What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Drunk' Dragons investigated

KFC

Juniors
I was surprised to hear this about the Dragons.

I thought they'd put all that rubbish behind them and that was the reason they were finally living up to their potential.

Oh well, maybe letting off a little steam will be good for them.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Onan the barbarian said:
But those are the usual lines they trot out after an incident. Sounds like a storm in a teacup really but i'd believe management in damage control about as much as anything I read in the Tele.
Sure, I would normally agree but do you have an explanation as to where this damage control is?

He is saying:
no one was affronted,
nothing was damaged,
the publican hasn't complained,
no one else has complained,
but the club are investigating it anyway.

Are you suggesting:
people were hurt
property was damaged,
that publican did complain,
there were other complaints,
and the club are not investigating it.
?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
KFC said:
I was surprised to hear this about the Dragons.

I thought they'd put all that rubbish behind them and that was the reason they were finally living up to their potential.

Oh well, maybe letting off a little steam will be good for them.
Surprised at what? That players got on the amber stuff during their week off? Which 'rubbish' are you referring to?
What do you do when you have a few days off KFC? Go into a room and seek quiet contemplation?

Perhaps you could show me anything in the article which pins them with any crime? Or is just a case of hang 'em now and let god sort 'em out. lol

Letting off steam, as you say, is closer to the mark.

Anyway, I reckon they're just practicing for the grand final celebrations. ;-)

KFC

Juniors
Willow said:
Surprised at what? That players got on the amber stuff during their week off? Which 'rubbish' are you referring to?
What do you do when you have a few days off KFC? Go into a room and seek quiet contemplation?

Perhaps you could show me anything in the article which pins them with any crime? Or is just a case of hang 'em now and let god sort 'em out. lol

Letting off steam, as you say, is closer to the mark.

Anyway, I reckon they're just practicing for the grand final celebrations. ;-)

Settle down Willow I didn't accuse the Dragons of any crime.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'm perfectly settled, thanks. The question again.

What 'rubbish' are you referring to?

KFC

Juniors
The rubbish I refer to involves rumours posted on the Dragons msn site. They were related to alcohol and poor behaviour. I was just expressing my surprise at the article because I think Saints have really knuckled down this year and are playing to their potential something they haven't done in the last few years.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
KFC said:
The rubbish I refer to involves rumours posted on the Dragons msn site.
Rumours? How old are these rumours? Do they involve players going out and getting into the beer on their day off?
If you find a connection between these 'rumours' and what was actually reported in the article, then please, feel free to build up a case.
Looks to me like you're just falling for the gossip.

KFC said:
They were related to alcohol and poor behaviour. I was just expressing my surprise at the article because I think Saints have really knuckled down this year and are playing to their potential something they haven't done in the last few years.
They have been knuckling down... and are top of the food chain. At least for today.
The coach told them to have a few days off after what has been a gruelling last couple of months. In that time they beat a number of top four contenders and travelled interstate twice. They earned their bye and they earned their break.

Unless you're a complete wowser, it looks like they have just let loose for a night. No harm done.
If the publican hasn't complained, then there shouldn't be a problem.
Just the same, the club is looking into it.

Lenny_2212

Juniors
another stupid beat up. players can no longer have a drink without being scrutinised for rowdy behaviour or the sort.

the media have so much fun beating up nothing stories like this to drag the game through the mud, but what would the newspaper be without rugby league?

pathetic yet again.

KFC

Juniors
Willow said:
Rumours? How old are these rumours? Do they involve players going out and getting into the beer on their day off?
If you find a connection between these 'rumours' and what was actually reported in the article, then please, feel free to build up a case.
Looks to me like you're just falling for the gossip.

They have been knuckling down... and are top of the food chain. At least for today.
The coach told them to have a few days off after what has been a gruelling last couple of months. In that time they beat a number of top four contenders and travelled interstate twice. They earned their bye and they earned their break.

Unless you're a complete wowser, it looks like they have just let loose for a night. No harm done.
If the publican hasn't complained, then there shouldn't be a problem.
Just the same, the club is looking into it.

Willow your over-reaction to my original post is puzzling.

Not once did I criticise the Dragons about this incident.I don't need convincing that they did no wrong.

Perhaps you're trying to convince yourself?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Nice work how you're trying to turn this around. lol You sure don't like it when someone corrects you.

Stay in denial if you like. That's fine.

Bottom line you made an assumption about the nature of the 'incident'.
When asked what you meant by "I thought they'd put all that rubbish behind them", after being asked a few times, the best you could come up was some 'rumours' - and you couldn't even make a connection.

But hey, you put on it whatever spin you like.

Gold Coast

Juniors
Gasnier fined for dissent
NSW Origin centre Mark Gasnier has become the first St George Illawarra player fined for dissent as part of a crackdown on discipline leading into the finals.
Illawarra Mercury 26/08/2005

Naughty

KFC

Juniors
Willow said:
Nice work how you're trying to turn this around. lol You sure don't like it when someone corrects you.

Stay in denial if you like. That's fine.

Bottom line you made an assumption about the nature of the 'incident'.
When asked what you meant by "I thought they'd put all that rubbish behind them", after being asked a few times, the best you could come up was some 'rumours' - and you couldn't even make a connection.

But hey, you put on it whatever spin you like.

You are one twisted dude.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Gold Coast said:
Gasnier fined for dissent
NSW Origin centre Mark Gasnier has become the first St George Illawarra player fined for dissent as part of a crackdown on discipline leading into the finals.
Illawarra Mercury 26/08/2005

Naughty
What does this have to do with this thread?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
MrSharky said:
Two weeks out from the finals and they're out on the piss... DISGRACEFUL :roll:

:cool:

39 years and won f**k all.... DISGRACEFUL

Get over your pathetic sunglass smiley too, all you're doing is a polluting the boards.