What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DT: Inu shows his true colours

Junior 5

Juniors
Hi guys, I'm only 11 and I love to play in the centre's, fullback and even hooker. When or if the time comes I only hope the Parra scouts are in Brisbane and come to watch me play. I am undecided which local club up here I will play for next year. I live in Logan and have a few to choose from and I will be attending Marsden High in 2009 (that's where Cameron Smith and Falou went). Mum has always told me when I get a little older she will be emailing the club and putting in a good word, so the club doesn't miss out on a up and coming star (lol).
Cheer guys and go the Mighty Eels. Hopefully I can catch up with a few of you next year when mum and dad bring me down for a couple of games.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
byrne_rovelli_fan82 said:
*rolls eyes* That's what they all say. Wait a few years, and we shall see...I highly doubt they'll be so loyal once things get to their heads
Thats what people we're saying before they signed on this time, "Rolls eyes"

Parra Guru

Coach
byrne_rovelli_fan82 said:
*rolls eyes* That's what they all say. Wait a few years, and we shall see...I highly doubt they'll be so loyal once things get to their heads

:lol: ahhh how easy it is to be cynical when your team would prefer to offload it's home grown talent. It's no secret that when they get a couple of aussie imports, the warriors go well. ;-)

On another note, how is it possible that the Roosters are in the hunt for every big name off contract?

Hurriflatch

Referee
AlexTheEel said:
the Mateo deal was about $50K less over 3 years.

thats my point even if it was 50K less per year (as opposed to 50k over the 3 years meaning mean 16.6k a year) then compared to the money Hayne and Inu turned down it really isn't that much.

Look it's still great that Mateo is staying but he didn't excatly take much of a pay cut to do it.

WA Eel

Juniors
Junior 5 said:
Hi guys, I'm only 11 and I love to play in the centre's, fullback and even hooker. When or if the time comes I only hope the Parra scouts are in Brisbane and come to watch me play. I am undecided which local club up here I will play for next year. I live in Logan and have a few to choose from and I will be attending Marsden High in 2009 (that's where Cameron Smith and Falou went). Mum has always told me when I get a little older she will be emailing the club and putting in a good word, so the club doesn't miss out on a up and coming star (lol).
Cheer guys and go the Mighty Eels. Hopefully I can catch up with a few of you next year when mum and dad bring me down for a couple of games.

Hey Junior, best of luck in pursuing your footballing ambitions.

I thought it was worth noting that from the well written, articulate nature of your posts, I would never have guessed that you are only 11. You're clearly a well rounded individual who outside of football, is also in the process of getting a decent education. Keep it up, if this is the direction our game is heading than we're in good shape.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Aside from Inu saying he's happy, the line that really pleases me is the one about how gerat our coaching staff is at treating players as individuals.

Many (myself included, at first) were very sceptical when we announced Hagan as our coach. But what a master stroke it is turning out to be - the guy is a GREAT bloke, he has tonnes of footy knowledge and he's not only building from the work Brian did at the club - he's leaving his own [very positive] imprint on the club. I am so proud of the bloke.

:clap:

junior009

Juniors
Could not agree more Eelamentary....really makes me think the club is in great hands ad i couldn't be happier to be proved wrong.

apeman

Juniors
mateo was offered 280 000 a year by manly, but stayed at parra for 240 000.

great loyalty that you dont get in any other professions.

Can anyone genuinely say they would turn down an extra 40 000 a year?

junior009

Juniors
apeman said:
mateo was offered 280 000 a year by manly, but stayed at parra for 240 000.

great loyalty that you dont get in any other professions.

Can anyone genuinely say they would turn down an extra 40 000 a year?
Not this little black duck

MrT

Juniors
lewiscook said:
cheers mrT

im really wokring hard now cos im 16...time running out...
my uncle knows people at the parra club an ill be doing some trial runs an some of the staff will coming to watch some of my club matches.....

every morning my dad makes me do weights training an jogs for 3 hours....but only 1 hour on schools days...
i do tacticle stuff every second arvo wit my uncle after my boxing trainin....
but anywayss thanks for your support!
an i dearly hope one day i can play atleast one first grade game id be over the moon!

cheers all!

lewiscook, you sound very committed.
You are also very lucky as you have the full support of your family it seems.

Keep it up and I'm sure you'll play more than 1 1st grade game.

I just saw you guys now have your very own thread.

Head down, and just keep going for it.
Nothing is for free or comes easy. Lots of hard work which sounds like your good at.

Good luck champ

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Im not even earning $40 000 a year yet, however, If I was offered $280 000 a year by Manly, and $240 000 a year by Parra, id sign with Parra.

bartman

Immortal
Great to read Inu's own words about his future in the paper like this. Good on him.

Sounds like there is a good vibe at Parra that makes these guys want to stay instead of chasing maximum dollar elsewhere. Credit to whoever's responsible for turning things around and instilling this positive vibe as the junior talent comes through.

EGGG

Juniors
Good to get some good news with all the Smith hoopla. Inu is a good one, if he fulfills his potential he can be anything.