What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dufty comments

giboz71

First Grade
It’s a maturity thing. He’s 22 years old and it’s his first full season. At least his body has held up unlike Ponga.

Still think Lomax might be the one slated to be the long term fullback (unless we get someone like Holmes).

Mary seems to want Aitken in the centres so Lomax has to play somewhere.

possm

Coach
It’s a maturity thing. He’s 22 years old and it’s his first full season. At least his body has held up unlike Ponga.

Still think Lomax might be the one slated to be the long term fullback (unless we get someone like Holmes).

We have finally plugged the right edge defensive flaws, why bring the main culprit back in to oppose Inglis. Souths will run riot down the firght just as they did the last time we played them. Leave Aitken to fully recover and re-train him in the back row duties for next season.

giboz71

First Grade
We have finally plugged the right edge defensive flaws, why bring the main culprit back in to oppose Inglis. Souths will run riot down the firght just as they did the last time we played them. Leave Aitken to fully recover and re-train him in the back row duties for next season.

Wasn’t really talking about this week (although he may foolishly try to rush Aitken back).

I just think he’s generally a fan of Aitken at right centre for some reason. We even let Duges go because of him.

So I’m guessing Lomax at FB may be an option next year as he has to play somewhere.

Belta

Juniors
Not advocating Lomax for fullback but I must say that Lomax looks very comfortable catching high kicks, I imagine he would of made a handy AFL player.

Dufty doesn’t have this height factor advantage. It’s all plus and minuses I guess but I’d be surprised if Souths game plan doesnt include an aerial raid on Dufty with big athletic Souths players hoping to out jump Dufty, or cause Dufty to spill his lollies. If Dufty executes this area of his game well than he’d go along way to being the long term fullback solution.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Dufty doesn’t have this height factor advantage. It’s all plus and minuses I guess but I’d be surprised if Souths game plan doesnt include an aerial raid on Dufty with big athletic Souths players hoping to out jump Dufty, or cause Dufty to spill his lollies. If Dufty executes this area of his game well than he’d go along way to being the long term fullback solution.
Agree.. If Dufty doesn’t Dufty, then Dufty will be completely Duftied.

Drag Queen

Bench
Wasn’t really talking about this week (although he may foolishly try to rush Aitken back).

I just think he’s generally a fan of Aitken at right centre for some reason. We even let Duges go because of him.

Hmm. I've not seen much of Lomax until last week. Forget centre, this young bloke has FB written all over him.

If we do bite the bulliet and bypass Aitken or Lafai as centres imagine Lomax playing with his footwork and passing skills, with Dufty trained to flowing him around waiting for the break, lots of tries in that.

I don't think Lomax is fast enough to be a fullback, Duftys defensive issues and catching can be fixed.

I remember a mate telling about a 70s era French fullback who just flat out refused to tackle, his attitude was if the 12 blokes in front of him couldn't tackle the guy he wasn't going to either.

Drag Queen

Bench

Mary seems to want Aitken in the centres so Lomax has to play somewhere.[/QUOT The players voted for Ponga and rightly so. He's a 20 year old with talent to burn. As far as injury goes I'm not that confident. Widdop is out. I think it will be hard for us to win this one. Happy if we do, but will not be disappointed if we don't.

nontime111

Juniors
Our backline next year MUST be
Dufty
Periera ( or even better Oates)
Lomax
Lafai
Nene ( Mann if Nene goes)
Widdop
Hunt

nontime111

Juniors
yes but we can improve it, with Oates or an equivalent gun winger already at NRL stage to replace Nights and for McMary NOT to ever have Aitkant pass or tackle hoggman back in the centres, my dream

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Lance Franklin would make a handy centre..

Outside of that...

Umm..
The ABC news, being based in Melbourne, seem to report on Franklin's every move. You must be inundated with Buddynews living there.

And sorry but I don't agree that he would be handy in any position. AFL players are not brought up to defend like Rugby League players. Franklin would have nowhere to hide, he'd be smashed.

321Davoe dragon

Juniors
Not really. That’s the excuse used by the #metoo jerks.

A dog act back then is still a dog act today.

Throwing an unprovoked punch deserves as much reaction then as it does now.

It’s never been ‘tough’ to hit someone who wasn’t expecting it.
Not nice to get punched when not expecting it ,when we were kids you could always expect to get a punch occasionally was a hard body contact sport ,if you didnt want to get punched now an then you could play soccer another great sport !in my opinion id rather see a couple of blokes throw a few punches then have permanent nerve damage done with sneaky wrestling holds or crusher tackles that the majority of refs dont see. After all it was always ahard game ,i think its been ruined ,when was the last time you saw somebody actually push in a scrum or a hooker hook for the ball ,give me the old game anyday imo.

321Davoe dragon

Juniors
The ABC news, being based in Melbourne, seem to report on Franklin's every move. You must be inundated with Buddynews living there.

And sorry but I don't agree that he would be handy in any position. AFL players are not brought up to defend like Rugby League players. Franklin would have nowhere to hide, he'd be smashed.
Agree .he would be lucky to make a saturday morning social game .cant really compare both games but reckon he would struggle big time. Why not put him in the centres for the storm see how he goes lol.

Latest posts