What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Drugs, sex, domestic violence: football's dark cover up

Pommy

Coach
Will be interesting to see the fallout for the Cows from NRL HQ.

And then even more interesting to see the lack of fallout for Souths.

I don’t think there’s been a lack of fallout for Souths. The player had retired so there was no rush to do anything. The rest is being investigated by the police isn’t it? They’re not going to start banning dr’s and risk their careers on hear say.
it will all come out in the wash and if half of its true I’m sure there’s certainly fallout to be had.

myrrh ken

First Grade
See Danny Weidler article in Februray 2019, I will copy/paste the relevant part ...

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ha...s-in-sexual-assault-case-20190209-p50wrr.html

JT rumours not true

Johnathan Thurston has enjoyed the well-earned benefits of fame, but there is a significant downside that has threatened to destabilise his harmonious family life.

Thurston spent a large slab of time after last season touring the country promoting his book, but in the background he has been the subject of a nasty whispering campaign that has caused his family significant distress.

Thurston’s name has been seized upon by an angry ex-husband of an employee of the Cowboys. The ex has called news outlets, starting with the Townsville Bulletin, asking for money to sell a story that has no truth to it. He has been trying to say Thurston was involved with the man’s former partner, which is false.

At least one paper had a story ready to run after the man told them his version of events. They even alerted some of Thurston’s major sponsors, including Sony. But the story was pulled when the man failed to produce the evidence.

He claims to have damning text messages. This is false. He has promised media outlets access to the information. Nothing has been forthcoming.

Johnathan and Samantha Thurston are friends with the Cowboys employee. Samantha received a call from the man and she shut him down quickly, saying she didn’t believe him. Club insiders say the man contacted them asking that his former partner be sacked, promising to let the story rest if that happened.

We understand the man is angry at the break-up of his marriage, but to drag the Thurstons into it is wrong and for people on social media to be treating it as fact is disgraceful. I’ve spent time in his and Samantha’s company and it’s hard not to admire them as a couple.

Geez do you have a good memory or something?

blue bags

First Grade
I had a cup of strong coffee then "committed consensual hetro mutual sexual act" haha.
this morning:)

Chimp

Bench
See Danny Weidler article in Februray 2019, I will copy/paste the relevant part ...

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ha...s-in-sexual-assault-case-20190209-p50wrr.html

JT rumours not true

Johnathan Thurston has enjoyed the well-earned benefits of fame, but there is a significant downside that has threatened to destabilise his harmonious family life.

Thurston spent a large slab of time after last season touring the country promoting his book, but in the background he has been the subject of a nasty whispering campaign that has caused his family significant distress.

Thurston’s name has been seized upon by an angry ex-husband of an employee of the Cowboys. The ex has called news outlets, starting with the Townsville Bulletin, asking for money to sell a story that has no truth to it. He has been trying to say Thurston was involved with the man’s former partner, which is false.

At least one paper had a story ready to run after the man told them his version of events. They even alerted some of Thurston’s major sponsors, including Sony. But the story was pulled when the man failed to produce the evidence.

He claims to have damning text messages. This is false. He has promised media outlets access to the information. Nothing has been forthcoming.

Johnathan and Samantha Thurston are friends with the Cowboys employee. Samantha received a call from the man and she shut him down quickly, saying she didn’t believe him. Club insiders say the man contacted them asking that his former partner be sacked, promising to let the story rest if that happened.

We understand the man is angry at the break-up of his marriage, but to drag the Thurstons into it is wrong and for people on social media to be treating it as fact is disgraceful. I’ve spent time in his and Samantha’s company and it’s hard not to admire them as a couple.

That’s the exact story I was talking about in my earlier post - thank you for taking the time to dig it out, I was having one of those moments where I was questioning whether I’d made it up in my head ha

Chimp

Bench
A few posts above mine, @Chimp mentioned they remembered an article talking about the rumours being BS, so I did a Google search and found the article haha!
So it’s me with the good memory - jeez, if only I could remember birthdays and anniversaries, the Mrs might get off my back. Actually, probably need to start remembering to do the jobs she’ asked me to do too.

AJB1102

First Grade
Lol, what a nothing story. And what a tw@t the husband sounds, no wonder she’s screwing around!

If its true and he's a long-haul trucky busting his guts while some footy star and "friend" is getting up in his mrs guts I'd be pissed too finding out on fathers day. If I then had my job on the line because of something the club gave me to settle down? Get f**ked!

Brutus

Referee
Who f**king cares. The dickhead husband should be annoyed at his wife for cheating nothing more.

Another piece of shit story to try and drag the NRL through the mud. I haven't even bothered to read the tripe just saw it on the news last night.

Canard

Immortal
If its true and he's a long-haul trucky busting his guts while some footy star and "friend" is getting up in his mrs guts I'd be pissed too finding out on fathers day. If I then had my job on the line because of something the club gave me to settle down? Get f**ked!

There is no way adult can use the defence, "I just took what they gave me".

That's on him.

As for the Dr and Parr, they could be in the shit.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hopefully the dr wrote a script in which case it’s an absolutely nothing story. If he didn’t then he’ll be in a bit of strife. The rest is just a domestic issue and nothing to do with the nrl, which they clearly thought given they did nothing. Won’t be the first or last time two work colleagues have had a screw.

you can tell mad Monday’s been a damp squib this year when the media are resorting to this and burgess story for their annual off season boot kicking of the game!

ademkungal

Juniors
i hope Sammy comes out after this and sues them all for defermation

him and Souths have been dragged thru the mud costantly because of all this bullshit

Latest posts