What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DT: Daniel Anderson will not replace Michael Hagan

StEely Matt

Juniors
Daniel Anderson will not replace Michael Hagan

By Steve Mascord
August 06, 2008 12:00am

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24134926-5001023,00.html

DANIEL Anderson will not replace Michael Hagan as Parramatta coach next year, Eels chief executive Denis Fitzgerald said last night.
Fitzgerald was responding to speculation after the 32-12 loss to Newcastle on Monday which left the Eels with an almost insurmountable task to make the finals.
Former Warriors boss Anderson, who has strong ties to the Parramatta club, will coach St Helens in the Challenge Cup final at the end of the month and is returning to Australia without a job at the conclusion of the Super League season.
Asked if he could rule out Anderson joining the Eels, Fitzgerald said: "Yes, I can. Michael Hagan's here next year. We're not doing anything with Daniel Anderson."
Fitzgerald confirmed he had held talks with Anderson's agent Jim Banaghan but said there was "no intention" of offering Anderson any role, even as part of Hagan's staff.

caylo

Bench
Fitzgerald confirmed he had held talks with Anderson's agent Jim Banaghan but said there was "no intention" of offering Anderson any role, even as part of Hagan's staff.

Maybe Fitzy is looking for a replacement for 2010 already??? We all know he likes doing things a year out, oh exept upgrading jnr talent... that can be left till a week after they sign at manly :D

bartman

Immortal
Noooooooooo!!!!

Or is this all part of a Fitzy bluff, and he has him in pocket already for 2010... or when Hagan implodes a la Smith and steps aside after he is told he isn't to be given an extension?

yy_cheng

Coach
Gee, I wonder what Hagan will do after 2009.

Would you like fries with that?

Maybe, he'll end up as a ch.9 commentator and give EXPERT comments?

Gronk

Staff member
I'll be happy if Anderson is on board for 2010. Let's face it, our squad for next year won't win much even if we had God as coach and Jesus as halfback.

Anderson will need all of next year to recruit and start with a clean slate in 2010.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I've be telling you all along that nothing will happen before 2010..I still stand by it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
cant Fitzy see that Hagen is not working as coach ?

Is it that hard

slippery nipeel

Juniors
If DickFitz has already been talking to DA'a manager, Hages shouldn't be holding his hand out for that extension for too long, because he will get a sore arm!!

Suitman

Post Whore
I think he can see it but can't justify paying him out...

I'm just speculating here, but I wonder how much it would really cost us, considering if, next year turned out to be a highly successful season with Anderson (Minor Premiers, Grand Finalists etc...) as opposed to a possible bottom 4 finish?
Surely the extra income generated would go a long way to covering a lot of the outlay?

Suity

Latest posts