What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Drugs, sex, domestic violence: football's dark cover up

First Grade
Would not surprise me in the least that an order from the top of the NRL has been sent to Sundays Refs that Newcastle is to win at all costs, they wont want Souths in the finals a second longer then they need to be, try and mitigate the media scrutiny.

colly

Juniors
A great read. Mind you, cowritten by Sharron Markson so take with a grain

So I'm guessing his contract value will drop a bit for his nrl return? 4D chess from souffs there.
Yes Markson can be a piece of work- might be replacement for Becky girl?

Game_Breaker

Coach
Would not surprise me in the least that an order from the top of the NRL has been sent to Sundays Refs that Newcastle is to win at all costs, they wont want Souths in the finals a second longer then they need to be, try and mitigate the media scrutiny.

Yet Knights will still lose

Reactions: ODC

gregstar

Referee
The party drug MDMA can cause "mild mannered and peaceful people" to become aggressive, an inquest has heard.

It's true.

After work a fortnight ago I was invited by other office members to have a drink at a local restaurant in a fairly ritzy part of Brisbane.

Someone must have slipped me this MDMA thingy because when I woke up the following morning my wife was bruised, my dog was pregnant & the house was a mess.

My wife told me that when I got home I was naked & said, "Yo beeech! Me & my word up homies were out fo shizzlin & mo foeing!"

And then apparently I farted, tripped over her & onto the dog.

Someguy

First Grade
Wonder if a first grade comeback is still on the cards now?

Well Souths insurance is paying his previous contract so he won’t count towards south cap. Maybe they can offer him less and because Souths are already paying him the difference can make him count a negative on the cap

Chimp

Bench
So, a few musings of mine;

It’s titled PART 1 - This would suggest to me there is more to come on similar theme. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a different player, different club and will be released in a different finals week....

Timing of the release - yeah it’s shitty for the game, but the newspaper are there to make money, so why wouldn’t they release it at a time for maximum exposure. That’s just them doing their job well - if there isn’t a grubby story there in the first place, they have nothing to release. Our sports focus should be on why there is a culture in our sport that allows things like this to potentially happen and be covered up.

Greenburg - I would guess his handling of precious Burgess complaints will come under the spotlight. Old Sammy was one of Toddy’s favourites to sit down and have a coffee with.

Club cover ups - We all know these happen regularly for many indiscretions. Hopefully, this type of article will make clubs think twice about it in future, but I doubt it.

Recreational drug culture - It’s massive in society as a whole, so naturally our game is going to be impacted from time to time. What doesn’t help is shows like Matty Johns where they make light of it, and often crack ‘in jokes’ and innuendo about their own recreational drug taking and past antics. Just look at their panel members over the years and their reputations... Matty, Fletch, Hindy, Finch, Burgess

Has this been posted?

Sharri Markson is friends with Phoebe Burgess, fwiw.

Obviously doesn’t make the allegations false, but I think this should’ve been disclosed in the piece.

CD6C0E8B-4260-4D6C-9E25-B85E0B25A1AB.png

Latest posts