What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dud Buy Of The Year

et

Juniors
Andrew Lomu hasn't done much for Cronulla, considering he would have been a reasonably expensive buy, whereas Vagana has been better than given credit for, playing in a backline without a recognised 5/8.

Booyah

Bench
Vagana I guess maybe because people were expecting him to score a gazillion tries. I still think he had a solid year. He's starting to get some consistency and form on the board now anyway, and he's got something like 10 tries from 15 games.
Not a bad strike rate from a dud.

Contributing factors need to be taken on-board also.

Things like his interrupted off-season and lack of conditioning and match fitness, getting used to Kimmorley, having Phil Bailey playing inside of him, and of course Cronulla without a recognised 5/8 etc have not helped him one iota. Add Kimmorley missing about 10 weeks with his hammy.

He'll carve up next year. As for dud buy of the year, I don't think you can go past 5/6 the Parramatta forward pack. They are all duds. They still beat us though, so what does that tell you?

Paullyboy

Coach
Jus 182 said:
Chris Thorman
Corey Pearson
Aaron Cannings

Parramattas whole MASSIVE forward pack who do nothing!

Corey Pearson has actually been a fairly good worker for them.

Terry Hill is my pick

bartman

Immortal
I expected a lot from Tony Martin and Motu Tony this year. :arrow:

But would have to go to someone that gave nothing, and still walked away with major cash. Sounds like Terry Hill to me...

Juniors
Has to Terry Hill. He still got paid $80,000 and didn't play a match. Least the others have played!

macavity

Referee
Corey Pearson is the worlds biggest halfback (note to Brian Smith...)

Rusty Richardson has been awful. No two ways about it. The Knights could have got Moodie instead, but went for him. Just another example of their stunning commitment to stupidity..... for missed opportunity alone he gets my vote. Moodie would have played the whole year in FG for us, and gone some way to preventing our pathetic defensive record against kicks on the wings ...

what Terry Hill did was pretty low as well.......

t-ba

Post Whore
lodown said:
t-ba the hutt said:
For Manly...Where do I start? If Walker keeps on degenerating, he's a moral...

Nick Bradley Qwallalalalalllaala :lol:

Walker improved on Sunday. Still partial to the occasional hospital pass and the Poor kick.

NBQ is improving. A gap filler at best until Peachey breaks through, but he tries very hard.

I had forgotten all about Dallas. What a waste of space...I'd hate to be his foreman in his future career...

CC_Eagle

First Grade
lodown said:
t-ba the hutt said:
For Manly...Where do I start? If Walker keeps on degenerating, he's a moral...

Nick Bradley Qwallalalalalllaala :lol:

I wasn't a fan of his at first but he has started to fit in nicely. His goosetep yesterday to beat whoever it was, was an absolute gem :D

Latest posts