, in that order. The way the Raiders fans carry on in this place makes it easy to enjoy watching them lose, but I don't really dislike them, despite my team's sh*thouse record against them.
Ffs not a troll.

the1

Juniors
The only reason you had media coverage is because of your 6 week long near botched signing of Boat Boy despite being the only team in any football code anywhere in the world offering a contract ffs!

Previous seasons gone by there has been no Inglis saga yet the paper's still manage to talk stuff up.

If you were to go back through all the stuff regarding Inglis late last year, you would be amused to see just how much stuff was made up by the various media outlets.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We were getting knocked from pillar to post all season from fans who said the likes of Lockyer and Civoniceiva had past it and Bennett was a s**t coach. We may of had everything go our way in the final but getting there was a whole other story.

No I mean the Broncos have everything their way as a club - I mean year after year everything suits the Broncos more than other clubs.

2006 they had less of an awesome team than any of their previous premierships but they still had a better squad than anybody else bar the Storm.

Hate from opposing fans doesn't make your season harder - Lockyer and Civoniceva were still playing for QLD and Australia 4 years later so they certainly weren't past it, and Bennett is obviously not a sh*t coach.

The Broncos mightn't have been rorting the cap, but they always manage to fit more stars under it.

Big Pete

Referee
No I mean the Broncos have everything their way as a club - I mean year after year everything suits the Broncos more than other clubs.

2006 they had less of an awesome team than any of their previous premierships but they still had a better squad than anybody else bar the Storm.

Hate from opposing fans doesn't make your season harder - Lockyer and Civoniceva were still playing for QLD and Australia 4 years later so they certainly weren't past it, and Bennett is obviously not a sh*t coach.

The Broncos mightn't have been rorting the cap, but they always manage to fit more stars under it.

:? if we were that good wouldn't we be more boastful?

I disagree with your other points but I don't want to get into it. It will take away from the initial comment.

franklin2323

Immortal
Souths. Not for the fans I take Bunniesman as comic relief during a boring off-season.

I take issue with a few of their players mainly Sandow lands a conversion it can be 1st half and he will carry on like his won the comp. Rooster don't have any such arrogance maybe the near spoon a couple of years ago brought them back to earth

Gaba

First Grade
Easy answer for me

dont dislike the roosters, but Mitchell pearce :) doesnt make me like them

Last edited:

Latest posts