What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DT: Daniel Anderson will not replace Michael Hagan

Suitman

Post Whore
Let me pose a scenario for everyone.

If we lose all our remaining games will Fitzgerald still have the guts to keep Hagan for 2009 ?

If we lose all our remaining games, it's Fitzgerald who should be worried about his job tbh.

Suity

Bazal

Post Whore
I actually thinkj that may be what Fitzgerald is banking on. Reading between the lines Anderson is in the frame somewhere. We haven't spoke to his manager to see his opinion on removalists.

I agree with that, I reckon Anderson is definitely in our future somewhere...

stuke

Bench
Anderson has got to be. as soon as Fitzgerald has admitted that he has spoken to his manager about him but he won't sack Hagan, nor will Anderson be looked at in regards to Hagan's assitant etc the reporter should have dug deeper. poor reporting, but it still gives us some hope to cling on to!

StEely Matt

Juniors
Hagan losing grip

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/grannygate-sequel-a-french-farce/2008/08/07/1217702253343.html

MICHAEL HAGAN'S chances of continuing as Parramatta coach after his contract runs out at the end of next year will be harmed if the Eels don't register a turnaround in their fortunes before the end of this season. It is only natural that Parramatta will start thinking about the 2010 season before next season starts and if the overwhelming memory of this season is the Eels going down the gurgler, it obviously won't help Hagan's cause. There is no suggestion Hagan won't see out his three-year term.

is this like all those other coaches who are told they have the full support of the board six weeks before they cop the bullet?

bradeel

Juniors
Understand that Fitz may not want to sack a coach with a year to run on contract - an expensive exercise if nothing else - but my hope is that he gives Hagan the heads up in the coming off season that they plan to not re-sign him beyond 2009 and that Hagan walks immediately rather than playing out next season as a lame duck that will be sacked win, lose or draw.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Understand that Fitz may not want to sack a coach with a year to run on contract - an expensive exercise if nothing else - but my hope is that he gives Hagan the heads up in the coming off season that they plan to not re-sign him beyond 2009 and that Hagan walks immediately rather than playing out next season as a lame duck that will be sacked win, lose or draw.

a decision on Hages's career beyond 09 will definitely be made before a ball is kicked next season, that is a certainty.

richo74

Juniors
was said on the sunday roast that the panthers were having talks with Daniel Anderson for the 2009 season

MrT

Juniors
was said on the sunday roast that the panthers were having talks with Daniel Anderson for the 2009 season

Hope it's only a year deal.

Like I expected Fitzgerald to get anything right.
Bellamy and Bennett off contract at the same time and di our club even try to sign one of them NO

Now lets watch Anderson got to Penrith BUT HANG ON, that means we can have Elliot. I bet Fitzi is already to wave a 3 year deal at Elliot

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Hope it's only a year deal.

Like I expected Fitzgerald to get anything right.
Bellamy and Bennett off contract at the same time and di our club even try to sign one of them NO

Now lets watch Anderson got to Penrith BUT HANG ON, that means we can have Elliot. I bet Fitzi is already to wave a 3 year deal at Elliot

There's only a select few coaches who would accept a role at Parramatta. I couldn't see a Belamy, Bennett or Stuart ever coming to a club which is being run by someone like Fitzgerald.

murraymob

Coach
if we get anderson at penrith i will happily drive elliott to parra .I think he would be a great coaxh at parra please take him :lol::lol:

big boppa eel

Juniors
I theink the Daniel Anderson has become a pipedream..for various reasons.
I really cant believe that people think so highly of Daniel Anderson, I think the fact we are fed up with Hagan this year has given us a very hazy perspective on Anderson. I know his credentials and still dont think he is the be all and end all, and would love to see peoples attitude next year if we actually do something and see if opinions change again.

murraymob

Coach
if there was a merge it would mean Fitzgerald from parra and Leary from penrith deciding on the coach my bet would be Elliott getting a extension as head coach and Hagan being the attacking coach great times ahead .
Only plus is even those two could not ruin a merged u20 team how good would they be together

Latest posts