What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DT: Daniel Anderson will not replace Michael Hagan

you see, this is why the Roosters are so sucessful, if things aren't working they don't let it drag on they punt the coach and or players that are causing the problems and start again, they don't leave it 2 seasons before doing it they do it asap.

spiderdan

Bench
pokies tax is the killer
only to a football club with a lack of vision to make money from other sources.

i think our club was left behind purely because of the success of our leagues club in the mid 90s. we became too reliant on the gambling addictions of our members to fund our football club.

as much as it pains me to say it, i think our club should consider talking to john singleton about a venture that partially relocates us to the central coast whre we play a split of games there and at parra.

part of generating more money is opening up to more market streams.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm just speculating here, but I wonder how much it would really cost us, considering if, next year turned out to be a highly successful season with Anderson (Minor Premiers, Grand Finalists etc...) as opposed to a possible bottom 4 finish?
Surely the extra income generated would go a long way to covering a lot of the outlay?

Suity

I guess we'll never know will we??

to be brutally honest suity, we don't have the squad to go anywhere near the top 4 until atleast 2010, you can't coach powder puffs mate.

fish eel

Immortal
I guess we'll never know will we??

to be brutally honest suity, we don't have the squad to go anywhere near the top 4 until atleast 2010, you can't coach powder puffs mate.

but we did this year, and could have next year if the cap wasnt ballsed up

only to a football club with a lack of vision to make money from other sources.

i think our club was left behind purely because of the success of our leagues club in the mid 90s. we became too reliant on the gambling addictions of our members to fund our football club.

as much as it pains me to say it, i think our club should consider talking to john singleton about a venture that partially relocates us to the central coast whre we play a split of games there and at parra.

part of generating more money is opening up to more market streams.
It may be easy for me too say now living away from the area but Cental Coast Eels has a nice ring to it.

Gronk

Staff member
you see, this is why the Roosters are so sucessful, if things aren't working they don't let it drag on they punt the coach and or players that are causing the problems and start again, they don't leave it 2 seasons before doing it they do it asap.

That's because Politis has sound business acumen and understands that there are times that you need to spend money to make money. Be man enough to concede that something didn't work out, cut your losses, lick your wounds and move on. They did that with Coach Anderson and haven't looked back.

sharks8601

Juniors
the only thing saving the sharks to stand alone in the future is the redevelopment which is about to commence around the ground

It is an interesting point Suity Raises. What sort of funding increase / Drop off can we expect between a good season and a poor season.

I also think it is interesting that a club that is not as reliant as we are on their leagues club, is now debating a move to the central coast to survive. Giving up a $2 Million dollar a year deal to play at ANZ to pick up $8 Million. If the Sponsorship they stand to lose this year is $2 Million, plus the lose of the ANZ money, then how long will it take before the club is once again back to the position it is in now?

yes mate, we know about that..but have a look at what clubs like Manly and Souths have done to counteract that problem, why can't we try the same tact??
Will never happen while Fitzy is there, he will still want control and the blokes putting the money will want a say and it won't work. When the carry Fitzy out then that could happen.

fish eel

Immortal
It is an interesting point Suity Raises. What sort of funding increase / Drop off can we expect between a good season and a poor season.

Well, it would be a gamble and, if Anderson was to take over next year, with the thin squad we look like having, there would be no guarantees we go any better.

I don't know if I want to sell my club to being the play thing of a minor multi millionaire.

There are clear pros and cons.

The biggest con, IMO, is what happens if our sugar daddy hits the wall or gets bored with his play thing?

Suitman

Post Whore

- Increased season tickets
- Increased game day ticket sales
- Increased merchandise sales
- increased footy memberships
- increased catering takings
- increased patronage at the club
- increased sponsorship opportunities
- increased prize money (I know it's not much, but it's something)

Just a few off the top of my head.

I know winning is never a guarantee in sport, that's why this is speculation, but seriously, if the situation evolved, surely all the above would go a long way to covering the cost of paying out Hagan and his sidekicks, maybe we'd even make a profit from it!!!! :lol: It's not beyond the realms of possibility.

Suity

a good point, but would it be any worse than being the play thing of DF

I personally think that is a misconception. Dennis is answerable to people. Those People are answerable to the members. At this point the membership has not seen fit to remove those people.