What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DT: Daniel Anderson will not replace Michael Hagan

sharks8601

Juniors
there was talk on the radio this morning that the dogs might move up there to get the 11 million from the nrl

- Increased season tickets
- Increased game day ticket sales
- Increased merchandise sales
- increased footy memberships
- increased catering takings
- increased patronage at the club
- increased sponsorship opportunities
- increased prize money (I know it's not much, but it's something)

Just a few off the top of my head.

I know winning is never a guarantee in sport, that's why this is speculation, but seriously, if the situation evolved, surely all the above would go a long way to covering the cost of paying out Hagan and his sidekicks, maybe we'd even make a profit from it!!!! :lol: It's not beyond the realms of possibility.

Suity

Yeah thanks for that Suity I am quite sure I understand what goes up and down if we win or lose. I was more asking to the tune of how much the Increase / Drop off is.

I personally don't believe we can make $7 Million a year out of the above things considering all merch sales go back to the NRL and they give us our cut via the clubs grant.

The Prize Money for Winning the NRL is I think $100,000. The Prize for the Minor Premiership is $50,000

Daneel

Bench
I personally think that is a misconception. Dennis is answerable to people. Those People are answerable to the members. At this point the membership has not seen fit to remove those people.

Also a valid point, but does that mean we are a play thing of the members? Somewhere along the line an entity(whether that be an individual such as Dennis or a group of people such as the board or the members) is pulling the strings. I'm not convinced with having a millionaire running the show is the answer, but neither am i convinced that it would be worse than the current system.

There are clear pros and cons.

The biggest con, IMO, is what happens if our sugar daddy hits the wall or gets bored with his play thing?

Indeed.

I mean it is a great Idea, but what happens if say Delmarge Commercial goes belly up because it was leveraging hard into the Sub-Prime Market for instance? Where are Manly then?

What happens to Souths if Russell doesn't make another film due to injury or the like?

This sets them back further than square one.

spiderdan

Bench
- Increased season tickets
- Increased game day ticket sales
- Increased merchandise sales
- increased footy memberships
- increased catering takings
- increased patronage at the club
- increased sponsorship opportunities
- increased prize money (I know it's not much, but it's something)

Just a few off the top of my head.

I know winning is never a guarantee in sport, that's why this is speculation, but seriously, if the situation evolved, surely all the above would go a long way to covering the cost of paying out Hagan and his sidekicks, maybe we'd even make a profit from it!!!! :lol: It's not beyond the realms of possibility.

Suity
i think the club can increase sponsorship purely by giving more freebies to games. more people to games = higher premiums on sponsorships around the grounds. getting people to less attractive games i think is a part of making more $$$.

i also can't remember seeing much signage outside the stadium last time i was there (do we have any?) sureley selling the outside of the stadium to sponsors is an option if it isn't already being done.

Also a valid point, but does that mean we are a play thing of the members? Somewhere along the line an entity(whether that be an individual such as Dennis or a group of people such as the board or the members) is pulling the strings. I'm not convinced with having a millionaire running the show is the answer, but neither am i convinced that it would be worse than the current system.

But that is it. The Members are the ones who are responsible. The Club is about those people. They are the ones that attend the games, they are the people our club represents.

The Colonel

Immortal
Who is talking $7 million?

Surely a drop of even $500,000 is worth re-assessing the future of the coach..... when we have poor crowds like we did against the Cowboys and are bound to have as the rest of the season rounds out it does cost the club money or was that not the reason we took games to NZ and now Tesltra.

Last edited:

Daneel

Bench
Well, it would be a gamble and, if Anderson was to take over next year, with the thin squad we look like having, there would be no guarantees we go any better.

There are clear pros and cons.

The biggest con, IMO, is what happens if our sugar daddy hits the wall or gets bored with his play thing?

Agreed as has been seen with the likes of the Brisbane Bullets. However they way DF talks he can't gaurantee the clubs survival any more than a rich sugar daddy could guarantee he wouldn't get bored or get into financial strife himself.

Who is talking $7 million?

Surely a drop of even $500,000 is worth re-assessing the future of the coach.....

Well Suity was talking about the Club making a profit from Football. To do so, would mean they don't kick in their $ 6 million in sponsorship and we make money so Something in the order of $ 7 million would make a profit.

Daneel

Bench
But that is it. The Members are the ones who are responsible. The Club is about those people. They are the ones that attend the games, they are the people our club represents.

Then the question is, are the members happy with the way the club represents them?

f**k, are we paying Hagan that much????
No wonder we're in f**king trouble!!!

Suity

I don't know what Hagan is on. I have heard rumours of $400,000 but nothing ever confirmed from anyone. Then you have assistants. In effect this could be about a $1 million dollar change.

It is possible if we streeted everyone at every game from the Kick off of the 2009 season. We might make that sort of money back.

The Colonel

Immortal
Well Suity was talking about the Club making a profit from Football. To do so, would mean they don't kick in their $ 6 million in sponsorship and we make money so Something in the order of $ 7 million would make a profit.

Suity never mentioned the club - he mentioned the benefits placing a new coach in charge if the club were to move up the ladder and possibly even win the premiership.

emjaycee

Coach
FMD Mark..............I was talking about making a profit from the payout of Hagan.

Suity

Mmm..

option 1: Levy on STH's of $100 x 4,000 = $400,000 = Bye Bye Hages
option 2: Convince the Stadium Trust to sell the name of the stadium for $500k = Bye Bye Hages
option 3: Emjaycee wins lotto and pays Hages $305,000 NOT to coach the Eels = Bye Bye Hages

Heaps of options more I am sure.
:D:D

Daneel

Bench
I guess we will see come December.

But will we? Now i know nothing of the way a club or board work, but it has been stated in other threads that it is no easy task overturning one board for another. If that is the case than i would have to assume that even if members are not happy they won't nessacarily get the changes that they want or think the club needs. If that is indeed true (and im not saying it is) then the club is indeed at the very least the play thing of the board and DF and not the members.

But will we? Now i know nothing of the way a club or board work, but it has been stated in other threads that it is no easy task overturning one board for another. If that is the case than i would have to assume that even if members are not happy they won't nessacarily get the changes that they want or think the club needs. If that is indeed true (and im not saying it is) then the club is indeed at the very least the play thing of the board and DF and not the members.

I think the membership will asses what happens. I am quite sure they will ask questions, and ask for justifications. The Anger of the members is not always displayed in the replacement of a Board or even a Single Board member.

Latest posts